Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Ok, I just finished Black Christmas again and it may be the greatest slasher ever made...the atmosphere, the villain, the sound, everything is perfect. And that ending...:damn::damn::damn:

It really is just a perfect film

That's why I had to put it so high on my list, it was just..:wow:

On a side note I have my list ready for the Thriller/Suspense list. Was more difficult than I thought.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's why I had to put it so high on my list, it was just..:wow:

On a side note I have my list ready for the Thriller/Suspense list. Was more difficult than I thought.

I'm tallying the list and I have like two movies...Can't wait to get to work

And I still side with the king but you two are more than welcome to your opinions

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything you said except the part about Hellraiser is completely wrong. Horror is in no way subpar and its actually one of the most celebrated genres and has the most diehard fans and cult classics...the fact that you "forgot this thread" and have no reason to care is your problem. Truth is that the list is great and it demonstrates that the coli brehs have great taste in horror, recognize classics, and also have diverse tastes in indie horror, comedy horror, and meta horror. It seems as if the genre is not for you, and that's fine. But we love it.
It's also probably the most difficult genre to be effective in with regards to the audience. Good movies are good because they isolate whatever emotion they seek to capture. Horror movies attempt to isolate a very specific and very rarely used emotion in the human experience which is fear/dread. Think of how rare that emotion is to our everyday lives. So being able to successfully bring a person there and keep them there until the credits roll is much more difficult to pull off I think than making a good drama or damn near any other type of genre movie. That's why I still have a profound respect/appreciation for B grade really campy shyt like I Drink Your Blood, I appreciate the efforts :salute:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Horror for the most part is such a subpar genre I completely forgot about this thread's existence and a reason to care.

Top 10 list was blech, I think every slasher outside of Halloween is overrated so half the list is basura to me but at least Hellraiser made it in the top 10. Despite audacious claims that it doesn't deserve that spot, it most certainly does. It's like an S&M bondage themed H.P. Lovecraft type demonic worship/awakening story.

"No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering."

Oh, and The Thing not being top 3 is a crime against cinema itself. :ufdup:

Breh if you don't like the genre and can't get with it, why even come into the thread to ruin a good time for everyone else who celebrates the genre? If I see a top 10 romantic comedy thread and if I have no interest in romantic comedies, I'm not going in to vote or even comment on it because it's not my thing.

And the list is dope breh kill that noise.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

Halloween H20 aint bad at all, in fact its a good movie aside from the 5 different masks Michael wears, It ignores all the bad sequels after 2 Its got the underlying tension of what it feels like to be going insane, psycho, (they even play the psycho theme at one point when some old broad gets in a car) The son could have turned out to be a serial killer in his own right by how overprotective his mom was by smothering him, add that in with her alcohol addiction. too bad that they had to sh1t all over it with resurrection with bustah rhymes beating up on michael meyers with some lame kung fu (now if it was the rza ...:patrice:nah itd still be horrible)

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm tallying the list and I have like two movies...Can't wait to get to work

And I still side with the king but you two are more than welcome to your opinions
Right now my thriller/suspense list is narrowed to 19 titles, so I'm having a shytload of trouble with this list man...

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Right now my thriller/suspense list is narrowed to 19 titles, so I'm having a shytload of trouble with this list man...
breh im gonna do the 10 and 5 HM like yours

some of my honorable mentions i need to re-watch to see if i have to shuffle my list but that won't happent til after the thread is made

also need to re-watch no country

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
breh im gonna do the 10 and 5 HM like yours

some of my honorable mentions i need to re-watch to see if i have to shuffle my list but that won't happent til after the thread is made

also need to re-watch no country

No Country is locked in my top 10, but I don't know where I'm putting it. This is gonna be rough breh.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:mjlol:No Country is NOT a top 10 thriller of all time. Not even top 20.

:ehh:I'll let ya'll cook though.

We'll discuss when the new thread gets made.:lolbron:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I know I come off as a peaceful dude and most of the time I am but I'm also an instigator by nature so please breh discuss now. Don't let them cook. :brehyourejoking:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

Halloween H20 aint bad at all, in fact its a good movie aside from the 5 different masks Michael wears, It ignores all the bad sequels after 2 Its got the underlying tension of what it feels like to be going insane, psycho, (they even play the psycho theme at one point when some old broad gets in a car) The son could have turned out to be a serial killer in his own right by how overprotective his mom was by smothering him, add that in with her alcohol addiction. too bad that they had to sh1t all over it with resurrection with bustah rhymes beating up on michael meyers with some lame kung fu (now if it was the rza ...:patrice:nah itd still be horrible)

The old broad is the woman who played in Psycho, Janet Leigh the mother of Jamie Lee Curtis.
They also use the OG car from Psycho in the movie as well.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

And Scream isn't a top 20 horror of all time, but its on the list because people disagreed with me. Its subjective and there are few movies that are more effective than No Country for Old Men. It is what it is breh.