latest

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
New Year New Negs :mjgrin:

Favorite anime: Legend Of Galactic Heroes (ask me next week and I'll say something else)

Anime that grew on me: Fullmetal Panic

Most underrated anime: :patrice:Baccano or Crest of The Stars

Most popular series I haven’t seen: Durarara

Favorite OP: I can say a lot of shows had dope music but

Attack on Titan S1 brought that ENERGY :damn::banderas:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Favorite anime: ????, can't put one.
Anime that grew on me: Kimi no Todoke
Most underrated anime: Arslan Senki/Claymore
Most popular series I haven’t seen: Made in Abyss ( I'm good on that :hubie:)
Favorite OP: Between This one

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Favorite Anime - Cowboy Bebop. There are a few shows I think are better, but none that I enjoy thinking about more.

Anime that grew on me - Ping Pong The Animation, The Tatami Galaxy. Both are immediately off putting in ways. Is worth sticking with it.

Most Underrated Anime - Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Very funny. Tylor is one of the most entertaining MCs ever.

Most popular series I haven’t seen - Death Parade.

Best OP

:wow: Part 2 was great. Will never forget when I realized what the red bubble, Caesars headband was foreshadowing the entire time.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Favorite anime: Hunter x Hunter. Is always rotating on my rewatch list, doesn't lose any sort of luster and is an something I look forward to. You catch things on rewatches you might have missed, and you get appreciation for certain elements and characters. Actual devastating loss to manga/anime that this series will most likely never get its real conclusion.

Anime that grew on me: Black Clover. Even though the MC and his rival are so fukking cookie cutter, it makes Ichigo look unique in comparison, BC has somehow managed to assemble a cast of endearing characters who all actually develop in their own meaningful ways and become contributing members to the overall plot. Once the Midnight Sun plot got into gear, the show never went back and kept climbing up to that apex. I hate how they shortchanged Patri/Patolli and made him a tragic villain with the sudden inclusion of Zagred. Completely robbed a great villain of his much deserved juice by needlessly pulling an Aizen and being "I've always been pulling the strings, here is my super OP magic w/ my shytty character design." Zagred looked like a jobber, Patri was a boss when he was first introduced.

Most underrated anime: OG Mobile Suit Gundam (1979). My first foray into depressing anime. You're led in with the huge robots and crew of kids, but then you get introduced to what war really is and as these kids are dying and fighting for survival while being used as bait as the EFSF. Literally watching someone develop PTSD was jarring. If you haven't seen this, even if you're not a fan of mecha, watch for the character development. Then go watch Zeta too :ufdup:

Most popular series I haven’t seen: ReZero I guess? I tried watching it before, but I stopped after the 1st episode because while the premise was interesting, I felt like it couldn't carry a show. If brehs certify it's piff, I might give it another chance.

Favorite OP:

Literally my childhood. Naruto introduced me to anime, and even though where the journey ended up I'm not a big fan, I'll be lying if I said that looking forward to this on Toonami was a staple of my childhood.

Also this time period was probably peak Naruto imo.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
looking like they gonna change the ending or some stuff since creator is involved and adding anime original content I’m only on vol 17 but I hear ending wasn’t good so maybe that could be why anime original content is in

Eh the ending was meh due to change in writing & pace (seriously near the end it goes from race car to fighter jet) thats why people say that. Plus people wanted more of the side characters & things that got off screened to be fleshed out which they can do in the anime since the creator has been releasing all these new one shot chapters explaining background stuff that happened. (i.e sister krone extra backstory, isabelle side story etc).

I still feel if this had been a monthly manga the mangaka could have had more time for better ideas,storylines etc comparable to that GOAT Grace Field escape arc :banderas:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Favorite Anime - Fmab/ hxh toss up but I’ll know for sure once I’m done with hxh rewatch

Anime that grew on me - Black clover Couldn’t stand asta yelling lol but also felt like slow burn at first but once it kicked in shyt is glorious

Most Underrated Anime - rascal does not dream of bunny senpai. It’s damn near flawless mc ain’t a bytch a mature relationship good psychology thriller romance type series

Most popular series I haven't seen - Jojo and probably won’t I tried a few episodes just wasn’t feeling it

Best OP