Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Caught up with Noblese. It fits right in alongside Irregular Magic and Misfit of Demon King level of entertainment. Nothing too serious but entertaining.

The Noblesse Manga and Irregular Magic Light Novel are no joke like 1000x times better than the anime adaptations

Irregular Magic anime is dumbed down so much its ridiculous

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Niccas do 2 things that be fukking up the critique game.

1- Don’t be properly diagnosing whats real mid and then on the opposite side of that “good & trash”

2- Don’t really even know what MID is

91 Days, Noblesse, Black Butler, No Guns Life are MID in their purest form

I like Durrurara or whatever it was called and even I can accept it was MID

Petite Clover is way better than all them shows and even a few more examples o left off

Nah on what you called mid. The problem with critique (not so much here) is that's the stuff is put into a binary. If fit's not greatest piece of material,then it's bad. If you called something mid somewhere else, they assume that you saying the show is bad. That and recency bias with newest of stuff.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i gave up on akudama like 4 eps in, weeks ago... but based on what yall were sayin about the tonal shift, i went back to see for myself...

...:ehh:

In a way, i'm more invested in the characters now that they're going a sorta "juni taisen" route with them

Ep 6 was the turning point. Much more enjoyable now

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Fish Man Arc was worse than I remember. :francis:
Worst arc outside of lougetown imo.

Fights were curbstomps, villain was a more dikkish Arlong, sanji was terrible.

The pros, the backstory...was actually a pretty good allegory to racism and slavery. The setting was gorgeous and imaginative. Lots of important setups for future plot events.

Its where I stalled out on my reread tho:yeshrug:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Worst arc outside of lougetown imo.

Fights were curbstomps, villain was a more dikkish Arlong, sanji was terrible.

The pros, the backstory...was actually a pretty good allegory to racism and slavery. The setting was gorgeous and imaginative. Lots of important setups for future plot events.

Its where I stalled out on my reread tho:yeshrug:

The deeper dive into the allegory was the only redeemable feature, I'll give you that. Everything else? :francis:

one piece is trash? :ohhh:

I didn't say that. :hubie:

Completely unrelated but weren't we just discussing the difference between piff, trash, & mid? :mjgrin:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, Fish-Man arc is probably the weakest One Piece arc. Bad guys were a complete afterthought and did a real disservice showcasing what's next for the series following the time skip. It does introduce some important backstory and lore but it also is the start of the anime hitting the breaking point on its pacing. Fish-Man Island all the way to the end of Dressrosa has the worst pacing in the series. That part of the series is not kind on anime only audiences.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Otohimie was fishman mlk
Fisher Tiger was fishman Malcom

Both got murked :wow: Oda

Alright enough king shyt. Look! they calling Bakugo "Dynamite" now! :blessed: will the new bleach series unveil a hollow bankai ichigo form for his espada bankai hollow?