42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Thought Devilman was great, but it would’ve been better served as a longer show than ten episodes. Apparently there’s a lot of stuff they didn’t get into from the manga.

Had I known anything about the franchise going in and how strongly it influenced some of my favorites like Berserk and EoE I’d probably be less impressed. Understanding why the franchise is considered iconic was part of the experience for me and is the case for a lot of older anime I watch.
If they gonna bring something back, Golgo 13 and City Hunter is what the people want :wow:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm just happy that Netlfix is flexing to the point of getting shyt produced at all. Three years ago people were talking about crowdfunding and kickstarter anime :picard: Netflix is saving everyting

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If they gonna bring something back, Golgo 13 and City Hunter is what the people want :wow:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm just happy that Netlfix is flexing to the point of getting shyt produced at all. Three years ago people were talking about crowdfunding and kickstarter anime :picard: Netflix is saving everyting
We need the world to understand who and how cold Ryo Saeba is :wow:

Duke Togo too

On episode 4 of Devilman, was not interested at all episode 1-2 but has gotten better

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Thought Devilman was great, but it would’ve been better served as a longer show than ten episodes. Apparently there’s a lot of stuff they didn’t get into from the manga.

Had I known anything about the franchise going in and how strongly it influenced some of my favorites like Berserk and EoE I’d probably be less impressed. Understanding why the franchise is considered iconic was part of the experience for me and is the case for a lot of older anime I watch.

They really didn't cut much out if anything they just changed a few things even in the manga certain things that @42 Monks had issues with weren't expound on:yeshrug:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well the best thing that can come out of devilman is it seems that Netflix is willing to take risks with these anime projects and not just license stuff to stream or just throw out generic garbage. Hope we get more shows like this

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Golgo 13:mjcry:

I remember watching the series. shyt was beautiful. Then it ended and then I realized the manga has 10000 chapters. I'm like aw nah they ended this shyt to early :mjcry:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I don't even think they show that chaos or barbarism like that. Especially because
they make it a point to lay out that the humans are clearly worse. the demons killing people was almost always a primal urge whereas the humans were throwing orgies, raping kids, torturing people, dismembering people for display, and even grandma put the heat to someone lol
. This dude fought urges for like...
two maybe three episodes and it never comes up again. Its rough dealing with those urges but you either do or you don't, das it for that plot string we make a big event out of his dad not being able to handle it then all of a sudden every other character outside of the kid just deals with it without going into blind uncontrollable rage?

humanity was a constant toss up too

i mean, its not a terrible show by any means but people really had me thinking netflix had a one punch man type hit. this is just regular old super violent, t*ts out, existential bullshyt that happens to be very easy to watch

overall its aite but i think i bought into the hype
I think more than just being a good person the individuals will also had to be unnaturally strong to overtake a demon. other than akira who's empathy for other people was at unnaturally high levels the only other human who had 100% control was mika who never had any struggles with the demon, and transformed ony when she wanted to. all the other hybrids were either still in a battle of control with the demon (akiras dad, prof. fikira) or over willed the demon but had no control over the primal urges (the little brother, the track star)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think more than just being a good person the individuals will also had to be unnaturally strong to overtake a demon. other than akira who's empathy for other people was at unnaturally high levels the only other human who had 100% control was mika who never had any struggles with the demon, and transformed ony when she wanted to. all the other hybrids were either still in a battle of control with the demon (akiras dad, prof. fikira) or over willed the demon but had no control over the primal urges (the little brother, the track star)
Miko was unstable from the start - they make a point to show that after she got raped and then started playing with herself because she was all over the place mentally. Also, she definitely flipped out at least twice more. Once when she fukked the old dude trying to molest her then went demon, killed him, then continued to fukk his corpse lol. Then at some point later (or earlier?) when she killed the rapper and had him rotting in her own house. Its also implied she killed her mother/caretaker. She could 'control' it, sure, but its unclear if she was similar to Silene the way that she had that same lust/violence/love shyt going on.

Also when demons bond they die, but..... that's also how they evolved.. sooooooooo :hula:

I'm sure the manga expands on it more. I'm just like.... okay lol. I gotta watch out for the hype in the future and do my homework ahead of time. Its still an easy to watch show and has some good moments but under any bit of scrutiny its messy.

the last few episodes in particular were just a long, long eye roll to me. Not because people should've done this or that, but because they just kinda forgot where things were before they decided to sprint to the finish line. they force in weird stuff like pass the baton but kinda forget what akira's priorities are. like.... his development just flat out stops after a certain point

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Miko was unstable from the start - they make a point to show that after she got raped and then started playing with herself because she was all over the place mentally. Also, she definitely flipped out at least twice more. Once when she fukked the old dude trying to molest her then went demon, killed him, then continued to fukk his corpse lol. Then at some point later (or earlier?) when she killed the rapper and had him rotting in her own house. Its also implied she killed her mother/caretaker. She could 'control' it, sure, but its unclear if she was similar to Silene the way that she had that same lust/violence/love shyt going on.

Also when demons bond they die, but..... that's also how they evolved.. sooooooooo :hula:

I'm sure the manga expands on it more. I'm just like.... okay lol. I gotta watch out for the hype in the future and do my homework ahead of time. Its still an easy to watch show and has some good moments but under any bit of scrutiny its messy.

the last few episodes in particular were just a long, long eye roll to me. Not because people should've done this or that, but because they just kinda forgot where things were before they decided to sprint to the finish line. they force in weird stuff like pass the baton but kinda forget what akira's priorities are. like.... his development just flat out stops after a certain point
she did those things because she wanted to though, they do change when they become a hybrid. even as innocent and naive as akira was he was very vengeful when it came down to killing his enemies. she didn't have a creed to follow so she was more :manny: about killing humans. I think the rapper died in the club with her and the body in the apartment was her grandmother. Also the demons don't die when they bond Silene and the devil she bonded with died because she was mortally wounded already. he loved her so he gave up his body to give her a power boost to kill akira before she died

I agree about the last episodes where they were accelerating through the story at lightspeed. No exposition or convo with miko(a) at all about if she would stay or leave with him/where her loyalties lied. him making a uturn back to mika with no provocation or knowledge that something was going down, the forced in but heartwarming scene of him saving persecuted humans:russ: