42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I've ALWAYS thought this......Also the OS manga came out first.....Bebop is actually the 'knockoff' space cowboy anime
there's nothing knock off about Bebop's quality though :manny:

I love Outlaw Star but I couldn't put it on the same level as Bebop. Much like I wouldn't put Ashyta no Joe on the same level as Ippo.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I like your style and dont disagree:ehh:

You're gonna be a great acquisition after I get T-----s:whew:

I find a lot of shows falling in the 6 category and theres nothing wrong with that

Word, I feel you.

I find a lot of shyt I watch is in the 7-8 range, but every now and then you get some trash or average shyt that you gotta finish cuz it drew you in, but you don't really like it like that.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:yeshrug: 1-10 doesn't encapsulate the specifics behind a story and it's presentation for me, especially during this time period of anime. Does this story's execution match it's message? Would I watch this again? etc

yeah, but neither does saying something is Mid either. :manny:

actual breakdown reviews>>>>>number rankings>>>>>>>>>>mid

unless you know how that person defines mid, you won't really know where they stand. If a nikka suggest AOT and says its a 10. In my head I'll at least know shyt is as good as YuYu, Fist of the Northstar, etc....give or take.

Now imagine a nikka recommend AOT and says that shyt is mid. You aint as compelled to watch that shyt now.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Not saying it's perfect, but JJK shyts all over GoH imo

And not because of any shyt about the main characters bonding too fast, but mainly because the main protagonist of GoH is trash; lacks charm, lacks charisma, is the least interesting character on the show but gets all these unearned ass-pull wins... in battles where you're lowkey rooting for his opponent to win, because they have the backstory/motivation that's actually interesting.

The main protag in JJK is just more likeable, like the "Tanjiro" to GoW's "Midoriya" (not saying they're specifically alike, other than being meh); i'm not even looking ahead to Itadori's reunion with his classmates, i'm just digging his inner struggle with Sukuna and his interactions with just about everybody he comes across. A number of the characters got that Demon Slayer charm to them.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not saying it's perfect, but JJK shyts all over GoH imo

And not because of any shyt about the main characters bonding too fast, but mainly because the main protagonist of GoH is trash; lacks charm, lacks charisma, is the least interesting character on the show but gets all these unearned ass-pull wins... in battles where you're lowkey rooting for his opponent to win, because they have the backstory/motivation that's actually interesting.

The main protag in JJK is just more likeable, like the "Tanjiro" to GoW's "Midoriya" (not saying they're specifically alike, other than being meh); i'm not even looking ahead to Itadori's reunion with his classmates, i'm just digging his inner struggle with Sukuna and his interactions with just about everybody he comes across. A number of the characters got that Demon Slayer charm to them.

Gotcha......

I will say this..... the MC of GoH motivation is to get stronger & save his grandfather .... so I get that.

Also he’s basically a non alien Goku, Cuz all he wants to do is fight

JJK giving me Naruto/Bleach vibes with that “inner struggle with a demon” shyt:ehh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Gotcha......

I will say this..... the MC of GoH motivation is to get stronger & save his grandfather .... so I get that.

Also he’s basically a non alien Goku, Cuz all he wants to do is fight

JJK giving me Naruto/Bleach vibes with that “inner struggle with a demon” shyt:ehh:

It's like that saying of the devil is in the details. For example, Gon's motivation in HxH to find his father is fairly simple but, even if you set that aside, he's just a charismatic smart dumb muthafukka. He's a much better Goku than... arguably Goku, let alone the MC of GoH.

When Gon gets a win, you actually rootin for that smart dumb muthafukka and you feel that shyt was earned.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I had mixed feeling about this show.

On one hand I :salute: how it makes science cool and "easy" to understand over some pretty complex stuff. As a kid I would've been :ohhh: about it and loving every bit of it.

But I'm not a kid anymore and given the very compelling premise of the show, it gets very repetitive very quickly. There's not a lot there character wise either to make the "task of the week" format flow like one would want.

It's a fun show and I can see why it's popular, but it didn't grab me at all. Normally when I watch an anime's first season I either jump on the manga ASAP to catch up on what's going on or try my hardest to wait until a season 2. Can't say that happened with Dr. Stone :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It took RWBY so long but we finally back to that good shyt. It all went south and shyt hit the fan. This is gonna be glorious.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My anime opinions be different from most of ya'll nikkas here, but I be consistent and will always give my reasons.

Its dope, but more like 8 out of 10 dope, which is cool, but not good enough for some people who worship it as a masterpiece. I feel like the show only gives you its brilliance in spots and the novelty of the concept is spreads thin over 26 episodes. The best episodes usually involved the Syndicate or someone's past backstory. So I only got like a handful of real piff to enjoy which aint enough to call a masterpiece for the amount of episodes it had. Trim the series down to like 15 episodes or etc... and that shyt prolly goes up a notch for me. Show has little replay value compared to other shyt I think are real masterpieces. Like I would prolly only rewatch an episode or two, but never the whole thing like I know a lot of others do.

I honestly think the movie is better than the series.
I think a lot of the admiration for it based off nostalgia since it was prolly one of the first anime they experienced which is cool, but everybody gets in the game differently. :manny:

Never seen Bebop, but Samurai Champloo is fantastic

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Never seen Bebop, but Samurai Champloo is fantastic

Yeah Samurai Champloo was real dope, I might have to rewatch that again too since I haven't seen it since it came out. Bebop is dope too, but if you're someone that likes faster paced anime with less episodic stories and more of an overall main plot you might get bored with it, especially if you trying to binge it. Its perfect for random casual viewing tho.