Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Thought I was the only one. If people gave that flick a chance as opposed to just typical "remake blah blah" they'd see it's a nice little horror/comedy flick. And Colin is awesome on it, great bad guy. And I couldn't get into the original. I saw the original first and didn't see what all the fuss was about, but I really messed with this one.

I tried watching The Town that Dreaded Sundown last night on Netflix...I could not get with it at all. The comedy relief of the cops was just too jarring for me tonally

You talking about the OG Charles B. Pierce Town that Dreaded Sundown or the remake? As for the OG, it was cool but that tonal problem you are talking is pure CHarles B. pierce...that is his style for all of his movies, but Town is his best effort because of the effective killer scenes; you think the tone is weird here, check Pierce's other films because they are damn near unwatchable

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You talking about the OG Charles B. Pierce Town that Dreaded Sundown or the remake? As for the OG, it was cool but that tonal problem you are talking is pure CHarles B. pierce...that is his style for all of his movies, but Town is his best effort because of the effective killer scenes; you think the tone is weird here, check Pierce's other films because they are damn near unwatchable

Yeah the scenes with the killer were awesome but all that stuff in between with the cops...nah. Once they came out dressed as women for some kind of sting operation, I told my boy we can turn this off whenever he wants

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Yeah the scenes with the killer were awesome but all that stuff in between with the cops...nah. Once they came out dressed as women for some kind of sting operation, I told my boy we can turn this off whenever he wants

That's Charles Pierce homie...that's his style, but many consider him an Ed Wood/Roger Corman type legend in B movie cinema...he had a very distinct style and he did have talent behind the camera even if he was problematic

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
1) Nightmare on elm street ( I don't care what yall say Freddy is GOAT horror villain)
2) Hellraiser ( Pin head is the second GOAT)
3) Friday the 13 Pt 3 ( the introduction of Jason's mask)
4) Phantasm ( Tall man is always underrated, and those metal spinning balls were dope)
5) Halloween ( Jamie lee curtis is the best teen in a horror ever brehs)
6) Nightmare on elm street- Dream Warriors ( I thought it was dope that the kids had mastered powers to fight freddy)
7) ginger snaps ( the scene where she transformes is DOPE)
8) kill list (I still think about the plot of this movie and try to figure things out)
9) martyrs ( left me feeling HOLLOW for days)
10) IT ( had to include Stephen King the GAWD)

HM: 28 days later......The wicker man......Jacobs Ladder
shyt.. i forgot about 28 days later :lupe: someone on my list might have to get the boot

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
The Shining
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Nightmare on Elm Street
Jaws
Silver Bullet
28 days later
Maniac
Last house on the left

As an aside- Megan is missing -Had to toss that one in there. Might not be technically horror but that shyt will give any good man/father nightmares:mjcry:

All my picks are the originals, not remakes.:scust:

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
As an aside- Megan is missing -Had to toss that one in there. Might not be technically horror but that shyt will give any good man/father nightmares:mjcry:

Out of all of the movies, I'm not trying to hear that, "this isn't horror" shyt from this one. Those images burned a place into my memory that I can't get back. :sadcam: That entire third act was :wow:. I wanted that antagonist dead so bad. Those poor girls :mjcry:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The Shining
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Nightmare on Elm Street
Jaws
Silver Bullet
28 days later
Maniac
Last house on the left

All my picks are the originals, not remakes.:scust:

You got Maniac and Last House on the left :obama:You like that intense exploitative stuff I see