Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Its only a handful of decent dubs and when it comes anime to begin with. I always go for the subbed OG versions. It's how I was introduced to anime from way back in the day and the only way I can really enjoy it. Too many changes are made once they try to cater to American audiences.
You quoted the wrong person on DBZ. @VictorVonPoon and @42 Monks are the ones who said DBZ had a great dub, I was disagreeing with them.

:manny:
Yea my bad I caught it after editing it.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I don't even see how that can be disputed. Its only a handful of decent dubs and when it comes anime to begin with. I always go for the subbed OG versions. It's how I was introduced to anime from way back in the day and the only way I can really enjoy it. Too many changes are made once they try to cater to American audiences.

:manny:

Some dudes just weird.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
Its only a handful of decent dubs and when it comes anime to begin with. I always go for the subbed OG versions. It's how I was introduced to anime from way back in the day and the only way I can really enjoy it. Too many changes are made once they try to cater to American audiences.

Yea my bad I caught it after editing it.

OG versions don't have subs. If dubbing is catering to American or English speaking audiences, then so is subbing. Japanese people don't watch subbed or dubbed. :umad:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"I am happy to defeat you" vs "Nothing will make me happier than to kill you"

is basically the shyt that's common place when you get into dub/sub stuff.

Hell, in the One Piece dubs they gave Sanji a fukking lollipop instead of cigarettes :dead:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Inuyashas dub is bad to the point of comedy

I never picked up on that until watching the movies a few weeks ago. Couldn't stop laughing at how awkward it is

Some great dubs not mentioned though -

Nodame Cantabile S1
Space Dandy (better than the original imo)
Barakamon
Spice and Wolf
Cromartie High School
Kare Kano

That reminds me I need to dl that Inuyasha rip :wow:

Series had some of the best ost's along with the best intro/outro's :whew:

Seriously. The show had its flaws but the music was consistently great, have had some songs on a playlist for a decade now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
OG versions don't have subs. If dubbing is catering to American or English speaking audiences, then so is subbing. Japanese people don't watch subbed or dubbed. :umad:
Some subs are better than others, no one is denying that.

But a shyt sub can be fixed (and its identified almost immediately as well). A bad dub? :scust:

Daps
Reppin
SN1

Hell, in the One Piece dubs they gave Sanji a fukking lollipop instead of cigarettes :dead:

Both of those quotes are awful.

Your confusing the One Piece dub with the Toonami version. Watching One Piece dubbed on Kissanime, Sanji smokes cigarettes. If it had aired subbed on Toonami for whatever reason he would have had lolipops too, thats just the censored version.

Some subs are better than others, no one is denying that.

But a shyt sub can be fixed (and its identified almost immediately as well). A bad dub? :scust:
If I ever see a bad dub I'll be sure to @ you but I haven't.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Both of those quotes are awful.

Your confusing the One Piece dub with the Toonami version. Watching One Piece dubbed on Kissanime, Sanji smokes cigarettes. If it had aired subbed on Toonami for whatever reason he would have had lolipops too, thats just the censored version.
No. People have been trying to bring One Piece over for decades. This was way, way before Toonami picked it up.

You want to talk about another dub atrocity? Robotech//Macross

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Your lie in April has a dope ass dub. I don't watch much mainly cuz this year has been trash af. Only watchable shows were rezero and mob psycho and I caught em both in japanese

Daps
Reppin
SN1
No. People have been trying to bring One Piece over for decades. This was way, way before Toonami picked it up.

You want to talk about another dub atrocity? Robotech//Macross
Doesn't matter, he still smokes cigarettes in the dubbed version so whats your point?

Your lie in April has a dope ass dub. I don't watch much mainly cuz this year has been trash af. Only watchable shows were rezero and mob psycho and I caught em both in japanese
Your Lie in April dub is standard, nothing special for today's releases. It is a good dub, but so are most dubs these days.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps

oh god the 4kids one piece dub was so trash.
That wack rap:heh:

Then when arlong threw nami's mother into the dungeon instead of her getting murked like in the original sub.:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
SN1
oh god the 4kids one piece dub was so trash.
That wack rap:heh:

Then when arlong threw nami's mother into the dungeon instead of her getting murked like in the original sub.:mjlol:
4Kids thats what it was

"the original sub" :sas1:

you mean the original raw version, japanese with no subtitles? :sas2:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Doesn't matter, he still smokes cigarettes in the dubbed version so whats your point?
:dahell:

You wanted to discuss how dubs are fukked up and that's a perfect example. There had to be a brand new dub put together :dead: one of the biggest breadwinners in animation got fukked for damn near 10 years because of it. I'd bring up Attack on Titan and OPM's dub but you haven't seen them. They're clear cut cases of shyt being rushed at brought over at the bare minimum standard so that they can sell while the product is still hot. Dubs have got better over the years in some certain instances, but its almost never in popular series - those always get rush jobs or get mended for some weird shyt. Kill la Kill, Akame ga kill, Gundam... all were bottom of the barrel shyt compared to the dub that IS possible for some niche releases or bigger productions such as OVAs or movies.

I'm not saying all dubs are trash, I'm saying that you can't say they're all good - and they sometimes have no problems missing hard on key scenes regularly.