Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
You never seen Serpent and the Rainbow?

No, I need to. That dropped in 88 though. Damn near every recent zombie film that I've seen has been, ________(insert virus here), or some random reason behind the dead walking. Even the shytty ones that are straight to dvd/vod status, rely on science.

It was cool getting that reference and them shytting on the mystical/magical/all-knowing minority trope.

Days of Future Past for me breh

I like that movie too, but the lack of them using Quicksilver bugs the fukk out of me, when I reflect on the story.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:popcorn:

I might regret this but...
@Prodigal Syndicate speak on it breh :mjpls:
Personally winter soldier is a 7.5/10.

Which for me makes it one of the best marvel movies :heh:

But you know how it is with marvel films. People go into hyperbole over drive. Dudes come so out of pocket calling gotg the new star wars and saying star wars has to take notes. :dead:

Like, really? Gotg was okay. I hated the fact every alien looked like they threw paint on them and called it a day.

Anyway, everyones infected with "marvelitis" its just pure hype. You cant take anybody seriously. As soon as the comic book movie bubble pops most of these marvel flicks will be looked at poorly. They dont hold up at all.

So when marvel releases even a decent flick like winter soldier people lose their minds like its the greatest thing ever created.

And arguing with them is like trying to tell some 25 year old white kid from south dakota who only listens to rock and eminem that eminem isnt the goat.

Im ranting here but winter soldier i dont have many complaints, it was an enjoyable popcorn flick but dudes get so out of pocket with their marvelitis.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah, it was entertaining (I saw it twice in the theaters!) but some people go overboard. You got some people calling it a great political thriller and then others saying it is a better action movie than both of The Raid movies.
:mjlol: @ political thriller. Ive seen cheerio commercials closer to the political thriller genre.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Horror for the most part is such a subpar genre I completely forgot about this thread's existence and a reason to care.

Top 10 list was blech, I think every slasher outside of Halloween is overrated so half the list is basura to me but at least Hellraiser made it in the top 10. Despite audacious claims that it doesn't deserve that spot, it most certainly does. It's like an S&M bondage themed H.P. Lovecraft type demonic worship/awakening story.

"No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering."

Oh, and The Thing not being top 3 is a crime against cinema itself. :ufdup:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Horror for the most part is such a subpar genre I completely forgot about this thread's existence and a reason to care.

Top 10 list was blech, I think every slasher outside of Halloween is overrated so half the list is basura to me but at least Hellraiser made it in the top 10. Despite audacious claims that it doesn't deserve that spot, it most certainly does. It's like an S&M bondage themed H.P. Lovecraft type demonic worship/awakening story.

"No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering."

Oh, and The Thing not being top 3 is a crime against cinema itself. :ufdup:

Everything you said except the part about Hellraiser is completely wrong. Horror is in no way subpar and its actually one of the most celebrated genres and has the most diehard fans and cult classics...the fact that you "forgot this thread" and have no reason to care is your problem. Truth is that the list is great and it demonstrates that the coli brehs have great taste in horror, recognize classics, and also have diverse tastes in indie horror, comedy horror, and meta horror. It seems as if the genre is not for you, and that's fine. But we love it.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Ok, I just finished Black Christmas again and it may be the greatest slasher ever made...the atmosphere, the villain, the sound, everything is perfect. And that ending...:damn::damn::damn:

It really is just a perfect film
clark knew what he was doing man, no crazy weapons and loud music but just simple realistic scenes of mental torture for the viewers..damn you billy.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
That final tracking shot from inside to outside the house...Billy...:throwintowel:
that is all you need man, that is how you leave your audience scared the fukk out and feel the wrath of the killer all in your crib..
remember in the interview for the onscreen documentary clark claims that he came up with the basic idea of Halloween (including its title) as a hypothetical sequel to Black Christmas; he later gave the idea to John Carpenter.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
that is all you need man, that is how you leave your audience scared the fukk out and feel the wrath of the killer all in your crib..
remember in the interview for the onscreen documentary clark claims that he came up with the basic idea of Halloween (including its title) as a hypothetical sequel to Black Christmas; he later gave the idea to John Carpenter.
I know breh. Damn, Black Christmas may have cracked my top 10 if I watched it sooner...one of the few movies to this day that scares me

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know breh. Damn, Black Christmas may have cracked my top 10 if I watched it sooner...one of the few movies to this day that scares me

The opening creepy silent night music showing the house :banderas:

The kills felt so real, very well acted movie. It's a shame it does not get the credit it deserves.

"The caller is in the house, the calls are coming from inside of the house" :damn: