We've had a year. Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around? EDIT I was wrong w/ on new evidence

Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around?

• Yes

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
There have been better cases (and it pains me to say this) to rally around and promote issues of police brutality reform and the disparities of black criminal justice. I'm not really seeing a cut and dry case with Mike Brown. Theres been too much doubt introduced and I can't help but look back at all of the data in the case thus far.

1. We don't have the dispatch audio of why Darren Wilson (DW) pulled Mike Brown (MB) over
  2. We don't have the footage of MB fighting with DW
  3. We don't have reliable footage of DW shooting MB from witnesses
  4. We don't truly know if DW knew MB had just committed a robbery (which is why we need the dispatch audio
  5. we don't reliably know what MB said to DW or how he acted
  6. we don't know WHEN MB put his hands up in the air
  7. We do know DW was assaulted. Big no-no, even as a cop
  8. The witness testimony is incongruent. Too many people said "he had his hands up" and others say there was a scuffle before his hands were up.
DW is obviously a white supremacist. I get it. But...where or how did the case differ in how DW said it happened with MB?

I feel like a lot of people are too stubborn to look back and say, "Yeah, we jumped the gun on this one."

To this day, I can not justifiably look at the evidence, official and circumstantial, and say that DW was truly in the wrong or outside of his duties that day and that MB was as functionally as innocent in his interaction with DW as others have claimed.

To the clowns out there, Go ahead and 1-star this...Most of ya'll will do it regardless so get it out of your system. I know this is controversial...but I also know that'll be easier than discussing how justice might actually be handed down or how the facts of the case have influenced your opinion of these complex matters.
How the fukk is this dude in the green? :skip:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
How the fukk is this dude in the green? :skip:

he was deep in the red, but everytime you win WOAT poster they reset your rep on here. which is a stupid flaw imo.

he's like 6x woat hall of shamer.

I neg him whenever I can.

Everyone should do their part and neg him when they can so he can be back where he deserves to be. :blessed:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Everyone should do their part and neg him when they can so he can be back where he deserves to be. :blessed:
i happened to neg him on something unrelated to this like 24 hours before. then i saw the new revelations, the first thing that came to my mind was this thread. couldn't neg him for it, so i knew we needed a call to action. :wow:

breh more worried about russia and the big evil muslims than mike browns life. :pacspit:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why am I getting so much hate for my post? :why:
over-policing, rather than just police brutality

i know what you're getting at. i think it's a chicken or the egg honestly. you can have police brutality even without over policing and vice versa soooo it makes no difference. the community of ferguson has a problem with over-policing though if you look at their ticketing etc. the problem with mike brown wasnt over policing though. it was police brutality at its fullest. so stating one over the other in this scenario is what got you the hate.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Forget a neg. They need to suspend his thread making privileges. What good is it to constantly get WPOTY when the person doesn't face any consequences?

Ahhhhhh there is the old Napoleon. Few name changes and a lot of people forgot his old posting style.

This place really shouldn't allow so many name changes in a short period of time. You should only be allowed to change your name once. We've got people having 3 different names in one year.
full

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forget a neg. They need to suspend his thread making privileges. What good is it to constantly get WPOTY when the person doesn't face any consequences?
they should delete his account like he deleted his reddit account (negro_naploeon). but that's just one mans opinion. :dame:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
over-policing, rather than just police brutality

i know what you're getting at. i think it's a chicken or the egg honestly. you can have police brutality even without over policing and vice versa soooo it makes no difference. the community of ferguson has a problem with over-policing though if you look at their ticketing etc. the problem with mike brown wasnt over policing though. it was police brutality at its fullest. so stating one over the other in this scenario is what got you the hate.

I mean...I guess I can understand that, but Mike Brown's specific case wouldn't have happened without the problem of over-policing. I know the Ferguson area VERY well--Mike Brown died in the apartment complex my sister used to live in and about a mile away from my first apartment--so I was just offering my POV based on what I know.

Police brutality IS a problem, but in St. Louis County, it's a symptom of over-policing. I've been hemmed up by cops before because they were trying to either find something on me or charge me with something.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
they should delete his account like he deleted his reddit account (negro_naploeon). but that's just one mans opinion. :dame:

You know how sensitive this place gets about banning terrible posters. People will probably get mad because they'll say some dumb shyt about how this place needs different opinions. :scusthov: