twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Watched Fruits Basket. feel warm and nostalgic.

I dunno, brehs. I been slacking anime wise the last few weeks. I'm kinda in "zone out" mode where I don't watch shyt really.

It's nothing against the shows, but sometimes I'd rather just put on some headphones and stare at a wall for a few months. :yeshrug:

currently in my hustle mode so I haven't spend much time on anime, only a select few. Even my reading is slacking :mjcry:
i just can't focus atm.:mjcry:

I read way more and I'm tired of the week to week anime shyt rather binge the show instead cuz some shows week to week be having me :damn: :mjcry:
Waiting till next episode

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Is that that Kimetsu no Yaiba shyt?

Cuz if so, I was just coming in to talk about this.

1st ep was pretty decent

Martha
Yeah that's it. That shyt is beautiful man, or at least the first episode. Similar aesthetic to Violet Evergarden.

The backstory is cliché as fukk though.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This spring season kinda lacking i only got 1 new show and like 3 leftovers and One Punch Man

Maybe I can help you with that :patrice:

But you’d have to make a vow to me to join “No Read Gang”

Stay away from Poo Poo Trash SOL shows any thing with “cutie pie” school girl protagonist shyt:martin:

And always up to shyt on IBO and it’s stans ON SIGHT!!:damn:

Martha

Daps
Maybe I can help you with that :patrice:

But you’d have to make a vow to me to join “No Read Gang”

Stay away from Poo Poo Trash SOL shows any thing with “cutie pie” school girl protagonist shyt:martin:

And always up to shyt on IBO and it’s stans ON SIGHT!!:damn:

Martha

:feedme:i already stay away from that shyt so sign me up

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It's because they don't got the sense to release Index, Railgun and Accelerator in the same season.

It's all one big story, but you only get 1/3 of it if you only watch one show.

Remember that " :ohhh: so that's what happened" feeling you got from watching Railgun after having seen Index season 1?
I would be with you but even the power scaling seems odd, in what world is accelerator losing to old buddy twice. Then the way they give you conyext that makes sense none what so ever to the magic dude sides and so on.

On another note when the fukk is Cannon Busters coming out.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Aku no Hana may be the least accessible anime ever made. The visual design is intentionally unattractive to annoy viewers who are accustomed to conventional animation styles and, if they haven't dropped it yet, to stress the theme of finding beauty within the ugly. The narrative is inspired by Baudelaire's Les Fleurs Du Mal which for non french speakers requires a translation to even be read nevermind understood.

if the viewer finds these decisions to be pretentious then the show is unwatchable. There's no base level of attraction to pull you in unlike other esoteric anime with convoluted narratives - you can sympathize with Lain as a character, Texhnolyze is violent, Ergo Proxy has impressive production values even if the narrative made little sense. Here you either exercise extreme patience to understand or you don't, and for most it's really not worth trying to understand it.

It does hold value for those who are interested in Baudelaire, decadence/some ideas of aestheticism and will look past the surface to see the broader picture. I think it's a great anime if those requirements are met. but I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking it's trash because it's literally designed to upset viewers who don't fall into a very specific niche.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Aku no Hana may be the least accessible anime ever made. The visual design is intentionally unattractive to annoy viewers who are accustomed to conventional animation styles and, if they haven't dropped it yet, to stress the theme of finding beauty within the ugly. The narrative is inspired by Baudelaire's Les Fleurs Du Mal which for non french speakers requires a translation to even be read nevermind understood.

if the viewer finds these decisions to be pretentious then the show is unwatchable. There's no base level of attraction to pull you in unlike other esoteric anime with convoluted narratives - you can sympathize with Lain as a character, Texhnolyze is violent, Ergo Proxy has impressive production values even if the narrative made little sense. Here you either exercise extreme patience to understand or you don't, and for most it's really not worth trying to understand it.

It does hold value for those who are interested in Baudelaire, decadence/some ideas of aestheticism and will look past the surface to see the broader picture. I think it's a great anime if those requirements are met. but I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking it's trash because it's literally designed to upset viewers who don't fall into a very specific niche.
Aku no Hana is crack! Genuinely sad we'll never get another season.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Aku no Hana is crack! Genuinely sad we'll never get another season.

Could see it happening if another team decides to animate the latter 2/3rds of the manga conventionally. but then that would diminish the point of confronting the viewer with ugliness to challenge their perspective on what constitutes beauty to begin with.

It’s sad to see a creative decision that adds unique perspective to an adaptation is also what makes it unsuccessful.