Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Uncle_Ruckus watch "Jacob's Ladder" ASAP. You'll probably notice a ton of things other movies/video games stole from it.

The first half of "Audition" you'll be :beli: because it's just a dude trying to get a date. The last 20ish minutes though :whoa::scust::mjcry:

Rob Zombie walked out of the movie like :huhldup: if I remember correctly he couldn't even finish it. Not that Zombie is a paragon of quality horror, but he's obviously not unfamiliar with disturbing imagery.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Uncle_Ruckus watch "Jacob's Ladder" ASAP. You'll probably notice a ton of things other movies/video games stole from it.

The first half of "Audition" you'll be :beli: because it's just a dude trying to get a date. The last 20ish minutes though :whoa::scust::mjcry:

Rob Zombie walked out of the movie like :huhldup: if I remember correctly he couldn't even finish it. Not that Zombie is a paragon of quality horror, but he's obviously not unfamiliar with disturbing imagery.

Fred.

If I remember correctly breh, he said it creeped him out and just made him feel uncomfortable. John Landis said it was just too unpleasant for him

• Dap
Reactions: hex

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
The one thing about the Saw series that got me, were some of it's extreme fans. You're gonna sit here and tell me that Jiggsaw isn't like these other criminals, because he set up a way for the people to escape? Like, he didn't stack the deck? :upsetfavre: Fukk outta here. :beli:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The one thing about the Saw series that got me, were some of it's extreme fans. You're gonna sit here and tell me that Jiggsaw isn't like these other criminals, because he set up a way for the people to escape? Like, he didn't stack the deck? :upsetfavre: Fukk outta here. :beli:

That nikka jigsaw is petty as fukk..also for anyone interested, Vulture is doing a horror week and they've got some really interesting articles running including an oral narrative on Nightmare on Elm St and a piece from the New Yorker as to why we need horror films now more than ever

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One of the best horror films of the 21st century and the other PG-13 horror film outside of Insidious that was incredibly effective

I agree..I'm shocked none of us voted for it lol. Not only is it dope but it's socially relevant. Interesting we didn't even think about it.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
What about Cloverfield? :lupe:
I wouldn't consider that horror.... Actually, the underground scene was scary as fukk. Okay, I would call it horror. Probably gets overlooked cause of the found footage gimmick they used which has been done to death at this point.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wouldn't consider that horror.... Actually, the underground scene was scary as fukk. Okay, I would call it horror. Probably gets overlooked cause of the found footage gimmick they used which has been done to death at this point.

You may be right at this point...but there were a few votes for Paranormal Activity which game out several months before Cloverfield so I don't know if it's the found footage thing..I think it's because it hasn't stayed in our minds as much. It was a singular flick, singular event, and there have been no sequels to keep it out there in the public. All of the movies on our list have sequels or have been talked about ad nauseum and they permeated our sub conscious in one way or another.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
You may be right at this point...but there were a few votes for Paranormal Activity which game out several months before Cloverfield so I don't know if it's the found footage thing..I think it's because it hasn't stayed in our minds as much. It was a singular flick, singular event, and there have been no sequels to keep it out there in the public. All of the movies on our list have sequels or have been talked about ad nauseum and they permeated our sub conscious in one way or another.
Weren't they making a sequel? What happened.