Westside Gunn having another tantrum on twitter

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
I can't get into wrestling Breh. And I bet Nas didn't watch like these people back then and especially now.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Kind of...

Roc Marci paved that lane first. Roc started the avant garde rap style with the light drums, more experimental samples, etc. A lot of people trace it to Sean Price before Roc, but Roc definitely laid the sonic foundation for Griselda. No question. The wrestling references and bars were done heavy by Action and Meyhem (Outdoorsmen), and Smoke DZA before WSG. People on The Coli don't fukk with Action and that's fine. I'm not a huge fan of his raps either, but credit where it's due. He was on that wave. Corrensy was on the wave on frequent releases on vinyl and outside the mainstream system, and long tracks with stream of consciousness bars with no hooks. Covert Coup is like 11 years old and has maybe 1 or 2 hooks on the whole album.

Griselda has made a huge impact, no doubt. But West acting like he literally invented the sub genre is kind of silly, I think

DOOM is who really pioneered the no hook song structure.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

This mf so insecure and corny :francis:

And he acts like Roc Marc didn't give him a whole style to run with

And that rappers been rappin about wrestling for decades and Bronson turned it into a gimmick long before him

And Tyler had Drama on his album 2 years ago (a much better more successful album than anything Griselda have ever done) not to mention all the tapes Drama has dropped in the last month alone.

I could be here all day addressing all the bullshyt in these tweets.

Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
DOOM is who really pioneered the no hook song structure.
That's fair. I always thought Covert Coup was like a stoner version of Madvillainy, and that was one of the reasons why. I was kind if trying to avoid 2000's artists when talking about who came before WSG, because I think even in his own era there were cats that did some of what he was doing earlier. Sean Price and DOOM being two great examples. And even Ghostface on Supreme Clientele to an extent.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
One day we gonna wake up to

Ayo im sippin Malaysian Curry tea Koolaid out the Virgil Evian bottle and I realized…nikkas wasn’t even drinking water before me like……I was the first rapper to spit hydrogen-normative bars to influence these nikkas to hydrate themselves in this rap shyt but now everybody talkin Water this Water That...iight

@A.V. :heh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Never seen a more irrelevant artist complain and yell this loud. His album is probably gonna do what, maybe 4k first week? "Make NY sound like NY again" yet when was NY rapping over drumless loops in the 90s besides a couple isolated examples? Even the drums he does use are stale and slow as fukk compared to the break beats and boom bap of the 90s.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Is he lying tho?
Yes.

There is really nothing on there that he started.
His uniqueness is the combination of all those things, and nobody else does all of those things.

It's interesting that he knows what everyone is doing today, but not what they were doing before him. Vinyl? :mjlol:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Y'all always get triggered by Gunn talking shyt on Twitter :mjlol:

Rappers been saying they started such and such before social media was even a thing.

It ain't that serious.
I think him shytting on the people and his peers is different from saying you started something

But that's just me though

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yes.

There is really nothing on there that he started.
His uniqueness is the combination of all those things, and nobody else does all of those things.

It's interesting that he knows what everyone is doing today, but not what they were doing before him. Vinyl? :mjlol:
The combination of things ain’t even him. Like I and other people said. nikka owe his career to Roc Marci paving his lane for him.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The combination of things ain’t even him. Like I and other people said. nikka owe his career to Roc Marci paving his lane for him.
I agree on a lot of the things but the fashion? Roc seems fashion interested but on a normal level not wearing man bags that look like purses and other outrageous "high fashion" things like Rocky, Kanye, 3K and now of course Westside.

And another thing he got is his voice, but he didn't choose that