Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One Piece fights get way better after they hit the Grand Line and the crew starts getting new moves and techniques. At this point I think the crew members that are there already are not even close to having 5% of the moves they have later on.

Hell, just thinking back Luffy's biggest moves at that point are probably Gomu Gomu No Gatling and Gomu Gomu No Bazooka. :dead:
Thats the thing

People in the west rode for Naruto because it copied DBZ fight aesthetics off the bat with constantly visible auras, and fast fight choreography. By the chounin exam they had already got their DBZ surrogate in Rock Lee and people were sold. Ironically, all the "good fight" characters get shafted for magic eye nikkas the further the story goes.

One Piece took the scenic route, slower goofy street level fights that progessively scaled to the levels of fast fighting and comic book feats over the course of 2 decades. Haki wasn't introduced until 10+ years in.

Early one piece fights were just about grit and heart. Luffy vs crocodile was classic because of the L's Luffy took to him prior.

Naruto ended quicker so the characters peaked quicker power wise. Current day one piece now has the all the fast fighting and displays of power they grade off of

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Thats the thing

People in the west rode for Naruto because it copied DBZ fight aesthetics off the bat with constantly visible auras, and fast fight choreography. By the chounin exam they had already got their DBZ surrogate in Rock Lee and people were sold. Ironically, all the "good fight" characters get shafted for magic eye nikkas the further the story goes.

One Piece took the scenic route, slower goofy street level fights that progessively scaled to the levels of fast fighting and comic book feats over the course of 2 decades. Haki wasn't introduced until 10+ years in.

Early one piece fights were just about grit and heart. Luffy vs crocodile was classic because of the L's Luffy took to him prior.

Naruto ended quicker so the characters peaked quicker power wise. Current day one piece now has the all the fast fighting and displays of power they grade off of

The problem with this philosophy is that no one wants to watch a show for 10-15 years with no signs of ending.

Most of the nikkas that I grew up with and talked about the show with are probably dead already. :mjcry:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Anos is solidified himself in elite territory:banderas:

he killed her reborn her put a curse on her so she can’t die at all and is a breed she can’t stand :damn:

telling my son be like años or aizen pick one damnit

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with this philosophy is that no one wants to watch a show for 10-15 years with no signs of ending.

Most of the nikkas that I grew up with and talked about the show with are probably dead already. :mjcry:
If thats your thing, go crazy. To me, thats a stupid reason to dislike anything. Especially since most of us grew up on endlessly syndicated television.

Who was going "man when is this shyt gonna end?" when we were getting our newest Batman rehash, more spiderman, the bazillionth law & order episode etc? Most shows are forced to rush to a close by production issues, if they get a chance to have an "ending" at all. OP is telling a complete story for however long and maintaining a high quality for decades. :manny: I can only see admirable things in that

I honestly cant perceive DISliking something I already like because there is too much content. :heh: like what? When I initally binged OP I dreaded the day I caught up and had to wait week to week for a chapter with everyone else. :yeshrug: I really cant relate. Yall bleach and naruto fans been starving for years. Its not enviable at all

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If thats your thing, go crazy. To me, thats a stupid reason to dislike anything. Especially since most of us grew up on endlessly syndicated television.

Who was going "man when is this shyt gonna end?" when we were getting our newest Batman rehash, more spiderman, the bazillionth law & order episode etc? Most shows are forced to rush to a close by production issues, if they get a chance to have an "ending" at all. OP is telling a complete story for however long and maintaining a high quality for decades. :manny: I can only see admirable things in that

I honestly cant perceive DISliking something I already like because there is too much content. :heh: like what? When I initally binged OP I dreaded the day I caught up and had to wait week to week for a chapter with everyone else. :yeshrug: I really cant relate
If it maintains quality and isn't out here winging it, then fukk it - keep it going :manny:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I remember either in here or another thread some folks was trynna shyt on Naruto for not knowing a lot of Jitsus.

But it’s like, most of the cats only there only know like one Jitsu so what the fukk they even talking about?:mindblown:

Ol boy with the Ino, Shida, and the fat dude..... literally the one thing they do is the ONLY thing they can do

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I remember either in here or another thread some folks was trynna shyt on Naruto for not knowing a lot of Jitsus.

But it’s like, most of the cats only there only know like one Jitsu so what the fukk they even talking about?:mindblown:

Ol boy with the Ino, Shida, and the fat dude..... literally the one thing they do is the ONLY thing they can do
Plus Naruto doesn't need a large variety of jutsu. Like Jiraya told him, with the infinite quantities of Chakra he has, he should go go for sheer power instead of trying stuff he's not gifted for.

I'm more mad @Sakura never learning genjutsu.