#WeWantRocky! fukk Stardust and Cody Nation

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
That was years later but the WWE belt is definitely higher than any belt they ever pushed. That streak storyline was pushed ahead of the title in the Batista match...they've ran to that streak stuff ever since the Rock and Austin were done. A year later with the Blandy match at WM 21..that's when all that $hit started. No one cared about him bring undefeated at Mania before then..they didn't have to..the Rock and Austin were main eventing everything.
Yes in the long run it is and always will be, just saying there were times when the WWE title wasn't the most pushed/sought after title at times. Plenty of times they put the Universal title over the WWE title as well. It happens man. Just the nature of the beast.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yes in the long run it is and always will be, just saying there were times when the WWE title wasn't the most pushed/sought after title at times. Plenty of times they put the Universal title over the WWE title as well. It happens man. Just the nature of the beast.
No one ever took the Universal title as ahead of the WWE belt. It's just the WWE acting like it matters. That's why they combined it. It's a cycle.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's Dave so who the fukk knows how wrong he is, but if y'all wanna know what he has on this:

-Rock got 30 million to comeback :damn:
-WWE expected Cody to become "a Daniel Bryan style of martyr"
-He says "plans can always change" and they could insert Cody in a three way but in classic Dave fashion he says that "as of right now" that's not the plan :mjlol:
-He hasn't gotten an answer when he asked WWE if they expected Rock to get booed or disliked.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
No one ever took the Universal title as ahead of the WWE belt. It's just the WWE acting like it matters. That's why they combined it. It's a cycle.
It doesn't matter what the fans think matters, it's how WWE presented it and yes, they put the Universal and WHC over the WWE title at times in their history and vice versa. How is this hard to comprehend? It's literal fact when one title main events over the other. But in the long run they will never get rid of the lineage of the WWE title. This is why when Roman finally loses, the Universal title lineage will cease to exist.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It doesn't matter what the fans think matters, it's how WWE presented it and yes, they put the Universal and WHC over the WWE title at times in their history and vice versa. How is this hard to comprehend? It's literal fact when one title main events over the other. But in the long run they will never get rid of the lineage of the WWE title. This is why when Roman finally loses, the Universal title lineage will cease to exist.
They presented Cripple H as the top champion in 2003 but he had a suitcase title..so it don't matter what they present. It matters what has history. The title Bruno kept for 7 yrs...the title Austin won at WM 14...The title Rock outsmarted everyone to win at Survivor Series...

Roman and Cena were always presented as the best but they never were. Those titles follow suit.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
They presented Cripple H as the top champion in 2003 but he had a suitcase title..so it don't matter what they present. It matters what has history. The title Bruno kept for 7 yrs...the title Austin won at WM 14...The title Rock outsmarted everyone to win at Survivor Series...

Roman and Cena were always presented as the best but they never were. Those titles follow suit.
When the WHC was closing shows and the WWE title was opening or mid card, it was the bigger title at the time. When the WWE title was closing shows and the WHC title was opening or mid card, it was the bigger title at the time. Same goes for the Universal title. That's all this is and that's fact. Right now, clearly the WWE title is bigger because it closes shows or is higher on the card when it's on the same show as the WHC. This will likely be the reality for a long time to come. I don't see how they can make this new WHC bigger than the WWE title unless they totally fumble and put the WWE title on some jabroni no one cares about.

Don't let your fandom and bias blind you to the facts of reality.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I prefer Rock vs Roman than Cody vs Roman but the writing for how we got there was clearly rushed and poorly thought out.

I'd be lying my ass off if Rock and Roman face to face didn't grab me though. It did.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
What's cracking me up is the unwashed masses trying to rewrite history now. Acting like Rock was a Hogan-level politicker that never put anyone over when all of his peers confirmed the opposite.

The same dudes that shyt on Cody during his AEW run when he was playing the same character he is now. :mindblown:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What's cracking me up is the unwashed masses trying to rewrite history now. Acting like Rock was a Hogan-level politicker that never put anyone over when all of his peers confirmed the opposite.

The same dudes that shyt on Cody during his AEW run when he was playing the same character he is now. :mindblown:
Who would Brock, Angle, and Jericho be without the Rock? Unverified. Phonies. Uncredible. Brock used to get Goldberg chants..lol

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Let's also keep in mind everyone is 100% convinced if this match happens that Roman is beating The Rock too, so that'd be another time he puts someone over :pachaha:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe

People also saying Rock wouldn't sign autographs/greet/hug kids and all the stuff Cody does after shows when his appearance on SD with Theory, he did the exact same thing, like there isn't proof of it on Twitter. He even did this on his recent SD appearance. These narratives people craft up to justify their "frustration" is ridiculous.

Also saying, "You won't see Rock at house shows." Yeah duh, because he already busted his as at house shows early in his career to make this business what it is today. Rock had 202 matches in 1998, that's more in a year than what Cody Rhodes has ever done in one year of his career. Now tell me again how the Rock has never busted his ass for this business.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Internet smarks are literally wishing death upon the rock :smh:

Keep in mind not a word was said between rock and Roman on smackdown and nothing has been made official. Mf’s always looking for something to be mad about. IWC fake outrage culture has reached 2017 ‘me too’ levels of cringe.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
People also saying Rock wouldn't sign autographs/greet/hug kids and all the stuff Cody does after shows when his appearance on SD with Theory, he did the exact same thing, like there isn't proof of it on Twitter. He even did this on his recent SD appearance. These narratives people craft up to justify their "frustration" is ridiculous.

Also saying, "You won't see Rock at house shows." Yeah duh, because he already busted his as at house shows early in his career to make this business what it is today. Rock had 202 matches in 1998, that's more in a year than what Cody Rhodes has ever done in one year of his career. Now tell me again how the Rock has never busted his ass for this business.

I kid you not, I love Cody and openly acknowledge the writing for this is bad (so far at least)

And even I'm to the point where I'm actually enjoying Cody's dorky ass fans getting all riled and angry.

It makes more feelings about wanting Rock/Roman despite also wanting to see Cody win the belt less conflicting. Nothing more annoying than whiney cacs, and you know most of these dudes are exactly that. Like nah let them get mad, boo, and mash their dislike buttons :russ: