Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
do you think Psycho will make any lists next month or is it considered full on horror? ie this list

Because it is a slasher, I don't think Psycho should be suspense/mystery/thriller...serial killer movies that are NOT crime procedures are horror imo...Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer is Horror...Silence of the Lambs is not. Strangers on a Train is suspense/thriller, like Se7en.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It may. But maybe we should restrict it

Because it is a slasher, I don't think Psycho should be suspense/mystery/thriller...serial killer movies that are NOT crime procedures are horror imo...Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer is Horror...Silence of the Lambs is not. Strangers on a Train is suspense/thriller, like Se7en.

i updated my list a week ago and took Psycho out. i won't reveal if any of the others you listed made my list.
EF5DCS4.png

but back to horror

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I'm back, dope list :whoo: Top 5 is bullet proof :smugdraper:

Only choice I can't ride with is Scream :ld: I watched it again recently for the first time in years for the movie club and I forgot how great a film it is, but it's still not scary.

Clever - yes.

Hilarious - yes.

But the villain has to be the most clownish horror icon of all time. With that goofy voice he sounds like a foot fetish prank caller that got brave one night, his get-up looks cheap af too.

I guess I'd rather all the top spots went to films that were 100% devoted to sincerely trying to frighten the audience, rather than make a meta statement or be funny, I considered comedy horrors like Basket Case and Street Trash for my list, but as great as they are they're not staying with me after the credits roll like that :manny:

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
@kp404 @Tuaminator @anyone else who digs italian horror, if you haven't seen it there's a film called Berberian Sound Studio that came out a couple of years ago about a british foley artist who goes to Italy to work on the sound effects for an italian horror movie.

berberian-sound-studio-2.jpg

It's not terrifying per se but it's really creepy and there's a nice little film-within-a-film angle going on in it, if you're a horror head you'd probably enjoy it

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
@kp404 @Tuaminator @anyone else who digs italian horror, if you haven't seen it there's a film called Berberian Sound Studio that came out a couple of years ago about a british foley artist who goes to Italy to work on the sound effects for an italian horror movie.

It's not terrifying per se but it's really creepy and there's a nice little film-within-a-film angle going on in it, if you're a horror head you'd probably enjoy it
my duke..i saw this in NY at a special screening with the dire and prod. I liked it, i was expecting it to be what it actually delivered.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm back, dope list :whoo: Top 5 is bullet proof :smugdraper:

Only choice I can't ride with is Scream :ld: I watched it again recently for the first time in years for the movie club and I forgot how great a film it is, but it's still not scary.

Clever - yes.

Hilarious - yes.

But the villain has to be the most clownish horror icon of all time. With that goofy voice he sounds like a foot fetish prank caller that got brave one night, his get-up looks cheap af too.

I guess I'd rather all the top spots went to films that were 100% devoted to sincerely trying to frighten the audience, rather than make a meta statement or be funny, I considered comedy horrors like Basket Case and Street Trash for my list, but as great as they are they're not staying with me after the credits roll like that :manny:
For those of us 26-30ish theres no way Scream can be excluded. It was The horror franchise we grew up with

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
For those of us 26-30ish theres no way Scream can be excluded. It was The horror franchise we grew up with

I'm 27, I watched up to the third one :yeshrug: Scream is a great film but the satire/parody keeps me from getting all the way immersed in the horror. I'm not mad at that but the film doesn't take itself seriously enough to be in my top 10