Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Haven't been watching much anime lately but I've been playing visual novels on Steam.

Playing G Senjou no Maou I see why it gets called the Death Note of visual novels. The game of cat and mouse that L and Light played with each other is somewhat similar to what's going on here. I thought the initial main plot twist was kinda lame at first because it's reveled so early but in all honesty it hasn't hurt the story.

Without giving much of the story away
the main character is also the antagonist and he has a split personality. one of his 2 personalities is actually working against the antagonist side and it's pretty clear that the other protagonist and supporting cast suspect he's the antagonist but they don't have any proof. The antagonist has to work against both his other personality and the supporting characters and so far he's managed to always be one step ahead of all parties involved.
again that's a general summary. there's a part in Death Note that's eerily similar to that.

I played thru it, Usami route :banderas:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I want to get into Anime. Y'all have any suggestions for newbies?

Fist of the North Star
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Rurouni Kenshin (Don't go too far into it tho)
Gundam Wing
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (All of them are high quality, Stardust Crusaders Season One is unbelievably slow though)
HunterXHunter
Death Note
Gintama
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho 100

Haikyuu
Kuroko No Basket
Yu Yu Hakusho

(Will add more as I remember them)

Daps
Reppin
SN1
I want to get into Anime. Y'all have any suggestions for newbies?

Akame ga Kill!
Toradora!
Yamada's First Time
Highschool of the Dead
Mayo Chiki!
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Kill la Kill
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Code Geass
Sword Art Online
Your Lie in April
Harmony (Project Itoh)
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Black Lagoon
Tokyo ESP
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
Kurokami The Animation
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Good Luck Girl!

my favorite anime is Fairy Tail but its 277 episodes and still going which is probably to long since your just starting out.

Fist of the North Star
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Rurouni Kenshin (Don't go too far into it tho)
Gundam Wing
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (All of them are high quality, Stardust Crusaders Season One is unbelievably slow though)
HunterXHunter
Death Note
Gintama
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho 100

Haikyuu
Kuroko No Basket
Yu Yu Hakusho

(Will add more as I remember them)

Most of these are classics but too old or too long for someone who has literally watched 0 anime.

I can't agree with telling someone to start watching Kenshin and then stop after the Kyoto Arc. Even if you think it gets worse from there (I don't) its part of the experience.

I also imagine someone getting into anime for the first time wants to watch dubs, which Kuroko No Basket and Haikyuu don't have.

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Akame ga Kill!
Toradora!
Yamada's First Time
Highschool of the Dead
Mayo Chiki!
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Kill la Kill
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Code Geass
Sword Art Online
Your Lie in April
Harmony (Project Itoh)
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Black Lagoon
Tokyo ESP
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
Kurokami The Animation
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Good Luck Girl!

my favorite anime is Fairy Tail but its 277 episodes and still going which is probably to long since your just starting out.

Most of these are classics but too old or too long for someone who has literally watched 0 anime.

I can't agree with telling someone to start watching Kenshin and then stop after the Kyoto Arc. Even if you think it gets worse from there (I don't) its part of the experience.

I also imagine someone getting into anime for the first time wants to watch dubs, which Kuroko No Basket and Haikyuu don't have.

Too long? :dahell:

My first anime was Dragon Ball as a young'un :ufdup:

Also dubs for the most part suck, and aren't as good as the Japanese voices. You're telling me you prefer dubbed Dio over the god Takehito Koyasu? :scust:

Very rarely will I recommend a dub over subs (Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin, etc.)

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Koyasu's Dio voice
full

Daps
Reppin
SN1
Most dubs are legit trash. I used to think saying that was elitist but very, very few are decent let alone good.

Dubbed Dio is a perfect example imo
:scust:

Oh yeah, voices in a language you don't speak are better. Nah thats insanely elitist. I only watch dubs and I can't think of any that aren't at least decent except Golden Boy and thats old as fukk.

Also dubs for the most part suck, and aren't as good as the Japanese voices. You're telling me you prefer dubbed Dio over the god Takehito Koyasu? :scust:

Very rarely will I recommend a dub over subs (Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin, etc.)

Wtf is Dio? Jojo shyt?

I started with YYH but I wouldn't recommend longer shows to a beginner. Even today I have a hard time watching a show that goes over 25 episodes if it isn't really good.

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:scust:

Oh yeah, voices in a language you don't speak are better. Nah thats insanely elitist. I only watch dubs and I can't think of any that aren't at least decent except Golden Boy and thats old as fukk.

Wtf is Dio? Jojo shyt?

I started with YYH but I wouldn't recommend longer shows to a beginner. Even today I have a hard time watching a show that goes over 25 episodes if it isn't really good.

The voices are better tho in a lot of cases :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
SN1
The voices are better tho in a lot of cases :mjlol:
Do you enjoy reading television? I've done it for OVAs and recently watched Okusama ga Seitokaichou subbed as I thought it would never get dubbed (turns out its getting one) and its just not enjoyable for me. I don't think I could possibly find voices better if I don't speak the language.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

FMA is another great Dub

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
FMA:B is a real good starter. No one recommended Eyeshield or Slam Dunk? Also, GTO and Hajime Ippo are pretty good ones as well.