Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Speaking of which, I really wonder how demon slayers sales will affect the manga/anime industry. What will be the takeaway from its success? Im sure the industry sees dollar signs behind that show and some studios will try to follow whatever they believe was the formula for its success.

If it were up to me it would be nothing
:childplease:
But I don't control the anime industry so what do brehs in here think will happen in terms of impact?

more faith in streaming & digital platforms, I bet. DS has been available on Hulu, Amazon, CR, Funimation, Netflix. Not held hostage on one service, TV broadcasts like a lot of other shows are. Easy for anyone to find and watch no matter where you are.

I doubt DS will change the pattern of adaptations as a whole, since it's been proven that you don't need production quality to be successful. Can cash in on an existing stanbase + anime only viewers who are new to the franchise. Often times this is enough for studios who don't have the resources of an Ufotable, or are juggling so many projects at once that quality has to be sacrificed somewhere.

I also doubt DS will have influence on genres outside of battle shounen. There are a ton of successful anime franchises that are intended for niche audiences who buy all the merchandise. Don't really have to appeal to the masses to be successful.

what we probably will see is more shounen projects being greenlit that production committees think can be the next Demon Slayer, That probably won't happen, but we as viewers benefit either way.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
*Western-like twang begins to play*

"A horrifying martial art style has been passed down for 2000 years... :damn: :lupe: ... it is known as Hokuto Shinken :wow: named after the sacred big dipper.

Tragedy has always followed those who inherit the style! :damn: "

Been rewatching Hokuto no Ken for the past week. :banderas:

This shyt still holds up, brehs :lawd:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
On the Ninth day of LISTMAS
my coli gave to MEEEEEEE;
Hunter x Hunter;
Demon Slayer;
Attack on Titans
;
Fire Force;
Gurren Lagan;
Dragonball Z;
Berserk
and GriffithSet,
Steins Gate on tv,
26 eps of Claymore,
Gantz
on Gogoanime,
and Code Geass on a Kissanime LIIIIINK!!!!!

9 more to go:mjgrin:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
*Western-like twang begins to play*

"A horrifying martial art style has been passed down for 2000 years... :damn: :lupe: ... it is known as Hokuto Shinken :wow: named after the sacred big dipper.

Tragedy has always followed those who inherit the style! :damn: "

Been rewatching Hokuto no Ken for the past week. :banderas:

This shyt still holds up, brehs :lawd:
Show is classic
:ohlawd:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Caught up on Akudama Drive in time for the final ep. Ended up loving the show. I see a lot of people disliking the turn of events midway but I will chalk that up to people sucking at expectation management.

Outside of the over-the-top cliché scifi fukkery in the 11th ep this played out great.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Akudama Drive was a fukking epic masterpiece from start to finish. Felt like a wild amusement park ride the whole time. I think it had like only one down time episode and it was still good. Tempted to redo my top 20.

Would definitely translate into a good live action film with the right director and budget.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
On the Ninth day of LISTMAS
my coli gave to MEEEEEEE;
Hunter x Hunter;
Demon Slayer;
Attack on Titans
;
Fire Force;
Gurren Lagan;
Dragonball Z;
Berserk
and GriffithSet,
Steins Gate on tv,
26 eps of Claymore,
Gantz
on Gogoanime,
and Code Geass on a Kissanime LIIIIINK!!!!!

9 more to go:mjgrin:

I'll admit if nobody else does,

your list turning out great so far.

edit: damn, will I ever take the time to check out Fire Force