It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Speaking of which, I really wonder how demon slayers sales will affect the manga/anime industry. What will be the takeaway from its success? Im sure the industry sees dollar signs behind that show and some studios will try to follow whatever they believe was the formula for its success.

If it were up to me it would be nothing
:childplease:
But I don't control the anime industry so what do brehs in here think will happen in terms of impact?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
On the EIGHT day of LISTMAS
my coli gave to MEEEEEEE;
Demon Slayer;
Attack on Titans
;
Fire Force;
Gurren Lagan;
Dragonball Z;
Berserk
and GriffithSet,
Steins Gate on tv,
26 eps of Claymore,
Gantz
on Gogoanime,
and Code Geass on a Kissanime LIIIIINK!!!!!

10 more to go:mjgrin:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Speaking of which, I really wonder how demon slayers sales will affect the manga/anime industry. What will be the takeaway from its success? Im sure the industry sees dollar signs behind that show and some studios will try to follow whatever they believe was the formula for its success.

But I don't control the anime industry so what do brehs in here think will happen in terms of impact?

There really ain't much to copy/emulate. :manny:

At its barebones, Demon Slayer is pretty much every shounen ever. The plot really ain't that deep, there isn't layers upon layers of characterization/lore to dig through. There is like..... 5 places of note in the series.

It's literally the writing. I've said it before, but Demon Slayer is mid at best in the hands of a majority of other authors. Everything that happens in the anime/manga is important in some way shape or form. There are no empty chapters, something is popping off or something is being set up to pop off. Side characters don't get thrown to the wayside, lore never contradicts itself or creates a fallacy. Nothing to really nitpick imo, it's just good.

However, I do hope more anime/manga go back to Japanese culture as the backdrop/setting. I need more Samurai piff

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

I think that studios will start to key in on successful production blueprints for 'safe' and easy to digest IPs more than anything. Knowing that success is a possibility is more than enough for a lot of projects to get investments that would've never existed before.

I still think that the models for distribution need a HUGE upgrade though.
There really ain't much to copy/emulate. :manny:

At its barebones, Demon Slayer is pretty much every shounen ever. The plot really ain't that deep, there isn't layers upon layers of characterization/lore to dig through. There is like..... 5 places of note in the series.

It's literally the writing. I've said it before, but Demon Slayer is mid at best in the hands of a majority of other authors. Everything that happens in the anime/manga is important in some way shape or form. There are no empty chapters, something is popping off or something is being set up to pop off. Side characters don't get thrown to the wayside, lore never contradicts itself or creates a fallacy. Nothing to really nitpick imo, it's just good.

However, I do hope more anime/manga go back to Japanese culture as the backdrop/setting. I need more Samurai piff
Yeah, Demon Slayer isn't complex by any means - but there's very little fat to what happens and most of what occurs is purposeful. If not in its immediate intent, then at the very least there's SOMETHING the reader/watcher can take away from whatever is cooking up. Far too many shows stretch shyt out to the point where you can't even enjoy the payoff, grow tired of waiting, or see your expectations shyt on in a way.

DS keeps shyt rolling. Whether you're satisfied or not, you're gonna get to it or get through it on schedule.

And surprisingly enough.... the last arc is some of the best shyt I've seen in Shonen :mjlol: I wasn't even all that sold on DS but goddamn. That last arc was crazy.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

:yeshrug:There's nothing to replicate. It's stuff that's already been done by other people but better production but lesser in the story department imo. As far as impact who knows?