Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Can't forget GATE :mjlol:

How is Overlord by the way? Sometimes I just want to watch some chill throwback fun shyt...

When I watched it I thought it was really good but the premise is more generic than the others I mentioned so it's probably my least favorite Isekai out of those. It's been a while since I watched it tho so I don't remember much of what happened

I got it as an 8 on my list

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'd give it an 8. Good plot progression and world building. The right amount of fukkery.

And if there's any anime I enjoyed and :russ: watching the MC die it was Gate. Watch your mouth. :ufdup:
Gate was such pure, blatant, fukkery from concentrate that I can't even trip.

I may give Overlord a run just to relax tbh. Between Korean dramas and all these waytooserious RPGs, I could use the mental vacation

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'd give it an 8. Good plot progression and world building. The right amount of fukkery.

And if there's any anime I enjoyed and :russ: watching the MC die it was Gate. Watch your mouth. :ufdup:

We talking bout same Gate cuz mc didn’t die in that

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
@Bryan Danielson you on the clock
giphy.gif

I had to make some tough decisions. When I rate things, they start at 5 and most things range from 4-6. Few things on this list I had 7 or above. Some lower stuff made it into the top 20 just because how it made me feel.
  1. Gosick
    :mjcry: Never got so invested in a story before in my life. Been scared to watch it again because I know it won't restore the feeling.
  2. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
    You get to learn more about the team:banderas:. Poker Face( Watch Ghost in the Shell Episodes and Clips for Free from Adult Swim ) just all around excellence.
  3. Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works]

0:40 to the end was the smoothest shyt I done seen in my life :wow:. Not to mention the Archer/Lancer clashes :wow:. Animation stay shytting on stuff. Apocrypha has the better soundtrack, though.
  4. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
    Eraser ( Watch Ghost in the Shell Episodes and Clips for Free from Adult Swim ) 18:01 to 21:15. shyt, 19:37 to 21:15. fukk, 20:30 to 21:15:banderas:. My god was that woman fired up. She was going to end that dude's life if she ain't run out. Iconic :wow: .
  5. Youjou Senki
    I love military conquest shyt (hence no. 6). Tanya making it look effortless :wow:. Had a lot of fun watching and rewatching this one.
  6. Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
    Like I said, military conquest is where it's at :yeshrug:. I only wish they kept on going for another season. Didn't care for Torway or that fat guy. It's scored well:

7. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Kai
    giphy.gif

8. Eden of the East
    I probably like it because the English dub is pretty good. Liked the Seleção concept a lot. If you're going to watch, series first, then movies.
  9. Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
  10. Mirai Nikki
    Gasai Yuuno :yeshrug:
  11. Another
    BarrenNervousFattaileddunnart-size_restricted.gif

Best believe I'm making a negged gif out of this for @Bryan Danielson trying to weasel his way out of this :russ:
  12. 91 Days
    All around goodness :yeshrug:. Planning on watching it again before the summer is out.
  13. Beatless
    I like a dumb romance and this was kinda that. I would even consider swapping this entry out for Plastic Memories.
  14. Shinsekai Yori
    First few episodes I had no clue what was going on, but the last 6 or so had me stressed the fukk out, it was so tense :pachaha:
  15. Re: Creators
    Can't explan it, just had a lot of fun with this one.
  16. Akagami no Shirayukihime
    My favorite paint by numbers romance. Simple, predictable, but you can't hate on it :yeshrug:. Also scored very well

The musical ideas from this (the first song you hear) are sprinkled throughout. It's like 3-5 variations on this, eventually culminating with the most important one:

17. Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Season 1
    I ain't got to explain myself :birdman:
  18. Sword Art Online
    I said I ain't got to explain myself. I ain't gon say it no mo
    T94GqcT.png
  19. Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom
    Episode 15, Reunion ( Watch Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 15 English Subbedat Gogoanime ) 20:33 to the end :banderas:
  20. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
    KAv2ObQ.gif
  21. Bounen no Xamdou
    If the narrative quality didn't dip around episode 15 or 16 this would have been higher. Animation is clean.

shyt made me want to start playing guitar again.
  22. Koi Kaze
    ... if you can get over the subject mater... it's actually not a bad story :manny:. 90% of y'all ain't ready for this yet though :whoa:. Don't say I didn't warn you.
  23. Tenchi Muyo
  24. The Big O Season 1
    Objectively terrible, but nostalgia and shyt. Plot holes galore.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

I had to make some tough decisions. When I rate things, they start at 5 and most things range from 4-6. Few things on this list I had 7 or above. Some lower stuff made it into the top 20 just because how it made me feel.
  1. Gosick
    :mjcry: Never got so invested in a story before in my life. Been scared to watch it again because I know it won't restore the feeling.
    You get to learn more about the team:banderas:. Poker Face( Watch Ghost in the Shell Episodes and Clips for Free from Adult Swim ) just all around excellence.

0:40 to the end was the smoothest shyt I done seen in my life :wow:. Not to mention the Archer/Lancer clashes :wow:. Animation stay shytting on stuff. Apocrypha has the better soundtrack, though.
    Eraser ( Watch Ghost in the Shell Episodes and Clips for Free from Adult Swim ) 18:01 to 21:15. shyt, 19:37 to 21:15. fukk, 20:30 to 21:15:banderas:. My god was that woman fired up. She was going to end that dude's life if she ain't run out. Iconic :wow: .
  5. Youjou Senki
    I love military conquest shyt (hence no. 6). Tanya making it look effortless :wow:. Had a lot of fun watching and rewatching this one.
    Like I said, military conquest is where it's at :yeshrug:. I only wish they kept on going for another season. Didn't care for Torway or that fat guy. It's scored well:

giphy.gif

8. Eden of the East
    I probably like it because the English dub is pretty good. Liked the Seleção concept a lot. If you're going to watch, series first, then movies.
  10. Mirai Nikki
  11. Another

Best believe I'm making a negged gif out of this for @Bryan Danielson trying to weasel his way out of this :russ:
  12. 91 Days
    All around goodness :yeshrug:. Planning on watching it again before the summer is out.
  13. Beatless
    I like a dumb romance and this was kinda that. I would even consider swapping this entry out for Plastic Memories.
  14. Shinsekai Yori
    First few episodes I had no clue what was going on, but the last 6 or so had me stressed the fukk out, it was so tense :pachaha:
    My favorite paint by numbers romance. Simple, predictable, but you can't hate on it :yeshrug:. Also scored very well

The musical ideas from this (the first song you hear) are sprinkled throughout. It's like 3-5 variations on this, eventually culminating with the most important one:

18. Sword Art Online
    T94GqcT.png
    Episode 15, Reunion ( Watch Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 15 English Subbedat Gogoanime ) 20:33 to the end :banderas:
    KAv2ObQ.gif
  21. Bounen no Xamdou
    If the narrative quality didn't dip around episode 15 or 16 this would have been higher. Animation is clean.

22. Koi Kaze
    ... if you can get over the subject mater... it's actually not a bad story :manny:. 90% of y'all ain't ready for this yet though :whoa:. Don't say I didn't warn you.
  23. Tenchi Muyo
  24. The Big O Season 1

You really like that demonic stuff don't you breh :whoa: :demonic:

I knew your list was gonna have a lot horror anime cause you put me on to Another and Higurashi

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
You really like that demonic stuff don't you breh :whoa: :demonic:

I knew your list was gonna have a lot horror anime cause you put me on to Another and Higurashi
I like serious tones and shows that aren't afraid to take us on a ride. I think I only watched those because they had the Mystery genre tag and I was trying to find more of those. Might have been around the time I watched Erased. Most of this list is based on if I would watch it again and if I can remember the plot. GITS, UBW, Eden of the East, Youjou Senki, Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin, I can re watch no problem, never bored. I actually cleared an entire day to watch GITS one day when I happened to catch it on a streaming site that played episodes continuously. All 26 episodes, glued.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
giphy.gif

1. Gosick

5. Youjou Senki

giphy.gif

8. Eden of the East
  10. Mirai Nikki
  11. Another

12. 91 Days
  13. Beatless
  14. Shinsekai Yori

18. Sword Art Online
    T94GqcT.png
    KAv2ObQ.gif
  21. Bounen no Xamdou

22. Koi Kaze
  23. Tenchi Muyo
  24. The Big O Season 1

Breh made a List & managed to keep his foot on @Bryan Danielson neck. :deadmanny:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Watching Daily Lives of High School Boys and this show is amazing :wow:

I needed something like this cause a lot of the shows I finished recently were "ight"

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
giphy.gif

1. Gosick

5. Youjou Senki

giphy.gif

8. Eden of the East
  10. Mirai Nikki
  11. Another

12. 91 Days
  13. Beatless
  14. Shinsekai Yori

18. Sword Art Online
    T94GqcT.png
    KAv2ObQ.gif
  21. Bounen no Xamdou

22. Koi Kaze
  23. Tenchi Muyo
  24. The Big O Season 1

This a nice unique list.

I hadn't thought about Requiem for the Phantom in ages