Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Yeah, Goku and Trunks sat down first and said lets have an honest fair one to assess each other's abilities prior. Trunks distracted Freiza then snuck him in the air. This is exactly the shyt I'm talking about :unimpressed:

These DB characters would get slumped before finishing their typical power up or straight up blindsided.... Their bodies are all fragile when its not large blasts or blunt force. Why they keep ending up with holes in their chests no matter the era.
You have a point but it makes me think they have to be concentrating to make themselves impervious to piercing or cutting attacks. Those attacks only seem to work when they're caught by surprise

As forgetful and inconsistent as toriyama is he has been relatively consistent on this. In that vegeta-recoome fight recoome tanked a full powered blast and then got vaporized when he was knocked out

images

images

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Name names nikka. :gucci:

Hey my brother no need to call me that name, that's what the white man wants us to do :francis:

Idk specifically but I'm watching Appare Ranman and it has a black dude in it and it made me realize I've been seeing it a lot

400847.jpg

then you got a couple from Fire Force

ogun.jpg

breh from Tower of God, they had some more in the background too

414601.jpg

and they had a fake Prince in listeners

denka-listeners-182455.jpg

Carole & Tuesday was full of em too

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Hey my brother no need to call me that name, that's what the white man wants us to do :francis:

Idk specifically but I'm watching Appare Ranman and it has a black dude in it and it made me realize I've been seeing it a lot

400847.jpg

then you got a couple from Fire Force

ogun.jpg

breh from Tower of God, they had some more in the background too

414601.jpg

and they had a fake Prince in listeners

denka-listeners-182455.jpg

Carole & Tuesday was full of em too

Carole & Tuesday did stand out

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
@obarth time to commit a decade to watch One Piece, breh. :mjlit:

Don't listen to any fool talking down on it while simultaneously talking positive about legendary fall-offs like Bleach.
I'll be honest, your constant praise of One Piece is one of the only reasons I'm going to commit that decade into it. Sight unseen, I figure it has to warrant its place in the big 3.
But 900+ episodes?:gucci:You guys help me if I'm forgetting an example, but is there any show that has lasted that long without either falling off or having wild fluctuations in quality? I know your biggest endorsement of the show is its world building, so that's a draw, but I think you can understand the intimidation and trepidation one feels at the idea of pressing play on episode one of 9 hunna+:damn:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'll be honest, your constant praise of One Piece is one of the only reasons I'm going to commit that decade into it. Sight unseen, I figure it has to warrant its place in the big 3.
But 900+ episodes?:gucci:You guys help me if I'm forgetting an example, but is there any show that has lasted that long without either falling off or having wild fluctuations in quality? I know your biggest endorsement of the show is its world building, so that's a draw, but I think you can understand the intimidation and trepidation one feels at the idea of pressing play on episode one of 9 hunna+:damn:
Like all long-running series it goes through its up & downs. The downs mostly being the result of the anime's pacing in the second half after it started to catch up to the manga and Toei's general ineptness.

But yes, as I've often mention the world building is next level. It's one of the reasons why it is still going so strong and doesn't feel like the series has run its course, even as the manga is moving the pieces closer and closer to the end game.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
cci-20190802-202220.png

The second Masaaki Yuasa film I have been able to see in theaters. :banderas:

Although story wise it is only decent this is the kind of anime fully uplifted by Masaaki's genius. The animation is just incredible with so many perfect little details. At time it almost feels like Masaaki is bragging, like he's actively telling every anime director out there 'See, this is how you animate movement!' :umad:

Seeing him still become stronger in his craft while simultaneously reaching a level of mainstream acclaim that allows him bigger budgets to work with gives us a bright future, brehs.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
One Piece is one of those anime series that you'll be cool watching it up to a point but once you reach the time skip it might be better to just switch to the manga. I heard they butchered the anime in a compromise to adjust the pacing.

Also at least to me One Piece is trash until Sanji joins. Arlong Park is when it starts to get good.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
One Piece is one of those anime series that you'll be cool watching it up to a point but once you reach the time skip it might be better to just switch to the manga. I heard they butchered the anime in a compromise to adjust the pacing.

Also at least to me One Piece is trash until Sanji joins. Arlong Park is when it starts to get good.

thats what happened to me I ended up doing the manga since the pacing seemed off and never looked back
I’ll just catch highlights or certain episodes to watch depending on where it’s at in the manga part for anime