We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
:what:

conley doesnt have to be star. he runs the team very well. you see how he made lillard look and his foot was messed up. and george hill :what:

the gasol sign and trade sounds good but them picks would be late in the first round if the knicks are good.

trade z-bo for the 20th pick. the grizz could probably find a team that needs a big and get a player or two or a better draft pick.

and lee worth more than kirk and doug.

the grizzlies get fleeced by your scenarios.

1. Yes Conley is a very good player and runs your system effectively, but PG is very saturated, and you'll have to max him out to keep him past 2016.

2. I understand the picks the Grizzlies would receive for this year's draft would be 20 or later, but this is a good draft. If you don't believe me, ask @Potier @Malta @Flight23 about this draft for picks 20 or later.

3. Trading Z-Bo as well as everyone on this roster is all about tanking and stockpiling picks. Sure you might turn Z-Bo into a couple of solid players, but those players that would be accquired won't put you over the hump. Not too mention your 1st round picks are top 5 protected from 2016-2016, so it doesn't hurt to be god awful for a couple of years.

4. Just for some food for thought, I'll mention some players picked after the lottery from 2010-2013
Jimmy Butler; Greek Freak, Goebert, Draymond Green, Kawhi, Kenneth Faried, Vucci Mane, Tobias Harris, Larry Sanders, and Chandler Parsons to name a few.

Stockpile on picks and tank for a few years

OR

Continue to be good, but not quite good :ld:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
battier
mayo
rudy
qpon
lee
conley
bayless
VC
miller

that's more than enough shooting. and we never utilize it. only shoot 3's when we have to(completely open, or late shot clock), not when we want too.

the 2011 team was a prime example of the shooting. they went away from it and also got rid of alot them players. rudy never had problem with pulling for a 3. and i was against qpon being traded. and i like battier as well. teams dont respect the grizzlies outside shooting and havent.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
You guys should have traded Zbo for that two years ago. I think its been known for a while that you can't win with those two post guys cloggin up the lane. But you don't give up Gasol. You play in the toughest division in the league and you would regret not signing him, esp since you are a small market team. Koufus :scust:
z-bo shouldn't have been resigned. you won't get an argument from me, but tying 35-40 million into gasol/zach/allen, all over 30, is not the smartest move either.

and koufos can play. he may not score, but he's solid in other areas. and he and conley would master that PnR.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
1. Yes Conley is a very good player and runs your system effectively, but PG is very saturated, and you'll have to max him out to keep him past 2016.

2. I understand the picks the Grizzlies would receive for this year's draft would be 20 or later, but this is a good draft. If you don't believe me, ask @Potier @Malta @Flight23 about this draft for picks 20 or later.

3. Trading Z-Bo as well as everyone on this roster is all about tanking and stockpiling picks. Sure you might turn Z-Bo into a couple of solid players, but those players that would be accquired won't put you over the hump. Not too mention your 1st round picks are top 5 protected from 2016-2016, so it doesn't hurt to be god awful for a couple of years.

4. Just for some food for thought, I'll mention some players picked after the lottery from 2010-2013
Jimmy Butler; Greek Freak, Goebert, Draymond Green, Kawhi, Kenneth Faried, Vucci Mane, Tobias Harris, Larry Sanders, and Chandler Parsons to name a few.

Stockpile on picks and tank for a few years

OR

Continue to be good, but not quite good :ld:

all that sounds good about drafting. but some players thrive because of the team their on. do you think kwahi would have been the same if the pacers didnt trade him? i get what your saying and all. but i just dont see marc a franchise player. he gets passive and plays soft at time.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
z-bo shouldn't have been resigned. you won't get an argument from me, but tying 35-40 million into gasol/zach/allen, all over 30, is not the smartest move either.

and koufos can play. he may not score, but he's solid in other areas. and he and conley would master that PnR.

z-bo took less to stay tho. they wanted marc to be the 1st option and it seems like he aint ready for that. i like koufus as well but i dont know if he should be starting. he should be playing more minutes. i think the grizzlies decided to take the good and the bad with tony.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
all that sounds good about drafting. but some players thrive because of the team their on. do you think kwahi would have been the same if the pacers didnt trade him? i get what your saying and all. but i just dont see marc a franchise player. he gets passive and plays soft at time.

I don't know if Kawhi would be as good on the Pacers, but the Pacers have turned late picks into solid/great players(George; Hibbert, Lance), so who knows? :manny:

I agree with you on Gasol, he's not a franchise player, and I think the FO should trade everyone and tank.

I'mma go get ready for bed, so I'm done for tonight :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
Breh Conley is very good but he's not a star. I know he has heart, but if you seek to rebuild, it makes the most sense to ship everyone. Your first round picks are top 5 protected from 2016-2018. Although the draft is perceived to be weak/mediocre next year, your team has a bunch of tradable assets.

Sign and trade Gasol to NYK for their 2018 and 2020 picks(Dolan would force Phil to accept that deal)
Trade Z-BO for Toronto's 1st rounder pick(pick 20) this year. It's a good draft, so a late pick is valuable
Ship Conley to Indiana for George Hill and their 2016 1st(lotto protected for 2016-2017)
Trade Courtney Lee to Chicago for McDermott; Hinrich, and their 2015 1st(pick 22)

Doing this you'd have 3 picks this year in a deep draft; three top 5 picks from 2016-2018(assuming you are awful), and three extra picks in the future(from the Conley and Gasol trades)

The Grizzlies play in a small market with no franchise player on the roster, if you want to rebuild, you have to truly rebuild. Ain't no half in half out shyt, if a new direction is what you want, now is the time to embrace the tank and blow it up completely.

Why in the fukk would chicago trade a 1st, McDermott for Courtney Lee? Coli GM's at it again.. Worst post of the year nominee

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I say keep Marc and Conley. Everyone else can go because it's obvious just trying to fill in the wing position isn't working. I love ZBo and Tony but it's time to move on, mainly with ZBo we could still keep Tony but he does not need to be a starter. Don't get me started on Jeff Green :snoop: I was happy when we got him but he is so trash that he had me wishing we kept Tayshaun who I hated most of the time. Also who the hell is scouting for us? When was the last time we drafted someone who made an impact? Vasquez in 2011 then we traded him? There have been opportunities to add some key pieces late in the draft.

I couldn't even watch last night cause I knew what was coming :sadbron:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Why in the fukk would chicago trade a 1st, McDermott for Courtney Lee? Coli GM's at it again.. Worst post of the year nominee

Chicago needs an athletic wing that can shoot. Throw him on the perimeter with Rose and Butler, Chicago can run more and can give Jimmy a break guarding the teams's best player aall day.
@beaniemac @GoldenGlove @red222 would throw parades if they got Courtney Lee for just their 1st(pick 22) and McDermott(a lot of Coli Bulls fans think he's a bust).