We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
aint trading conley. z-bo has a few more good years left. you can have lee.

Breh Conley is very good but he's not a star. I know he has heart, but if you seek to rebuild, it makes the most sense to ship everyone. Your first round picks are top 5 protected from 2016-2018. Although the draft is perceived to be weak/mediocre next year, your team has a bunch of tradable assets.

Sign and trade Gasol to NYK for their 2018 and 2020 picks(Dolan would force Phil to accept that deal)
Trade Z-BO for Toronto's 1st rounder pick(pick 20) this year. It's a good draft, so a late pick is valuable
Ship Conley to Indiana for George Hill and their 2016 1st(lotto protected for 2016-2017)
Trade Courtney Lee to Chicago for McDermott; Hinrich, and their 2015 1st(pick 22)

Doing this you'd have 3 picks this year in a deep draft; three top 5 picks from 2016-2018(assuming you are awful), and three extra picks in the future(from the Conley and Gasol trades)

The Grizzlies play in a small market with no franchise player on the roster, if you want to rebuild, you have to truly rebuild. Ain't no half in half out shyt, if a new direction is what you want, now is the time to embrace the tank and blow it up completely.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
The team was just never right after the all star break. When we lost control of the 2nd seed I knew we were in trouble, but they never did come out and tell what happened with the team. I'd be curious to see if any stories come out during the summer.

Conley is the Grizzlies, he's the engine that makes everything go. Joerger should have rested him more in the 2nd half of the season when he was playing through various injuries. Udrih can stay as a backup but Nick's gotta go, get that cac outta Memphis. Russ Smith should get playing time

Jordan Adams should start. Yeah I said it, he should've been playing already because he's shown flashes of being a scorer not afraid to take the big shot all year. CLee can stay cause when he's on we need his three point shooting but if he's a sg afraid to shoot than he doesn't deserve to be starting

Tony Allen has to have a reduced role because he's too much of a liability on offense to keep him on the floor for 30 plus minutes. I love Vince because of who he is but if he's not gonna be the Vince that Dallas had than he's got to go. We needed his shooting and he failed to deliver all year. Jeff Green was by far the most disappointing player this season, he really is a poor man's Rudy Gay. He isn't worth what we gave up for him. He never looked comfortable in the system but even more disturbing than that he didn't seem to fit in with the team.

ZBo's my favorite player so I won't get on him as much, he had a resurgence for a couple months this season and I applaud him taking a step back to let Gasol and Conley run the team. I just pray he has a few more good years left in him. Either Jam. Green or Leuer need to get playing time. There's no way they should be rotting on the bench.

Gasol started off so promising. It looked like he was accepting the reigns as leader of the team from Z-Bo and he turned into an unstoppable offensive force to go with his defensive capabilities. If that Gasol finished out the season then we would've beat the Warriors and had a great chance to win it all. Something happened after the all star break though, he reverted back into passive Marc and his body language during games got worse and worse. He ended up being a disappointment and not worth the max money that teams are offering to him. Koufos is good as gone, he was a legitimate c but he had no offensive moves at all

I really felt this was the year we'd get over the hump and make the NBA Finals. Now I don't know if we'll ever get there, OKC will be back next season and the Warriors, Clippers and Rockets aren't going anywhere. Not to mention the Spurs might make another run. We're only getting older, I just pray the window hasn't been shut yet.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
We've had shooting for the last 5 years. shooting has never been the issue; it's the system. you can't run a double-post offense with non-dominant bigs.

players are discouraged to shoot 3's. everything is "feed the post", "feed the bigs". Damn how the defense is playing them. This has to go. It's too predictable and joerger is scared to tell switch up the offense.

the 2011 team had shooters. after that :smh: no one respects the grizzlies perimeter. conley has stepped beno mid range game nice and lee when he decides to show up but beside that teams leave guys open.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It's time for you guys to blow it up, for 5 years you guys have been experimenting with perimeters players and it hasn't worked out. ZBO time is up.. he is getting old, and I don't see Memphis getting passes Warriors/Thunder/Even the Rockets for a few years.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh Conley is very good but he's not a star. I know he has heart, but if you seek to rebuild, it makes the most sense to ship everyone. Your first round picks are top 5 protected from 2016-2018. Although the draft is perceived to be weak/mediocre next year, your team has a bunch of tradable assets.

Sign and trade Gasol to NYK for their 2018 and 2020 picks(Dolan would force Phil to accept that deal)
Trade Z-BO for Toronto's 1st rounder pick(pick 20) this year. It's a good draft, so a late pick is valuable
Ship Conley to Indiana for George Hill and their 2016 1st(lotto protected for 2016-2017)
Trade Courtney Lee to Chicago for McDermott; Hinrich, and their 2015 1st(pick 22)

Doing this you'd have 3 picks this year in a deep draft; three top 5 picks from 2016-2018(assuming you are awful), and three extra picks in the future(from the Conley and Gasol trades)

The Grizzlies play in a small market with no franchise player on the roster, if you want to rebuild, you have to truly rebuild. Ain't no half half out shyt, if a new direction is what you want, now is the time to embrace the tank and blow it up completely.

:wtf:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome

The Grizzlies play in a small market with no franchise player on the roster, if you want to rebuild, you have to truly rebuild. Ain't no half half out shyt, if a new direction is what you want, now is the time to embrace the tank and blow it up completely.

:what:

conley doesnt have to be star. he runs the team very well. you see how he made lillard look and his foot was messed up. and george hill :what:

the gasol sign and trade sounds good but them picks would be late in the first round if the knicks are good.

trade z-bo for the 20th pick. the grizz could probably find a team that needs a big and get a player or two or a better draft pick.

and lee worth more than kirk and doug.

the grizzlies get fleeced by your scenarios.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'd take Tony Allen on the Lakers. God knows they need anybody with a pulse who can defend on the perimeter. You want Nick Young for him? :ehh:

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
the 2011 team had shooters. after that :smh: no one respects the grizzlies perimeter. conley has stepped beno mid range game nice and lee when he decides to show up but beside that teams leave guys open.
battier
mayo
rudy
qpon
lee
conley
bayless
VC
miller

that's more than enough shooting. and we never utilize it. only shoot 3's when we have to(completely open, or late shot clock), not when we want too.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
it ain't about replacing him. it's about using that money to upgrade the wings and the bench. I'm content with koufos starting.

You guys should have traded Zbo for that two years ago. I think its been known for a while that you can't win with those two post guys cloggin up the lane. But you don't give up Gasol. You play in the toughest division in the league and you would regret not signing him, esp since you are a small market team. Koufus :scust: