Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
1 - Halloween (original)
2 - The Shining
3 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
4 - The Thing (carpenter)
5 - Lost Boys
6 - The Mist
7 - Hellraiser
8 - Midnight Meat Train
9 - Alien
10 - The Ninth Gate

People sleep on midnight Meat Train but the shyt was really great. Loved the ending especially.

The Ninth Gate I honestly hated...it kept promising something really crazy happening and by the end, it was anti-climatic...hated it.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nope cause I'm always thinking about the overall value I'm getting. I can't stand nightmare 2 and 4 is just ok. The only ones I really love and feel worth the buy are the first the 3rd and new nightmare. And I already own the first on blu ray. I've got the Bond set and even tho there are a handful of movies in that series that aren't my favorite, but I can find some enjoyment even in the ones I don't like that much. Plus it was a birthday gift.

I've got to like the majority of the set in order to buy it not just a few

Lol i agree with that statement. I skipped the collection and just bought those 3 movies from the series. The rest of those nightmare films are just comedies and definitely will make you fall asleep with the quickness(snoozefest).

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just seen Sinister for the first time what did yall think of this movie? I thought it was pretty good/creepy I seen some ppl didn't like the ending I didn't have a problem with it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just seen Sinister for the first time what did yall think of this movie? I thought it was pretty good/creepy I seen some ppl didn't like the ending I didn't have a problem with it.

Like I said in another thread even though they didn't 100% nail the execution I give them props for trying to create a new horror icon. Nowadays it's just scary movies where random scary shyt happens....there is no equivalent of Freddy, Michael, Jason, Leatherface, or even B tier like Candyman.

Fred.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps

I don't have to much of a problem with the ending. The third act is where it takes a dive for me though. I still enjoyed the movie overall.

Like I said in another thread even though they didn't 100% nail the execution I give them props for trying to create a new horror icon. Nowadays it's just scary movies where random scary shyt happens....there is no equivalent of Freddy, Michael, Jason, Leatherface, or even B tier like Candyman.

Fred.

You're about to have your wish, when these studios hop on the MCU(esque) bandwagon that The Conjuring is currently on.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I like the atmosphere and the music and what they were trying to do. Like the ending but for some reason the movie falls flat for me

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
1) Nightmare on elm street ( I don't care what yall say Freddy is GOAT horror villain)
2) Hellraiser ( Pin head is the second GOAT)
3) Friday the 13 Pt 3 ( the introduction of Jason's mask)
4) Phantasm ( Tall man is always underrated, and those metal spinning balls were dope)
5) Halloween ( Jamie lee curtis is the best teen in a horror ever brehs)
6) Nightmare on elm street- Dream Warriors ( I thought it was dope that the kids had mastered powers to fight freddy)
7) ginger snaps ( the scene where she transformes is DOPE)
8) kill list (I still think about the plot of this movie and try to figure things out)
9) martyrs ( left me feeling HOLLOW for days)
10) IT ( had to include Stephen King the GAWD)

HM: 28 days later......The wicker man......Jacobs Ladder

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally saw Suspiria (I know, I know):whoa: The music and visualz: A Horror Operatic Masterpiece:wow: Cuz, honestly the plot is a bit flimsy:usure: However, this is the rare occasion:ld:, when a score/cinematography alone makes the viewing experience worthwhile:banderas: Nice to see my Demon Knights picking up steam:jawalrus: Billy Zane deserved a bloody Oscar for his demonic portrayal:birdman: I feel there's no dull moments:yeshrug:, unlike Bordello of Blood:dahell:

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Finally saw Suspiria (I know, I know):whoa: The music and visualz: A Horror Operatic Masterpiece:wow: Cuz, honestly the plot is a bit flimsy:usure: However, this the rare occasions:ld:, when a score/cinematography alone makes the viewing experience worthwhile:banderas: Nice to see my Demon Knights picking up steam:jawalrus: Billy Zane deserved a bloody Oscar for his demonic portrayal:birdman: I feel there's no dull moments:yeshrug:, unlike Bordello of Blood:dahell:

Hey that movie shyts on a lot these so called horror flicks coming out today