42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mjlol:

Well it is they both have a similar tone and fake deep plot. Eva even jacked the ending of devilman so yeah it's clearly inspired by devilman.
that kind of thrown together bs ending layout is all over japan :dead: difference between devilman and eva is the quality

devilman came out a month ago and people already forgot the whole cast outside of the :dame:villain:dame:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
To each his own. Monkey was a better character than everybody in the fates I watched. Gave that show two different chances and I wound up bored in both series. fukking monologues smh

I liked JT, especially the first 2/3rds of it, but once they killed Monkey.. while it was a nice surprise misdirection, i felt they forfeited the most likeable character that had the best agenda for pushing the story forward. Once she died and the backstories of the twins started up, the predictability and repetitiveness became a chore. Now the twist at the end with Rat was very cool though

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Bros I finally fukking finished Trigun. Like I said I'm still doing that Bebop review and its taking me forever but like I said I been busy as fukk with school since it started back up. And I actually want to show I put in work on this Bebop review.

But I didn't fukking realize I was on the last episode of Trigun for 4 weeks. I'm like cool lets finish these last four episodes. I watch this episode and get hit with the end. LMAO

My quick drunk thoughts:

I enjoyed this way more than I did years back. I'm starting to think certain anime you can't really understand how good something is until you hit a certain age when you've seen plenty of series and know how to break things down. I was so used to that Shounen shyt as a kid I thought anything else was average. But looking back on this its at least an 8.

This series honestly would be a certified classic if it was a Final Fantasy game. Imagine if Trigun never existed then imagine everything that happens this series in Final Fantasy format. Vash as the main character with playable side characters such as Wolfwood on your way to beat the final boss in Knives your evil brother. Sounds pure flames.

I thought Legato would be a dope ass fire boss but after seeing Knives and Vash history he was the right choice as the final villain. We've already stated that basically Trigun/Kenshin resemble each other a lot as a series and it could be they had the same writers during the same time period. I'm trying to decide which one did it better with the final boss plus his group of hence-men. I want to lean on Kenshin because those final fights were legit.

Also I want to know if Trigun is the same with how Kenshin was with the anime. Are there chapters and arcs that go beyond what happen in the anime?
I get the entire focus of the story was Vash testing his beliefs and if he will still live by rules and morals oh girl told him when he was a child even when it comes to his evil brother which he stood true to his word..... But I'm just thinking he let bro live and he taking him to where everyone else at. If history shows right Knives gonna heal up then say fukk humans all over again lol.

I think I kinda understand why Knives wanted everyone dead. Like yeah those people were using knives and vash for something that I forgot but the fact that he saw them humans in himself a little bit probably just made him straight up evil. Dude saw he had the same horrible traits as humans. Ego, violence, pride, etc. And I'm assuming in his mind they can't be the same if one species doesn't exist.

Just felt like ehh should have killed your brother but in the end Vash finally tested his beliefs and found out he lives by them.

8/10.

Its always these type of series that feel so short.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bros I finally fukking finished Trigun. Like I said I'm still doing that Bebop review and its taking me forever but like I said I been busy as fukk with school since it started back up. And I actually want to show I put in work on this Bebop review.

But I didn't fukking realize I was on the last episode of Trigun for 4 weeks. I'm like cool lets finish these last four episodes. I watch this episode and get hit with the end. LMAO

My quick drunk thoughts:

I enjoyed this way more than I did years back. I'm starting to think certain anime you can't really understand how good something is until you hit a certain age when you've seen plenty of series and know how to break things down. I was so used to that Shounen shyt as a kid I thought anything else was average. But looking back on this its at least an 8.

This series honestly would be a certified classic if it was a Final Fantasy game. Imagine if Trigun never existed then imagine everything that happens this series in Final Fantasy format. Vash as the main character with playable side characters such as Wolfwood on your way to beat the final boss in Knives your evil brother. Sounds pure flames.

I thought Legato would be a dope ass fire boss but after seeing Knives and Vash history he was the right choice as the final villain. We've already stated that basically Trigun/Kenshin resemble each other a lot as a series and it could be they had the same writers during the same time period. I'm trying to decide which one did it better with the final boss plus his group of hence-men. I want to lean on Kenshin because those final fights were legit.

Also I want to know if Trigun is the same with how Kenshin was with the anime. Are there chapters and arcs that go beyond what happen in the anime?
I get the entire focus of the story was Vash testing his beliefs and if he will still live by rules and morals oh girl told him when he was a child even when it comes to his evil brother which he stood true to his word..... But I'm just thinking he let bro live and he taking him to where everyone else at. If history shows right Knives gonna heal up then say fukk humans all over again lol.

I think I kinda understand why Knives wanted everyone dead. Like yeah those people were using knives and vash for something that I forgot but the fact that he saw them humans in himself a little bit probably just made him straight up evil. Dude saw he had the same horrible traits as humans. Ego, violence, pride, etc. And I'm assuming in his mind they can't be the same if one species doesn't exist.

Just felt like ehh should have killed your brother but in the end Vash finally tested his beliefs and found out he lives by them.

8/10.

Its always these type of series that feel so short.
now you know

title.jpg

:win:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Damn I never played that game. They look like they belong in the trigun series tho
old psn classic. there's a 'remaster' ish version of it called Wild Arms: Alter Code F that was made for the PS2

it didn't age as well as some other games in the genre (like legend of dragoon for example), but its still a really good jprg. its not just the wild west style up front either, it rides a lot of the themes from trigun

probably dirt cheap on PSN still or easy enough to find for an emulator. i'd definitely recommend it if you got time to kill, roll with the new retro jrpgs, and liked trigun

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
old psn classic. there's a 'remaster' ish version of it called Wild Arms: Alter Code F that was made for the PS2

it didn't age as well as some other games in the genre (like legend of dragoon for example), but its still a really good jprg. its not just the wild west style up front either, it rides a lot of the themes from trigun

probably dirt cheap on PSN still or easy enough to find for an emulator. i'd definitely recommend it if you got time to kill, roll with the new retro jrpgs, and liked trigun

I actually love those type of games tho so I'm a check it out. I only like playing retro rpg games.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Rewatched cowboy Bebop and samurai champloo for the first time in a decade +...they definitely feel episodic more than anything after bingeing them...like the fat assassin episode in Bebop and the blaxploitation episode felt completely random but yet they're still excellent to watch. Samurai Champloo is the same way but not as enjoyable, the music is dope but all of the supporting characters are forgettable and the plot was wack...it was hard to finish. Gonna rewatch Outlaw star and Trigun next...I know they're gonna deliver more story wise.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing it mentioned for months I finally gave My Hero Academia a look a couple days ago.....:wow::ohhh::gladbron:

Holy shyt have I been sleeping on this show. I've already burned through the first 2 seasons.

My nikka Midoriya got heart :to:

Minoru looking to challenge Master Roshi for the title of biggest perv in all of anime :shaq:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
that kind of thrown together bs ending layout is all over japan :dead: difference between devilman and eva is the quality

devilman came out a month ago and people already forgot the whole cast outside of the :dame:villain:dame:

nikka please

Devilman was very influential for it's time so I have no doubt that it was put in as a homage breh. Eva's ending near identical to devilman's ending. It was definitely a direct reference breh. That's like saying persona 4 didn't completely jack JoJo part 4 and is a total coincidence.

And quality:stopitslime: let's not forget Eva wasn't perfect either them nikkas couldn't even animate the ending. Last 2 eps were just a bunch of fake deep babble with concept art flying around the screen for 20 mins:mjlol: