TECUc75.png

WBG0oBj.jpg

T7K9Hyl.png

wNQEYcC.png

KWWwEQq.png

8CcGLMC.png

waP3mmF.png

WRHWD91.png

done rewatching eva. other than the budget crashing/Anno losing motivation towards the end, my biggest problem was the amount of attention Shinji received relative to Misato, Asuka or even Ritsuko who were no less important to the story and had more interesting perspectives. but, I do get why Shinji had to be the focus since Eva is trying to shyt on otaku culture as much as possible. "Hate that this kid is socially inept and sexually frustrated? You should hate that about yourself, too" Is what I imagine Anno trying to convey to the viewer seeking escapism. More so directed towards a Japanese audience.

I still understand why people don't like Eva. But, I think even they would have fun explaining why they dislike it whether it be from a gut feeling or through applying critical theory. Just about any literary approach can be explored through Eva and it's why it has produced so much discussion over the years. Not to say that it's "deeper" than everything else, but it invites the most interpretation and inspired takes than anything else.

Will watch it again in a year. Along with Champloo.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
  1. Koi Kaze
    ... if you can get over the subject mater... it's actually not a bad story :manny:. 90% of y'all ain't ready for this yet though :whoa:. Don't say I didn't warn you.

koi kaze was better than it had any business of being for sure.

even if you don't get over the subject matter, it handles it in a way that no other anime does.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
sometimes you just wanna see folks get beat up in stylish ways.

and if that's what you want, GoH bout to deliver in spades.

I haven’t watched any anime in a while, this shyt good?

I’m trying to see some good fights:manny:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
yIZasAZ.jpg

WiHWBUt.png

bTYUDLW.png

pW3GcEw.jpg

xbmVB9Z.png

6ir50Wz.png

xNkh16Q.png

MOeCDCO.png

r1t7y82.png

VIGGwLA.png

J6tTVdn.png

ix5qlwm.jpg

TECUc75.png

WBG0oBj.jpg

T7K9Hyl.png

wNQEYcC.png

KWWwEQq.png

8CcGLMC.png

waP3mmF.png

WRHWD91.png

done rewatching eva. other than the budget crashing/Anno losing motivation towards the end, my biggest problem was the amount of attention Shinji received relative to Misato, Asuka or even Ritsuko who were no less important to the story and had more interesting perspectives. but, I do get why Shinji had to be the focus since Eva is trying to shyt on otaku culture as much as possible. "Hate that this kid is socially inept and sexually frustrated? You should hate that about yourself, too" Is what I imagine Anno trying to convey to the viewer seeking escapism. More so directed towards a Japanese audience.

I still understand why people don't like Eva. But, I think even they would have fun explaining why they dislike it whether it be from a gut feeling or through applying critical theory. Just about any literary approach can be explored through Eva and it's why it has produced so much discussion over the years. Not to say that it's "deeper" than everything else, but it invites the most interpretation and inspired takes than anything else.

Will watch it again in a year. Along with Champloo.
Most polarizing anime ever, but if you are on the side of liking you REALLY LOVE IT. Im clearly on that side even though I can understand people criticisms towards the show, I do wish the other characters had more attention as well as their backstories were more interesting & vital characters. I think the beauty of the show & why I consider it the GOAT is just how many different interpretations can be made by the same 26 episodes & movies, endless

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I think isekai is the weakest anime genre with Konosuba and no game no life as rare exceptions :yeshrug: . re zero i watch for the fukkery but I wouldn't rate it highly.

I get where Subaru is coming from with the whole Emillia/Rem thing. Put yourself in his shoes. Just because someone does the most with an extreme confession, if you aren't feeling her should you be forced to change gears? Maybe he's not attracted to her or salty over her KILLING him before :skip:.

Subaru's issue is his over the top simping for Emillia imo; not anything to do to Rem. He's so devoted to going full retard that he doesn't listen to anyone (including emillia) or attempt to understand her. We hardly even see Emillia's perspective or backstory in the first season.

that's because you nikkas don't read novels or manga. the amount of isekai PIFF is insane :wow:

these are some isekais that are officially translated

JLEaD4F.png

nN6X4Gw.png

RBFgZe1.png

F1uvAob.png

jmLxTzs.png

Vm2q6cZ.png

ko0qSr0.png

XWFZ6Fk.png

s4SGC5Q.png

7HhQwF4.png

IWeaJKO.png

oaN9rXx.png

JYdw0ST.png

ZsK9jjQ.png

uYYsBtX.png

4IJ9Qbv.png

2LLtkHV.png

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
that's because you nikkas don't read novels or manga. the amount of isekai PIFF is insane :wow:

these are some isekais that are officially translated

JLEaD4F.png

nN6X4Gw.png

RBFgZe1.png

F1uvAob.png

jmLxTzs.png

Vm2q6cZ.png

ko0qSr0.png

XWFZ6Fk.png

s4SGC5Q.png

7HhQwF4.png

IWeaJKO.png

oaN9rXx.png

JYdw0ST.png

ZsK9jjQ.png

uYYsBtX.png

4IJ9Qbv.png

2LLtkHV.png

Magic in another world is really good
Mushoku tensei is really detailed but also really good
How a realist is different change of pace but solid
Demon lord reborn I’ve only read 1 vol so i can’t co-sign but say it’s okay for now
That greatest magic master I dropped I couldn’t get into

but ur right so much piff too read :blessed:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Eva is in my top 20 not because I think it's a top 20 anime, but because its the most important anime I've watched. It has at some level inspired more of the anime that i watch & enjoy than any other anime I've seen easily. I doubt any of the mangakas or anime directors for shows i like would denounce Eva.

I did enjoy eva but i thought end of evangelion was too weird. I like the concept behind rebuild of evangelion (self aware remake) but i'd enjoy it even more if i haven't been waiting forever for 3.0+1.0 :sadcam: this is like jay electronicas album the anime version

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@Black_Panther_JS

rezero vol 10 Just finished it now headed to Vol 11 and I read it’s 6 books for the arc meaning American release still won’t be done by the time part 2 of season 2 comes on :snoop: i dont like reading fan translation for novels guess I’ll just read as much is released then watch part 2 when it’s done since I plan on binging the series starting with part 1 once it’s done

. that fake reality with his parents tho and the end of book wtf she come from and these witches got me thinking they ain’t as bad as they say they are maybe misunderstood

:mjcry: :to: