Went to California, here's my review. long read with cliffs at top, no pics.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Cali ain't nothing but weed/beaches/traffic. If you don't smoke or like smoking like that you lost half the fun, beaches are cool, and traffic is probably the worst in the country if we talking LA area. It ain't live enough like the A. My boy wen't for like three days and said 2 of those days was in traffic.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
Cali was cool. I loved in n out. Mission Beach was cool. There were a lot of homeless people and everything was ridiculously expensive. The damn zoo was 50 a person. But the food was good and the weather was perfect. If visiting you just need to have a plan. It's not a place you can wander around like NYC and find something interesting.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What about Taco Tuesday

I was talking to a chick that lives out there and that's all she talks about, Taco fukking Tuesday

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no one is saying in & out is the holy grail of food either. but it's the freshiest, cheapest fast food you're going to get. it's literally cheaper to get a combo @ in&out than it is at a burger king or mcdonalds

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
There are a lot of places don't live up to their hype. It doesn't necessarily mean they're wack. This is why when I travel now I try to have no expectations. I found I usually have a better time this way.

No shots at the OP :whoa: but when he said he saw nothing but Latinos out there and felt like he was in Mexico or Central America, would one expect otherwise? Then again, I'm the type that if I saw nothing but Mexicans working in Roscoes instead of being :damn: I'd probably be :ehh:. At least I know that means the food would be coming out quick :umad:

Any time I've been to Cali I've ate good, met some good people, seen some dope scenery, and gotten love from shorties :yeshrug:

Cali is alright with me

002079_48.jpg

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Been to LA a few times. Decent but not my thing. Thought Roscoes was mad overrated too as there's Chicken and Waffle joints in the Chi better. In and Out was trash. Burger wasn't no better than Wendys and the fries was garbage. Great weather though

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
For those of you trippin over in & outburger, its a throwback to the 60's burger joints.

The reason for the limited menu.

Also

You :ufdup: if you didnt know about the secret menu.:ooh:

:shaq:

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
It sounds like you only went to one little cluster of cities. There's a lot more places in California than LA county, Bakersfield, San Bernadino and Riverside.

If "lack of black people" is your major complaint, then come up to northern California....and no I don't mean San Francisco, I mean waaaay up north. Sometimes I feel like people who are not from California don't even know we exist. Sacramento has plenty of black people til your hearts content. Traffic isn't as bad either. If you travel further north you could go to Chico California where the Sierra Nevada Brewery is. Its mostly wine country and agriculture up here but you'll be away from the traffic and the homeless infestation.

and i'm not a smoker, but if weed is you're thing, I know that Humboldt county apparently has the best weed in the country, if not the world. Hell, its the birthplace of the "420" movement.

Last edited: