Wesley Snipes on Returning to the Blade Franchise

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just want to see an actual black man as the lead character on any superhero / fantasy movie.
Between Spider-Man, Batman, Captain America, etc. I'm very sick of the 'scrawny white dude grows into a superhero' story.

And hell, if we're going to see Batman's parents get killed *again* in Batman vs. Superman, then we can certainly do with seeing Blade's origin again.

Isn't crazy that the first Blade basically jolted the Superhero movies Box Office :eat: potential on a hundred, thousand, trillion:whew:

...but, I can't even name one BLACKEXCELLENCE Superhero/Fantasy flick since:mjpls:

Respect to my Real African Queen' Dr. Karen, for reppin the Sistahs on the Big screen:myman:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Isn't crazy that the first Blade basically jolted the Superhero movies Box Office :eat: potential on a hundred, thousand, trillion:whew:

I've noticed how both the media and regular folks on the internet don't really bring this up these days. They attribute the rise of modern superhero films to the first X-Men and Spider-Man flicks and tend to ignore Blade and it's impact completely. How curious. :mjpls:

Before Blade came along, superhero movies were on deaths door due to catastrophic flops like Steel and the 90's Batman films. Blade came along and changed the game, and made superhero films viable to this day. Modern superhero films can all be traced back to that one movie.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-12/unsung-hero-how-blade-helped-save-comic-book-movie

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Throw him in the Avengers asap:wow:

Blade attaching an explosive to the back of Ironmans head just in case:banderas:

Showing up to the set with a W.W.B.D wristband,so he never forgets:mjcry:

Theyll probaly try to make him what Batista was in GOTG.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I've noticed how both the media and regular folks on the internet don't really bring this up these days. They attribute the rise of modern superhero films to the first X-Men and Spider-Man flicks and tend to ignore Blade and it's impact completely. How curious. :mjpls:

Before Blade came along, superhero movies were on deaths door due to catastrophic flops like Steel and the 90's Batman films. Blade came along and changed the game, and made superhero films viable to this day. Modern superhero films can all be traced back to that one movie.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-12/unsung-hero-how-blade-helped-save-comic-book-movie

None of the batman films flopped money wise. Critically yes

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I don't know, Blade is too rough, espcially in this post 9/11 world.
:dahell:

220px-Blade_II_movie.jpg

Came out 6 Months after 9/11. How could it be too rough? "Underworld" franchise is basically kinda of a Blade knockoff just with a woman as a "Daywalker". Now Rough in comparison to other Marvel movies? Yes I agree with that but it's not with what's in the market.
Wait what!? No offense but do you live under a rock? None of the Blade movies "rough" compared to many of the materials that are out these days. Things were actually more censored back then. Blade to rough for this post 9/11 world? lol. Guess you never watched Game of Thrones where women get raped and even paraded nude around a city. Maybe I just read this post out of context. IDK.
This.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dwillhuh: So...folks keep asking for a "Blade" 4, but nobody has mentioned that the Blade Trilogy are Warner Bros. films?

It's a safe bet that a potential "Blade" project will be a Reboot, not a sequel.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:dwillhuh: So...folks keep asking for a "Blade" 4, but nobody has mentioned that the Blade Trilogy are Warner Bros. films?

It's a safe bet that a potential "Blade" project will be a Reboot, not a sequel.

Marvel was in debt so they licensed the movie rights out to help them stay afloat at the time. They weren't Warner Films originally, The original films were developed under New Line Cinema which at the time was owned by Ted Turner. When Ted Turner sold all his properties to Aol Time Warner they acquired the films by default.