Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm rewatching City Hunter still. Up to episode 16 or so.... Its a lot different on rewatch (this dude would've been murdered by #metoo now lol)

One thing that these older shows do well is writing. They manage to fit a whole complete thought/theme into 15+ minutes or so with enough time on the side to fill the screen with action/comedy/development while shows these days are completely lost on that end.

I might stick to retro for a while and start marathoning new shyt as it comes out - when people can sort out what's worth watching and what isn't.
Might be my favorite anime series of all time, you put me on tho breh :blessed:

Nobody comes close to Ryo Saeba, the show may not be for all, but City Hunter captures a 80s anime perfectly from action,comedy, development and environment. I might stay retro too with you

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Yo!

I decided to give Devilman a try to see what all the fuss was about and I just finished the first episode. I have a high tolerance for gore and "wtf" factors but nearly the entire time this first episode had me

full

Needless to say, I'll be watching more. :patrice:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Only thing I really dislike about MHA is the relationship between the Midroyia and Bakugo (probably misspelt both). It's really forced and the latter HATES the former for no reason, and literally HATES him. Also it's not even a storyline where they once were friends when they were young, Bakugo been a grade A a$$hole to him since day 1 :mjlol:

Yea young vegita angry at ol boy for no reason it feels like lol but like someone said i guess that will be explained soon enough. i actually like midoryia, altho there are times where he tests my patience with how soft he be acting. Nikkas can nitpick the praise but it's a great show to watch, esp for those that have been reading comics for years and seeing this interpretation of familiar themes

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Only thing I really dislike about MHA is the relationship between the Midroyia and Bakugo (probably misspelt both). It's really forced and the latter HATES the former for no reason, and literally HATES him. Also it's not even a storyline where they once were friends when they were young, Bakugo been a grade A a$$hole to him since day 1 :mjlol:

Hasn't been explained in the anime really but it's pretty obvious Bakugo has always had some sort of complex towards Deku. Deku prolly accidentally shattered his ego or some shyt by being a nice ass person who naturally possessed the qualities of a hero when they were kids. Something like that I assume.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Now that I remember it, the original Devilman anime was pretty brutal as well. They were eating children.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Saiki Kuso no Psi nan is pretty funny. Cool concept.

Gonna watch PopTeamEpoic since everyone can't stop taking about it.

Darling In The Franxx is disappointingly fanservice-y. Gonna keep watching because the art and animation are nice.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
What was the evangilion ending?? I never understood it.
Rewatch all of NGE, read the wiki, then watch End of Evangelion, then watch hours of youtube theories then attain human instrumentality and then:
full

top 5 anime[/anime]

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I'll admit its not for everyone

Its basically this era's evangelion where it has that love it or hate it type of vibe:ld:
I'm one of the rare people who love the art, animation of Devilman. I enjoyed the story as well.

But please

Please dont compare Crybaby it to NGE. That's like comparing Legend of Korra to TLA. But worse.

Crybaby isnt even in the same director's top 3 tbh.

they are going to do animate the forrest training camp arc which is

:wow:

the tournament arc has noting on this arc :blessed:

Hopefully the animation/production holds up considering a movie is dropping this year too.

Oh my god I cant wait for Mirio to come through and crush the buildings :wow: