MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Titties, gore, and a plot that pushes imagery to set a tone rather than actual quality writing :whistle:

I said I wouldn't, but Ive gone full hater on Devilman now :mjlol: its not even a bad show. I just can't help myself from posting when people say its great :dead:

You're raise your flag @Bryan Danielson status right now :mjgrin:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hunter x Hunter 2011 if u havent seen it yet. I think there's a dub of the whole thing by now
this show isnt on funimation and Hulu only has the subbed version

checked crunchyroll too and they dont have the dub either

where else do you guys watch anime?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
this show isnt on funimation and Hulu only has the subbed version

checked crunchyroll too and they dont have the dub either

where else do you guys watch anime?
I t0rrent anime so you'll have to ask others. Anime streaming sites have a lot of pop ups and malware for some reason so I just go with batch t0rrent downloads. HxH is a lot of eps tho. Might not be dubbed as well. If that's a big thing for u, you'll be waiting on a lot of piff anime

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
its also a combination of a lot of plotholes and jumbled storylines

you really gotta go out of your way to roll with the themes they try and setup
I don't think there are many plotholes or jumbled storylines. The story does skip over a lot of explanatory stuff to focus on the overall themes.

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
Im still tight they got Freiza and Cell jap voice actors to do the male voices in Pop Team Epic. I can't wait to hear what other actors they get to do an episode :mjgrin:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You're raise your flag @Bryan Danielson status right now :mjgrin:
anyone can be a hater :wow:
I don't think there are many plotholes or jumbled storylines. The story does skip over a lot of explanatory stuff to focus on the overall themes.
i could hit on a lot, but most of all...

everything about their portrayal of humanity was inconsistent as well as the main cast's motives/relationships based on that. one minute they're inconsequential, the next they're evil, the next they're worth saving, then they become an afterthought. its all over the place. there's never even reason for the lead protagonist to cling to his humanity at all after several points in the show. if you look at all of his relationships and values, it makes more sense for him to join the demons. repeatedly. like.... there's several times where his 'empathy' should've turned him in the other direction. all they had to do was nail down what humanity is or should be or what its value is ONCE and they'd have had a coherent theme going on. instead, it basically asks the viewer to insert ideology on their behalf.

the one thing i'll always love and defend about devilman won't be the animation, music selection, action, or plot - but the bars those japanese brehs had :banderas: those dudes killed it

Last edited: