Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
The only passable remake you listed was Hills have Eyes...that's it. The rest of those films are laughably bad and most of them unwatchable, especially those corny ass texas chainsaw 2000 films...the less said about the boring evil dead remake the better :snoop:
You didn't like Last House On The Left remake? The Ring or The Grudge? How are the Texas Chainsaw movies unwatchable? they are fun and have lots of scares that the original brought. Maybe your just a sucker for the oldies I guess. Evil Dead was twisted af.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You didn't like Last House On The Left remake? The Ring or The Grudge? How are the Texas Chainsaw movies unwatchable? they are fun and have lots of scares that the original brought. Maybe your just a sucker for the oldies I guess. Evil Dead was twisted af.

He and I have already had bouts on Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw breh..he ain't moving off his position, so let him cook :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Audition wasn't given a big release in this country breh and when it comes to Jacob's Ladder and Silence of the Lambs, there is always the question of if they're horror or not (which is an argument for another day) but the general consensus at least when you hear directors and writers talk about American horror in the 90s, is that it was on life support at least. Jason and Freddy were cliched and tired, Candyman had a good first go but the sequels left a lot to be desired and no one was innovating, just kept going back to the well

It feels like we're arguing two different thingss.

Horror was on life support in the 90's, yes....but that's the last decade where horror was actually a factor. 2000-2014 there hasn't been a big push to introduce a ton of horror icons, or franchises. Not on the level of the 90's. There was at least an effort to diversify the genre.

If you want to argue "Silence Of The Lambs" isn't horror :manny: but "Jacob's Ladder" definitely is. It directly inspired one of the biggest horror franchises in gaming, "Silent Hill".

So did "Kindergarten Cop", but that's for another day. :sas1:

Fred.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
He and I have already had bouts on Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw breh..he ain't moving off his position, so let him cook :russ:
I love the original so much that I'll be down for any remake or movie after that. Nothing scary than leather face chasing teenagers with a bloody chainsaw in the middle of nowhere. My Bloody Valentine I heard was good too. I might have to take that one in.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Remakes have been good.

The Crazies
The Hills Have Eyes
The Thing
The Fly
Last House on The Left
Piranha 3D
Evil Dead
Let Me In
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Jessica's version only)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Maniac
Quarantine

All range from competent to better than or equal to the original version. The only real wack remake I can think of (off hand) is Zombie's Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nighmare on Elm street.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It feels like we're arguing two different thingss.

Horror was on life support in the 90's, yes....but that's the last decade where horror was actually a factor. 2000-2014 there hasn't been a big push to introduce a ton of horror icons, or franchises. Not on the level of the 90's. There was at least an effort to diversify the genre.

If you want to argue "Silence Of The Lambs" isn't horror :manny: but "Jacob's Ladder" definitely is. It directly inspired one of the biggest horror franchises in gaming, "Silent Hill".

So did "Kindergarten Cop", but that's for another day. :sas1:

Fred.

Fair enough breh. And I think horror has been quite the factor this past decade it's just a matter of whether we like everything out. Sadly from 2004 until 09, no one wanted to compete with Saw on a major level but we still had studio releases of horror flicks in theaters during that time: High Tension, Touristas, just to name two off the top of my head, along with countless remakes and J-horror remakes. Then Paranormal Activity came out, crushed a few buildings, and we've been on that path and now Blumhouse is putting out horror flicks every year. We still get a lot of them, just a question if taste I guess

• Dap
Reactions: hex

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

The last House on the Left remake was very weak. There was really nothing about it to like. It tried to push the envelope in a corny way with the violence, but you need more than violence to get my attention, which is why those Texas Chain Saw remakes suck...they are all visual, no substance and their visual isn't even scary. The first Texas Chain Saw did not feel like a movie, which is why it was so effective...

The RIng and Grudge remakes are useless as fukk. Just watch the OGs. They are actually scary and much more effective and not watered down like the US versions. The US versions have no reason to exist except for people who don't like subtitles...pointless films. And again, the Evil Dead remake was a bland, crashing bore. Boring as fukk. Just hitting you over the head with how "scary" and "bloody" its supposed to be when it really is not.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I love the original so much that I'll be down for any remake or movie after that. Nothing scary than leather face chasing teenagers with a bloody chainsaw in the middle of nowhere. My Bloody Valentine I heard was good too. I might have to take that one in.

Oh that shyt is fun. Try to see it in 3D lol

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Now my Bloody Valentine in 3D was fun as fukk. That';s a fun horror movie that knows how to keep the audience engaged with the picture without being blood only, like most remakes

Well to be fair, they weren't exactly remaking a classic. I know My Bloody Valentine has its fans but that movie takes itself too seriously and doesn't realize how ridiculous the premise is..the remake did and it was better for it. Plus the 3D just took it up a couple notches as a theater experience

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
The last House on the Left remake was very weak. There was really nothing about it to like. It tried to push the envelope in a corny way with the violence, but you need more than violence to get my attention, which is why those Texas Chain Saw remakes suck...they are all visual, no substance and their visual isn't even scary. The first Texas Chain Saw did not feel like a movie, which is why it was so effective...

The RIng and Grudge remakes are useless as fukk. Just watch the OGs. They are actually scary and much more effective and not watered down like the US versions. The US versions have no reason to exist except for people who don't like subtitles...pointless films. And again, the Evil Dead remake was a bland, crashing bore. Boring as fukk. Just hitting you over the head with how "scary" and "bloody" its supposed to be when it really is not.
Well I can't argue with you since you are a true horror buff, I like a lot of horror movies that are cheesy, like the Texas Chainsaw remakes cause they are more fun to watch and make fun of. If you don't have a dumb blonde girl running to the stairs instead of the exit, I'm probably not going to enjoy it. I love comedy with my horror. Thank Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer for that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well I can't argue with you since you are a true horror buff, I like a lot of horror movies that are cheesy, like the Texas Chainsaw remakes cause they are more fun to watch and make fun of. If you don't have a dumb blonde girl running to the stairs instead of the exit, I'm probably not going to enjoy it. I love comedy with my horror. Thank Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer for that.

You may not like Audition then breh:demonic: