LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I missed that discussion then..... I just happened to be browsing through the Netflix animes and saw it with the NEW EPISODES tag

They fukked up the anime, so it's probably not going to be for you breh. The original series diverged from the source material at the end of the fight with Amaimon and spent like 10 episodes on some What If mashup shyt.

Then the Kyoto Saga series picks back up where the manga left off, completely ignoring the latter half of S1. To put it in a way you're familiar with, part of S1 isn't canon. The entire Kyoto Saga is legitimate, once you adjust to the disjointed nature of the clusterfukk they created.

As I told @twan83 it's a series that's better read than watched currently. If they can properly adapt what follows the Kyoto Saga, then it'll be worthwhile.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
We gotta stop hurting each other breh. You hurt me, I hurt you, but thought we made up.:mjcry:

This unpin shyt aint on me...... also I'm sure it will be back

giphy.gif

you need to stop being a damn heathen and find your way back to the right side. The reading side where breh's experience the joy of knowing the full story.

:blessed:

On another note 10 min into rent a girlfriend and this is some textbook incel shyt. :mjlol:

Oh she played me :leostare: let me buy her again for a whole day so I can say why sh's a bytch :skip::mjlol:

It's like simps paying for onlyfans thinking they have a chance not knowing they are pay pigs

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
God of High School 1.10

:mjlol:I have no fukking idea what this show is about, honestly. It's fukking weird as hell as you got these people coming out of the bushes with mystical tai chi, along with some dude with a drumline as he got fukking demons attacking Exor the fukking sword from Mario RPG.

Then you have this Park Il-Pyo getting fukked up, have a -1 HP, and pulling a Kurama.

You just have to feel sorry for all of the regular martial artists who had no idea about this fukkery they entered.

:unimpressed: "You didn't tell me about smoke demons, kitsunes and fighters with stands being involved with this shyt. I thought this was about Tae-Kwan-Do and Mixed Martial Arts."

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
The protagonist of Tower of God is terrible. Hopefully some other character makes up for him.
bam was fairly one note in the webtoon too but he did have agency and some personality. all of that is sucked away by the episode count which forced them to choose who was gonna get proper development/focus (obviously khun and rachel)

they cut out his self reflection and thoughts and give him a whole bunch of --insert character name here-- lines. parts of endorsi's development are cut off or glossed over because her development was tied to bam.

it seems like god of highschool is receiving the same type of adaptation it's just nowhere near as bad because it's a battle focused series. Tower of god season 1 is supposed to engage you with the worldbuilding and power system. in my opinion having read the webtoon it barely gets a passing grade

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yeah breh, it's starting to turn. :francis:
Yeah these dudes are 100% about that shyt, breh breh :mjlol:

:heh: it was just.... end of the previous ep:

Chrollo: :sas1: hey, guys. Hundreds of the most powerful gangsters in the world are gonna be there. Just kill them all and take all the stuff being auctioned.

Uvogin: :dwillhuh: wait... that's gonna make us the enemy of the entire criminal underworld! You want us to just.... kill them all?

Chrollo: :sas2: yeah. You scared?

Uvogin: :gladbron: Hell nawl! Lets murder they asses!

Now, any other anime would've had them spend 3-5 episodes planning and plotting, infiltrating, maybe bumping heads with the heroes and possible being thwarted, with them maybe stealing some secret treasure that was needed tp advance the bad guys' plan.

:francis: Noap. Auction started at the very beginning of the next ep, 100+ gangsters walked in, bad guys walked out on stage and wiped them out.

:damn: for starters. I wasn't ready for Shizuku with the vacuum. Totally unprepared. Then they killed two new cast members right off the bat.

That flat out obliteration of shounen tropes was just..... jarring. :picard:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
God of High School 1.10

:mjlol:I have no fukking idea what this show is about, honestly. It's fukking weird as hell as you got these people coming out of the bushes with mystical tai chi, along with some dude with a drumline as he got fukking demons attacking Exor the fukking sword from Mario RPG.

Then you have this Park Il-Pyo getting fukked up, have a -1 HP, and pulling a Kurama.

You just have to feel sorry for all of the regular martial artists who had no idea about this fukkery they entered.

:unimpressed: "You didn't tell me about smoke demons, kitsunes and fighters with stands being involved with this shyt. I thought this was about Tae-Kwan-Do and Mixed Martial Arts."

welp jin gonna have to summon whatever the hell his chake shyt is called cuz he bout to get fukked up cuz his kakashi shyt ain’t won like he thought it could
Episode was dope tho with fight scenes

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
welp jin gonna have to summon whatever the hell his chake shyt is called cuz he bout to get fukked up cuz his kakashi shyt ain’t won like he thought it could
Episode was dope tho with fight scenes

Probably the best fight, in the tournament-wise. I have a feeling these guys will be like friends though in a way just from the cutscenes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fruits Basket is pretty solid. It’s been so long since I watched the old version I don’t remember it will but this version is worth the watch. Most Shojo shows and especially reverse harems aren’t my favorites but I can dig this.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:heh: it was just.... end of the previous ep:

Chrollo: :sas1: hey, guys. Hundreds of the most powerful gangsters in the world are gonna be there. Just kill them all and take all the stuff being auctioned.

Uvogin: :dwillhuh: wait... that's gonna make us the enemy of the entire criminal underworld! You want us to just.... kill them all?

Chrollo: :sas2: yeah. You scared?

Uvogin: :gladbron: Hell nawl! Lets murder they asses!

Now, any other anime would've had them spend 3-5 episodes planning and plotting, infiltrating, maybe bumping heads with the heroes and possible being thwarted, with them maybe stealing some secret treasure that was needed tp advance the bad guys' plan.

:francis: Noap. Auction started at the very beginning of the next ep, 100+ gangsters walked in, bad guys walked out on stage and wiped them out.

:damn: for starters. I wasn't ready for Shizuku with the vacuum. Totally unprepared. Then they killed two new cast members right off the bat.

That flat out obliteration of shounen tropes was just..... jarring. :picard:

You call that obliteration? :mjlol:

Just keep watching breh. :pachaha: