We've had a year. Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around? EDIT I was wrong w/ on new evidence

Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around?

• Yes

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
We're talking about Mike Brown assaulting Darren Wilson in his car though.

Dudes can't concede ANY arguments just showing how stubborn they truly are.

Mike Brown fukked up toying with Darren Wilson.

Should DW have continued to shoot him as he was fleeing? Probably not

But should DW have shot someone trying to punch him in his car? It seems justified. :manny:

How do you fight someone 140 feet away? Just say you hate black peoples so we can ban you.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Yes. I do think we backed the wrong horse on that one.

Here's the thing: Because we know FOR A FACT that Brown and Wilson got in an altercation and because we know FOR A FACT that Brown was not reluctant to use physical violence (as seen on the Store Video), I can within reason agree with the narrative that Darren Wilson fought Michael Brown and was within is legal rights to use his sidearm to defend himself.

For all of you saying: "But but the fight wasnt life endangering!! Wilsons bruises were superficial so his life couldn't have been in that much danger!!"

Look at that reasoning again. You're effectively telling someone to wait for an opponent to inflict life threatening injuries before they have the green light to use lethal force. During something as chaotic and face paced as a fight, no less.

Is it still quite possible that Brown DID surrender with his hands up/run away from Wilson? Yes those possibilities are very possible and given the distance Brown died from the car, likely. But even so, IMO Wilson still had every right to initially draw and fire his firearm during the altercation.

And no, this also doesnt mean I dont think Darren Wilson isn't a racist. This also doesn't mean I dont think the Ferguson/St. Louis PD and DA's and states attorney office also isn't racist, corrupt, biased, and handled the case poorly. And finally Im also not condoning George Zimmerman as he wasnt a LEO and there was no evidence to back that Trayvon Martin would've been an aggressive violent instigator.

dynamik

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You left out the interaction between DW and MB to cause MB to even be shot.

Why was DW fighting with MB INSIDE the window of his car?

The first thing we can all agree on is that THE POLICE'S FIRST INSTINCT IS TO LIE! With camera phones and social media, we've seen this time and time again.

Now with that in mind... remember that Dorian and other witnesses stated that Darren Wilson was pulling mike into the window of the SUV (an important physical fact, an elevated SUV)

Secondly, Darren Wilson stated that he was struck on the right side of his face to the point where he was going to lose consciousness (which is his whole reason for firing the first shot). Lets think about that for a bit... how is it possible for someone to strike the driver of a vehicle on the right side of the face, while standing outside of the drivers side window? Especially to the point where they lose consciousness (try it if you dont believe me). This sounds so bogus to anyone with a basic understanding of physics and how applied force works. This would have easily been refuted in a court of law, but unfortunately the prosecutor didn't let it get that far. It's a shame how he used the Grand Jury and cooked this case from the beginning.

buffruff

Banned
Daps
So how many things has OP been called a c00n in this thread already?

fukk Mike Brown I would rather riot over Trayvon Martin than that no good nikka, Mike wasnt really a good case to riot over since they had footage of him robbing some indian dude's store making us look like fools.

dynamik

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Mike Brown case exposed how the PD in Ferguson was running an extortion racket on black residents via phony traffic stops, tickets and arrests. When those residents couldn't afford to pay they were then jailed by the judicial system. Also, the racial makeup vs arrest disparity was cited multiple times.

The Mike Brown case showed that racist whites were being propped up by a racist system and that trying to do things "by the law" didn't help black residents. Even had the prosecutor in cahoots with law enforcement. You have to be a simple minded fukk to think that wasn't THE cause to rally around. Short of Baltimore fukkery you aren't going to get a better view of how racism works from an individual and systematic level in this country. Simple fools still focused on whether Mike Brown was a thug and if the officer was justified (:mjlol:) and keep missing the ways these CACS will twist shyt to fit a convenient narrative and paint one of their own a hero for killing a black person.

Also, negged.

This. The level of truth in this post is etherous.

buffruff

Banned
Daps
I mean that nikka got a memorial and a holiday, yet all the other blacks killed by cops dont why this nikka?