We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Don't know why the fukk they signed Vince until 2017... But trade the guy.

Go away with Jeff Green...

Do something with Allen's shooting...

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Be careful what you wish for. No big time free agents trying to come to Memphis. This will be a very long rebuild and would take lots of luck in the draft.

I remember what it was like when you could get 3rd row Grizzlies tickets for 70 dollars.
nah, I've thought this through. it's time to move on. this team is old and have become redundant. I'm not keeping this group intact just because people are scared of change.

the hawks broke up the iso joe/j-smoove crew, changed their philosophy, made smart moves, and are now in the ECF. I'm done being a treadmill and just being seen as a "tough out".

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
nah, I've thought this through. it's time to move on. this team is old and have become redundant. I'm not keeping this group intact just because people are scared of change.

the hawks broke up the iso joe/j-smoove crew, changed their philosophy, made smart moves, and are now in the ECF. I'm done being a treadmill and just being seen as a "tough out".

The Hawks also kept two of their 3 best players with that change. This Grizzlies plan involves them losing two of their best 3.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Blow it Up. fukk this moral victory shyt. 2-1 at the crib, and blow it. yet again.

Big spain: love ya, but you gotta go. you ain't worth $100 million

Z-bo: played hard, but is a liability on D.

Tony allen: he can go too. can't have this poor excuse of a shooter as one of your best 5-6 players. No.

courtney lee: man I don't even know. I guess he can be a solid 5th option. But he can go too.

Mike conley: the leader of this team. Boy got heart:salute:

I'll get to that scrub impersonating a basketball player later.

@triplehate @Keengcong @thaKEAF @Barry Sanders @RiffRaff @tr2k. I know I'm missing others. come in here and vent.
:mjlol:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Marc played better in the playoffs then he did in the regular season but his assists suffered. I like the 5 blocks he got and the double doubles but he was a great passer as well. I didnt see too many cuts to the basket this series.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps

:russ:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Roster Reload: Grizzlies must retain Gasol and acquire some shooting

2014-15 record
: 55-27
Pythagorean record: 50-32
Offensive Rating: 103.1 (13th)
Defensive Rating: 99.9 (4th)

Under Contract for 2015-16
Player Salary RPM WARP
Mike Conley $9,388,426 1.8 7.8
Zach Randolph $9,638,555 4.8 7.2
Tony Allen $5,168,539 4.1 2.7
Vince Carter $4,088,019 -2.0 0.7
Courtney Lee $5,675,000 -1.0 0.5
Jarnell Stokes $845,059 -1.6 0.4
Jordan Adams $1,404,600 -2.4 0.3

Draft picks
Own first-round pick (25th)

Projected cap space

Maximum: $26.6 million
Minimum: $0
Likely: $0

What's returning
Point guard Mike Conley is entering the final season of a five-year, $40 extension that was panned when he signed it but has proven to be one of the league's best bargains. While the depth of the Western Conference has kept Conley out of the All-Star Game, his untimely playoff injury helped reinforce his value to the Grizzlies.

Memphis signed Zach Randolph to a two-year extension before last season, which had been the last on his contract, and he's set to make a reasonable $20 million over that span. Randolph, who turns 34 in July, has shown few signs of slowing down on the court.

Starting wings Tony Allen and Courtney Lee are also both under contract, as is veteran backup Vince Carter. As the Grizzlies have attempted to upgrade their shooting, Allen has proven difficult to keep out of the starting lineup because of his elite one-on-one defense. Lee is the team's best all-around wing player, a capable defender who shot 40.2 percent from 3-point range. Memphis will hope for a bounceback from Carter, who struggled with injuries, though such maladies might be inevitable for Carter at age 38.

The Grizzlies' 2014 draft picks, Jordan Adams and Jarnell Stokes, saw little action as rookies. Both showed promise in limited opportunities and may be ready to compete for more minutes in year two.

Free agents
All eyes will be on center Marc Gasol, one of the top unrestricted free agents on the market. Gasol has established deep roots in Memphis, having attended high school in the area while his brother Pau played for the Grizzlies before playing all seven of his NBA seasons with the organization. As a result, it's hard to see Gasol choosing to head elsewhere.

Gasol's backup, Kosta Koufos, is also an unrestricted free agent and more likely to find a new home. Koufos has been productive in limited minutes behind and alongside Gasol. He figures to get a raise from the $3 million he made this season and could even end up a starter in the right situation.

Forward Jeff Green, acquired from the Boston Celtics midseason, has a decision between making $9.2 million in the final year of his contract or hitting free agency. A big postseason might have improved Green's chances of cashing in on a long-term deal, but he struggled after joining the Grizzlies. That might make waiting until the cap goes up in the summer of 2016 more prudent.

Biggest need: Shooting
Copy and paste this section from last year's Memphis offseason preview ... and the year before ... and the year before. The Grizzlies' Grit-and-Grind style causes problems for opponents, but ultimately they've found it difficult to score enough to beat elite opposition like the San Antonio Spurs in the 2013 Western Conference finals and the Golden State Warriors this season.

Despite efforts to add shooters, Memphis still finished 29th in both makes and attempts from 3-point range and 22nd in percentage. In particular, the bench's shooting was an issue. Carter shot just 29.7 percent from beyond the arc, backup point guard Beno Udrih 25.6 percent and combo guard Nick Calathes 24.1 percent.

Biggest question: How do the Grizzlies reach the next level?
A 15-2 start and an 11-1 stretch after the Green trade suggested that Memphis could compete with anyone. And, given that the Grizzlies led their series with the Warriors 2-1, perhaps that is true. However, Golden State dominated the series overall, and Memphis' point differential during the regular season (plus-3.2) ranked sixth in the Western Conference, far behind teams like the Warriors (plus-10.1), L.A. Clippers (plus-6.6) and San Antonio Spurs (plus-3.2). With the Grizzlies' big men in their 30s, it's tough to see how they close that gap. Memphis can hang around in the hopes of a breakthrough like the Dallas Mavericks enjoyed en route to the 2011 championship, but the Grizzlies are going to need a lucky break like the Mavericks got adding Tyson Chandler on the cheap.

Ideal offseason
Gasol quickly and quietly re-ups for five more years in the mid-South. Green opts in, and the Grizzlies deal him and Vince Carter to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford and Spencer Hawes, giving them more shooting off the bench. Adams becomes a rotation player, giving Memphis a deep perimeter group, albeit not one with much size.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
please. you and that other nikka gil were sounding like some bytches after game 3. you've been an insecure clown for a minute. fukk outta here with this passive hoe shyt.
Show one post of me sounding like a bytch after game 3 and I'll rep your fakkit ass. But if not :ufdup:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
do you guys expect marc to stay as long as he gets the max? i remember reading thats what hes looking for the most. or does this loss put a bad taste in his mouth and he will really think about leaving?