MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Wait why we got unstickied?:dwillhuh:

Anyways anybody been keeping up with fire force. Caught up with the manga a few a week ago and started a new season.

They really upgraded the animation this season even tho the first season had dope animation. This season started on a hunnid:whoo:

Fire Force got that approval money for a bigger budget, as evidence by Ogun's shyt two weeks ago. Though shyt got ultra dark last week with Shinra understand what his fate could be.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Fruits Basket is pretty solid. It’s been so long since I watched the old version I don’t remember it will but this version is worth the watch. Most Shojo shows and especially reverse harems aren’t my favorites but I can dig this.

Fruits Basket is one series that explores real trauma from Suicide, to EXTREME Family Gaslighting. Its something you need to be old enough to understand, but when you do, you just feel anger at those who are doing this shyt, because they themselves were traumatized.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:heh: it was just.... end of the previous ep:

Chrollo: :sas1: hey, guys. Hundreds of the most powerful gangsters in the world are gonna be there. Just kill them all and take all the stuff being auctioned.

Uvogin: :dwillhuh: wait... that's gonna make us the enemy of the entire criminal underworld! You want us to just.... kill them all?

Chrollo: :sas2: yeah. You scared?

Uvogin: :gladbron: Hell nawl! Lets murder they asses!

Now, any other anime would've had them spend 3-5 episodes planning and plotting, infiltrating, maybe bumping heads with the heroes and possible being thwarted, with them maybe stealing some secret treasure that was needed tp advance the bad guys' plan.

:francis: Noap. Auction started at the very beginning of the next ep, 100+ gangsters walked in, bad guys walked out on stage and wiped them out.

:damn: for starters. I wasn't ready for Shizuku with the vacuum. Totally unprepared. Then they killed two new cast members right off the bat.

That flat out obliteration of shounen tropes was just..... jarring. :picard:
ep 43:

giphy.gif

nooooo-gif.644

yeah I'll be back tomorrow
Phantom Troupe + Kurapikas transformation into the illest nikka in nebraska :banderas: the story never stops getting crazier either

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Kuzu no Honkai.

I thought it was a great show. Very different from the usual lazy format in anime romance.
Domestic na Kanojo was good too but both of those shows aren't harem comedies. Both are love triangle dramas.

The issue with harem comedies is most of the time the conflict of this show is constructed around the status quo continuing indefinitely and after a while that gets stale. Nobody makes a decision because once that happens it's over.

Every now and then you get a show like Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (which isn't a good series) or Ai Yori Aoshi that's constructed around the lead character making a definite choice early on. Or you get a Love Hina where the winner is very clear early on but it still manages to be entertaining throughout.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fruits Basket is one series that explores real trauma from Suicide, to EXTREME Family Gaslighting. Its something you need to be old enough to understand, but when you do, you just feel anger at those who are doing this shyt, because they themselves were traumatized.
This show reminds me of Little Busters. It has a core plot that seems pretty short so it's padded with slice of life stuff to fill it out. The whole first season has barely gotten into the family curse and how it will be handled. The conflict at the end of season 1 wasn't fully explained either.

Little Busters did that too. It had a plot that could have been done in 12-15 or so episodes and took more than double that to get to it.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Domestic na Kanojo was good too but both of those shows aren't harem comedies. Both are love triangle dramas.

The issue with harem comedies is most of the time the conflict of this show is constructed around the status quo continuing indefinitely and after a while that gets stale. Nobody makes a decision because once that happens it's over.

Every now and then you get a show like Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (which isn't a good series) or Ai Yori Aoshi that's constructed around the lead character making a definite choice early on. Or you get a Love Hina where the winner is very clear early on but it still manages to be entertaining throughout.

Or a Shuffle where the choice is out of left field and there's progression through that relationship. There are some that stray away from the formula but you're right, most are problematic b/c of that endless loop of misunderstandings, half-confessions, ill-timed interruptions, whatever else to postpone the conclusion that sometimes doesn't even result in a choice being made. The characters tend to be archetypes more so than individuals with enough depth to make them feel convincing.

My biggest problem with the genre is that it's intended to be wish fulfillment, but the MC's act in ways that aren't believable at all. Soft dropped RAG at episode 2 because of that.

I think more harems should go the Amagami SS route where each option is given a dedicated arc that ends conclusively. Or, Clannad that has a OVA for characters other than Nagisa. Makes perfect sense for VN adaptations where that is the case anyway.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man I tell you.... of all the anime shows that are out there.

Fire Force is by far the COOLEST in terms of how they present theirs and execute this shyt on the weekly. From the sound effects to the quick cuts to the style of a lot of the shots. This shyt is a damn masterpiece. This last ep about 15 minutes in when they showed the sillouette of the 8 Adollo linked cats.... that shyt was beautiful:wow:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Or a Shuffle where the choice is out of left field and there's progression through that relationship. There are some that stray away from the formula but you're right, most are problematic b/c of that endless loop of misunderstandings, half-confessions, ill-timed interruptions, whatever else to postpone the conclusion that sometimes doesn't even result in a choice being made. The characters tend to be archetypes more so than individuals with enough depth to make them feel convincing.

My biggest problem with the genre is that it's intended to be wish fulfillment, but the MC's act in ways that aren't believable at all. Soft dropped RAG at episode 2 because of that.

I think more harems should go the Amagami SS route where each option is given a dedicated arc that ends conclusively. Or, Clannad that has a OVA for characters other than Nagisa. Makes perfect sense for VN adaptations where that is the case anyway.

shuffle was hella out of nowhere who got picked
Amagami was and is a nice route to go
Or
Rumbling hearts have a ova for the other character

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
shuffle was hella out of nowhere who got picked
Amagami was and is a nice route to go
Or
Rumbling hearts have a ova for the other character

Still haven't seen that Rumbling Hearts OVA, mainly b/c I agreed with the result of the show anyway (unlike Clannad), but just having that option there is great since it could've gone either way and viewers have different opinions.

Shuffle is legendary for that choice if nothing else. Never seen a harem go against the grain like that and take itself seriously.