Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Finished Black Lagoon. Gave it a 6.5/10.
Finished Tokyo Ghoul = 6/10 (annoying main character tho he may be more interesting in the second season if there is one)
Finished Terror In Resonnance = 7/10

Watching Aldnoah-Zero which is pure crack.
Watching Psycho-Pass which looks really nice from the first eps.

I may watch Hellsing Ultimate as I hear nothing but good about it. I already watched the old anime and I kinda liked it.

By the way, am I the only one annoyed by japanese characters talking English ? Revy in Black Lagoon, Five in Terror... That sounds mad forced and actually hurts my ears. Had me :scust: listening to em.
I don't know about the other characters, but Revy is Chinese-American. She was born and raised in the states so it makes sense for her to speak English.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about the other characters, but Revy is Chinese-American. She was born and raised in the states so it makes sense for her to speak English.

I think he means that the English is usually spoken by a Japanese VA with a grating accent. Revy's English doesn't sound like she was born and raised in the US.

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Dillah810,

I think he means that the English is usually spoken by a Japanese VA with a grating accent. Revy's English doesn't sound like she was born and raised there.
That's what I meant yeah. Revy's accent is simply awful above all considering that she grew up in the US. I have no problem at all hearing some characters speaking English if they have to but the voiceovers should work on their accent when they dubbin characters who are supposed to be American somehow. Otherwise, it's painful to hear. And I'm French :lolbron:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
@Dillah810,

That's what I meant yeah. Revy's accent is simply awful above all considering that she grew up in the US. I have no problem at all hearing some characters speaking English if they have to but the voiceovers should work on their accent when they dubbin characters who are supposed to be American somehow. Otherwise, it's painful to hear. And I'm French :lolbron:

Makes me laugh when they do it sometimes.

:dead:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@Dillah810,

you didn't watch the english dub? :dahell:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Have any of yall peeped 10 Braves? Thats pretty dope if yall are into the feudal japan samurai jawns.

I need some new itish!!! I most recently been on the main ones yall mention: HxH, Aldonoah Zero, Zankyou No Terror, JoJo (my fav thus far), and Akame No Kill, but it seem like most ended or I caught up with. Need some new itish....... some of the ones yall mentioned, seem kinda wack to me:scust: but maybe I will give a shot:mjcry:
Maybe try Fate Unlimited Blade Works? The actual series and not the movie (moves the plot way too fast). The first ep is airing on Oct. 4. Also check out Fate Zero if you haven't already.

If you like Gundam or the fighting robot genre in general, Gundam G no Reconguista's first ep airs today I think. Probably already aired, just haven't watched it yet. Between that and Fate, those are probably the only 2 new shows I'll probably watch this season. :pacspit:Throwing Terra Formars in the bushes for now. People have also said good things about Psycho Pass, and its second season airs this fall too. Haven't peeped it yet myself. Will probably sometime in the future.

Speaking of Fate and engrish, one of my favs is probably Archer's chant from the Fate/Stay Night anime. The only good thing about the anime IMO...

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Trailer for the Fate Unlimited Blades Works anime series that was released earlier this year. Should be much better than the movie that came out a few years ago. It being a series means that the plot shouldn't be as rushed. Also animated by the same people that did Fate/Zero...

Series premiers this Saturday...