Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Just started devilman...episode 1...what the fukk did i just watch? Animation is tripped out man...felt like straight up drugs and I feel like I'm doing myself a disservice watching it sober :jbhmm:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Finished it. Devilman is .... if you like well animated rampant t*ts and people exploding in gore vs actual fights this is for you. Outside of that, this was kinda dumb. You put up with a lot because of the promise of the first few episodes, but after that lol

this shyt is WILD overrated :gucci:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Binged it in one night...:patrice: not sure how I feel about it tbh. It kept me intrigued tho I'll say that much...

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Finished it. Devilman is .... if you like well animated rampant t*ts and people exploding in gore vs actual fights this is for you. Outside of that, this was kinda dumb. You put up with a lot because of the promise of the first few episodes, but after that lol

this shyt is WILD overrated :gucci:

Damn breh you didn't like it:dwillhuh:

While I agree the Gore was a bit extra at times but I felt like it was needed to show how chaotic and barbaric the demons are. Showing how Akira can suppress his urges to prevent loosing himself and maintain his humanity. Those scenes were needed they didn't put them in just because.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Damn breh you didn't like it:dwillhuh:

While I agree the Gore was a bit extra at times but I felt like it was needed to show how chaotic and barbaric the demons are. Showing how Akira can suppress his urges to prevent loosing himself and maintain his humanity. Those scenes were needed they didn't put them in just because.
I don't even think they show that chaos or barbarism like that. Especially because
they make it a point to lay out that the humans are clearly worse. the demons killing people was almost always a primal urge whereas the humans were throwing orgies, raping kids, torturing people, dismembering people for display, and even grandma put the heat to someone lol
. This dude fought urges for like...
two maybe three episodes and it never comes up again. Its rough dealing with those urges but you either do or you don't, das it for that plot string we make a big event out of his dad not being able to handle it then all of a sudden every other character outside of the kid just deals with it without going into blind uncontrollable rage?

humanity was a constant toss up too

i mean, its not a terrible show by any means but people really had me thinking netflix had a one punch man type hit. this is just regular old super violent, t*ts out, existential bullshyt that happens to be very easy to watch

overall its aite but i think i bought into the hype

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I don't even think they show that chaos or barbarism like that. Especially because
they make it a point to lay out that the humans are clearly worse. the demons killing people was almost always a primal urge whereas the humans were throwing orgies, raping kids, torturing people, dismembering people for display, and even grandma put the heat to someone lol
. This dude fought urges for like...
two maybe three episodes and it never comes up again. Its rough dealing with those urges but you either do or you don't, das it for that plot string we make a big event out of his dad not being able to handle it then all of a sudden every other character outside of the kid just deals with it without going into blind uncontrollable rage?

humanity was a constant toss up too

i mean, its not a terrible show by any means but people really had me thinking netflix had a one punch man type hit. this is just regular old super violent, t*ts out, existential bullshyt that happens to be very easy to watch

overall its aite but i think i bought into the hype

Well to your first point
Well Ryo specifically went to that orgy party to summon the demons because in that type of environment was easy for the demons to show up since everyone at they party was on the verge of loosing their mind. raping kids? when did that happen? Didn't that stuff happen when the public found out that demons could conceal their true form?

And
The people who were like Akria were rare. Not everyone has a strong will like that to suppress the demon within. Thats why some of them could control it

But to each its own tho :ehh:its rare at least nowadays you get anime that gets gully like that

it really had a old school 80s/90s anime type of feel to it that we really don't get too often

I feel it succeeded on that front Plus it was pretty faithful to the manga:yeshrug:

Really OPM being some high standard :mjlol: if anything is overrated its that shyt:hhh:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
lol I'm watching Trigun too, I'm 16 episodes I was literally going to come in here and ask why is this too highly rated. I've seen this type of show/plot/character done before (Kenshin for example) and done SOO much better?

Like I said I'm 16 episodes in and I heard the 2nd half of the show picks up, but man idk

Trigun is more highly rated for two simple reasons, IMHO.

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal hit stateside (subbed) before Roruni Kenshin (and trigun) on TV. The change in pace and tone between the movies and the show are kinda jarring at first, so when Kenshin started airing, it had a following because of the hype. But turned off a lot of "casual" fans that were drawn to bleak ass Samurai X.

Trigun was shorter.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Well to your first point
Well Ryo specifically went to that orgy party to summon the demons because in that type of environment was easy for the demons to show up since everyone at they party was on the verge of loosing their mind. raping kids? when did that happen? Didn't that stuff happen when the public found out that demons could conceal their true form?

And
The people who were like Akria were rare. Not everyone has a strong will like that to suppress the demon within. Thats why some of them could control it

But to each its own tho :ehh:its rare at least nowadays you get anime that gets gully like that

it really had a old school 80s/90s anime type of feel to it that we really don't get too often

I feel it succeeded on that front Plus it was pretty faithful to the manga:yeshrug:

Really OPM being some high standard :mjlol: if anything is overrated its that shyt:hhh:
OPM at least made sense and actually bothered to have real fights vs this quick burst into guts highlight reel. I'm almost ready to say Garo: The Vanishing Line was better. The hype for this was wild was all I'm saying. Usually when the internet blows up for something its at least better than this.

But just to be clear about where I stand, it's an okay show. They never build on a lot of the stuff they introduced is my issue. Also the fights kinda sucked and you can get ass and titties anywhere.
Miko got raped by the photographer.

Demons are drawn to sex and fukkery? They never stay true to that outside of the other two high school kids. How did the little brother get infected then? The father? They touch on themes then pretty much forget them lol.

And they never commit to those demons being fully under control either. Each of the high school kids killed their lovers. And.... that's it? Miko in particular doesn't address any of her shyt and Roku never has a baseline at all. One minute he's having flashbacks about killing his boyfriend and rolling with the vague "humanity" theme they never nail down, the next he's remorseless after killing hundreds, then he's #teamdevilman, then he betrays the dude who saved him literally the first chance he gets. Miko says she loves that girl sooooo was she gonna kill her too? I'm just saying they kinda go all over the place especially when they're very blatant about humans being worse than demons.

Also they allude to demons communicating with their hosts several times early in the show but it doesn't come up again. There are holes everywhere. Including the big one with Ryo being clearly aware of his ability to summon specific demons into people. They needed to clean all this up

I'm not gonna go on because if people enjoy it, cool. I'm not trying to hate excessively.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
OPM at least made sense and actually bothered to have real fights vs this quick burst into guts highlight reel. I'm almost ready to say Garo: The Vanishing Line was better. The hype for this was wild was all I'm saying. Usually when the internet blows up for something its at least better than this.

But just to be clear about where I stand, it's an okay show. They never build on a lot of the stuff they introduced is my issue. Also the fights kinda sucked and you can get ass and titties anywhere.
Miko got raped by the photographer.

Demons are drawn to sex and fukkery? They never stay true to that outside of the other two high school kids. How did the little brother get infected then? The father? They touch on themes then pretty much forget them lol.

And they never commit to those demons being fully under control either. Each of the high school kids killed their lovers. And.... that's it? Miko in particular doesn't address any of her shyt and Roku never has a baseline at all. One minute he's having flashbacks about killing his boyfriend and rolling with the vague "humanity" theme they never nail down, the next he's remorseless after killing hundreds, then he's #teamdevilman, then he betrays the dude who saved him literally the first chance he gets. Miko says she loves that girl sooooo was she gonna kill her too? I'm just saying they kinda go all over the place especially when they're very blatant about humans being worse than demons.

Also they allude to demons communicating with their hosts several times early in the show but it doesn't come up again. There are holes everywhere. Including the big one with Ryo being clearly aware of his ability to summon specific demons into people. They needed to clean all this up

I'm not gonna go on because if people enjoy it, cool. I'm not trying to hate excessively.

I gotta cosign this but somehow I still managed to like the anime.:yeshrug: I never saw or read the other Devilman iterations Crybaby especially the ending gave me flashbacks older anime.

Fights were definitely low key trash. IMO right now the best anime that Netflix has is Castlevania if it counts as anime. :wow:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Thought Devilman was great, but it would’ve been better served as a longer show than ten episodes. Apparently there’s a lot of stuff they didn’t get into from the manga.

Had I known anything about the franchise going in and how strongly it influenced some of my favorites like Berserk and EoE I’d probably be less impressed. Understanding why the franchise is considered iconic was part of the experience for me and is the case for a lot of older anime I watch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Maerchen Maedchen was better than I expected. So was Ryuuou no Oshigoto! which I wasn't gonna mess with cause a 9 year old was one of the lead characters but I tried it anyway.