Westside Gunn having another tantrum on twitter

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Is he lying tho?
Kind of...

Roc Marci paved that lane first. Roc started the avant garde rap style with the light drums, more experimental samples, etc. A lot of people trace it to Sean Price before Roc, but Roc definitely laid the sonic foundation for Griselda. No question. The wrestling references and bars were done heavy by Action and Meyhem (Outdoorsmen), and Smoke DZA before WSG. People on The Coli don't fukk with Action and that's fine. I'm not a huge fan of his raps either, but credit where it's due. He was on that wave. Corrensy was on the wave on frequent releases on vinyl and outside the mainstream system, and long tracks with stream of consciousness bars with no hooks. Covert Coup is like 11 years old and has maybe 1 or 2 hooks on the whole album.

Griselda has made a huge impact, no doubt. But West acting like he literally invented the sub genre is kind of silly, I think

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I was in the Liz thread talking about this nikkas delusions but Griselda fans were telling me that this nikka was rich and straight with his place in rap This dude acts like he was the only dude on earth that watched wrestling as a kid.

He made NYC cats rap like NYC cats. Yet all his first guest appearances we're from NYC cats who rapped like NYC cats. Only people he made want to rap again was dudes who quit then heard this nikka ruining good beats with his incoherent dope fiend ramblings in a whiny voice.

He doesn't have to worry about if dudes fukk with him because he sees his streaming numbers and knows that they don't. How are you known for being the worst rapper on your own albums consistently?

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seems like his usual shiit talking....:manny:
u dudes seem to take it serious and stuff

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kind of...

Roc Marci paved that lane first. Roc started the avant garde rap style with the light drums, more experimental samples, etc. A lot of people trace it to Sean Price before Roc, but Roc definitely laid the sonic foundation for Griselda. No question. The wrestling references and bars were done heavy by Action and Meyhem (Outdoorsmen), and Smoke DZA before WSG. People on The Coli don't fukk with Action and that's fine. I'm not a huge fan of his raps either, but credit where it's due. He was on that wave. Corrensy was on the wave on frequent releases on vinyl and outside the mainstream system, and long tracks with stream of consciousness bars with no hooks. Covert Coup is like 11 years old and has maybe 1 or 2 hooks on the whole album.

Griselda has made a huge impact, no doubt. But West acting like he literally invented the sub genre is kind of silly, I think
Even the merch and all that. nikka got that shyt straight from Roc and the thing about Roc is Roc actually PRODUCED his sound HIMSELF. Lol.

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
So you saying the "leaders" of goon rap didn't start goon rap?? :wtf:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I was in the Liz thread talking about this nikkas delusions but Griselda fans were telling me that this nikka was rich and straight with his place in rap This dude acts like he was the only dude on earth that watched wrestling as a kid.

He made NYC cats rap like NYC cats. Yet all his first guest appearances we're from NYC cats who rapped like NYC cats. Only people he made want to rap again was dudes who quit then heard this nikka ruining good beats with his incoherent dope fiend ramblings in a whiny voice.

He doesn't have to worry about if dudes fukk with him because he sees his streaming numbers and knows that they don't. How are you known for being the worst rapper on your own albums consistently?
This is what I don't like about West. You can't have it both ways. You're either a boss and comfortable with your position in the game or you're not. He's clearly not. He's super insecure and his twitter posts expose him. I legitimately think it undercuts his music. Conway and Benny whine sometimes on social media too, but West is by far the worst of the 3 with his constant complaining. Let other people talk about how great you are. Just do your thing.

I remember when West had all this talk about how he's not really a rapper and was really an artist and curator just playing his hand at rapping, and then complained the same year that he didn't make some top 10 rappers of the year list. It's like which is it, West? He's always trying to play both sides.

His music is super dope but damn he's annoying

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
That wrestling shyt is what people like, like the people who post at undergroundhiphop.com. All those nerds love that shyt, they still follow shyt they used to watch as children.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
This goofy lookin and actin ass corn :camby:
Even Nas said “slamming like Iron Sheik”