Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
@kp404 @Tuaminator @anyone else who digs italian horror, if you haven't seen it there's a film called Berberian Sound Studio that came out a couple of years ago about a british foley artist who goes to Italy to work on the sound effects for an italian horror movie.

berberian-sound-studio-2.jpg

It's not terrifying per se but it's really creepy and there's a nice little film-within-a-film angle going on in it, if you're a horror head you'd probably enjoy it

Yep I really like this movie...the story is really fun and Toby Jones does a damn good job in the lead role...very creepy film

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm 27, I watched up to the third one :yeshrug: Scream is a great film but the satire/parody keeps me from getting all the way immersed in the horror. I'm not mad at that but the film doesn't take itself seriously enough to be in my top 10

I agree. Scream is nowhere near my top 10, not even close. But the coli has spoken...Scream is the only film on the list that I would not put in my top 25..

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree. Scream is nowhere near my top 10, not even close. But the coli has spoken...Scream is the only film on the list that I would not put in my top 25..

It's like when I did the top 10 movies of all time list..there's shyt there that's not in my top 10 but votes is votes :whoknows:

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo nuff love..just can't believe scream made it in top 10..this list is so so and reminds me of many commercial horror top 10 listings..

Scream made it because of nostalgia shouldn't be top 20 but I don't know how the hell Hellraiser made the list that was random as hell :russ:

Also none of the dead movies making the list :wtf:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Scream made it because of nostalgia shouldn't be top 20 but I don't know how the hell Hellraiser made the list that was random as hell :russ:

Also none of the dead movies making the list :wtf:
The people spoke. No matter what you think, its hard to argue that Hellraiser is not scary...it may have problems, but it has always been considered a very terrifying movie

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The people spoke. No matter what you think, its hard to argue that Hellraiser is not scary...it may have problems, but it has always been considered a very terrifying movie

And this is why I love this shyt because hellraiser is nowhere near my top 10 or even top 15 or 20 list of horror flicks but I do appreciate it and can understand why it'd be on a list like this which is why I don't get some of the issues with Scream. It ain't like we put Saw 3 on the list or Annabelle. These are all quality flicks

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
And this is why I love this shyt because hellraiser is nowhere near my top 10 or even top 15 or 20 list of horror flicks but I do appreciate it and can understand why it'd be on a list like this which is why I don't get some of the issues with Scream. It ain't like we put Saw 3 on the list or Annabelle. These are all quality flicks
that I can agree with. Unlike the other lists, this list has nothing but pure quality in each number

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that I can agree with. Unlike the other lists, this list has nothing but pure quality in each number

Exactly. Although our top 10 movies of all time list is all quality. Although I know some cats have some qualms with Schindler's List, there isn't a bad movie on the list

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
By now you know the rules:

1)You have until October 20th to post your top horror movies of all time. Any movie you put on your list will be counted as horror. If you do not know what horror is or you are confused about whether to put a movie on there on not, here is a great thread to help you think about it:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/so-w...ovie-as-horror-lets-debate-and-define.251351/

2)You have 20 days to post, debate, change your list, whatever. Be precise and number correctly. I will only count the posts that have numbered their lists ONLY. The final list with all the tallied voted will go up on October 25th. Let's debate and discuss as we posts lists. Let's keep this thread exciting!

3)Even though you have a top 10, we will also have an honorable mention section. You will choose 5 titles that did not make your list that you really wanted to include but did not have space. If you want, include why they did not make your list or why you think they are top 10 worthy. This will help those who want to discover more horror movies learn more and add more discussion.

I will start the thread with my list. These 10 are my undeniable masterpieces and I believe them to be the SCARIEST horror movies of all time. I love comedy-horror, but the true essence of horror for me is that it leaves me genuinely disturbed and that I have no control over the horror; it is both internal and external. These are films that haunt me to this day after seeing some of them a decade ago:

1)The Shining (1980)
2)The Exorcist (1973)
3)The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
4)The Beyond (1981)
5)Zombie (Zombi Flesh Eaters) (1979)
6)Psycho (1960)
7)John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)
8)John Carpenter's Halloween (1978)
9)Repulsion (1965)
10)Suspiria (1977)

HONORABLE MENTION:
1)Hellraiser (1987): I really really wanted this to be in the top 10, and I may still add it later after watching it again. it really is a masterpiece of originality and horror.
2)Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)-one of the best updates ever made in horror
3)Night of the Hunter (1955)-One of the top 10 movie villains of all time. This movie will never leave you.
4)Requiem for a Dream (2000)-Scariest film of all time to me for many reasons, and it was filmed like a horror movie
5)A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)-Craven's best and a truly terrifying horror icon in this film.

HAPPY VOTING :oJdidit:
I haven't seen suspiria but I have seen some other flick by that director that's about some author who murders ppl like he murders them in books. Really good film

:lupe:

Highkey having a harder time with this than my action movie list. :unsure: Might swap some shyt around towards the end of the poll...

1. John Carpenter's: The Thing
2. Alien
3. Repulsion
4. Rosemary's Baby
5. Suspiria
6. The Birds
7. Audition
8. The Terminator
9. Let Me In / Let The Right One In (I like both equally, but, if it's an issue, Let Me In gets it)
10. Poltergeist

Honorable Mentions:

- À l'intérieur - Inside: One of the Goat Home Invasion movies :blessed:. French Extreme / New Wave.

-Possession (1981): More of a drama, but I enjoyed the fukkery...a lot. Had me like :dwillhuh: multiple times.

-Maniac (remake): Although the motives behind the antagonist aren't the greatest, the story does have a message (or rather pokes a lot of fun at a certain stereotype). The cinematography is :ohlawd:.

-Coraline: If you haven't seen it...:ufdup:. Part of me hesitates to call this a pure kid's film (more of a family movie), but that's ultimately whom it was aimed at. That said, it can be enjoyed by all ages. It's a bit of a genre-mixer with mystery elements that play out like a detective thriller, with lots of horror imagery, set in a haunted house setting. Certain kids might not think much of seeing shyt like the souls of three dead children being trapped in a dungeon with no food or water, or living people having buttons sewn over there eyeballs, etc... Cuteness aside, the movie is:demonic: as fukk friends.

-Fright Night (remake - 2011): But I heard it's a remake...and fukk remakes!:camby: This movie is awesome. Colin Farrell plays an absolutely conniving, vindictive, a$$hole of a vampire.:banderas: The characters are likeable, nobody is being dumb on purpose, and it's comedic elements are pretty fun. Cool ass movie.

Speaking of Psycho. There is a scene that scared me way more than the knife in the shower. That shyt with the old Resident Evil Director's cut camera angle (I know Hitchcock came first). Hitchcock was on one with that bullshyt. lol

There needs to be a top 10 french movie thread made