Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good/trippy visuals are what makes the best horror movies imo.

This isn't my favorite genre, because not that any movies really scare me. I like ones that do, they're just rare and a lot of non scary horror movies or ones that make fun of their cliches I don't really like (Cabin in the Woods for example) These are the ones I really like though.

My top 10:

1.The Shining
2.Videodrome (This is loosely horror, but still horror enough to me)
3.The Thing (1982)
4.Creepshow
5.Cape Fear (Original, but remake is good too)
6.Rosemary's Baby
7.The Fly
8.Dracula 92, visuals are crack
9.The Conjuring :yeshrug:
10. When A Stranger Calls Back, first 15 min are fukking crazy

I don't think of Hitchcock as horror. Psycho, Frenzy, and maybe Shadow of a Doubt are the only ones I've seen that might qualify.

I know breh...I have all of King's books from back in the day, including the Skeleton Crew stuff and Nightmares and Dreamscapes...but my favorite short stories of his are "The jaunt" and "Survivor Type"...those stories still fukk with me....masterpiece writing right there

Prime Stephen King was :wow:. Idk if you remember the short story "The Boogeyman", but that scared the hell out of me as a kid. "The Raft" was simple, but dope.

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
1) Night of The Living Dead (OG version)
2) Halloween (OG)
3) Return of The Living Dead
4) Nightmare On Elm Street (OG)
5) Halloween II (OG)
6) Aliens
7) Dawn of The Dead (OG)
8) The Devil's Rejects
9) Silver Bullet
10) The Grudge (Japanese version)

HM:

1) Night of The Living Dead (Remake)
2) Terror Train
3) Wes Craven's New Nightmare
4) Dawn of The Dead (Remake)
5) Phantasm
6) Scream
7) Rec
8) Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight
9) Pet Sematary
10) Friday the 13th (OG)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Never seen the original Dawn of the Dead. I always try to get around to it but never do :( . and I can't remember much of the original massacre.

Yeah, The Rage: Carrie 2. I remeber watching this during the 90's

Yup to Freddy 6 ( The movie theater only showed the end in 3D ) but really its between this one and the I think 3rd one ( kids in the mental ward )

Now if you ask me to watch any of those originals, I live by myself and gonna have to wait until the weekend when I go to my parents house..lolol

Yeah check them all out breh..obviously do what you gotta do to be safe tho:demonic:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
survivor type i used to read constantly. that shouldve made creepshow 2 as well. Night Shift was the first shyt i read from King, still my favorite collection of short stories. Skeleton Crew a close second.

Yea I still read Night Shift and Skeleton Crew to this day...they both have such great fukking stories that I love them equally
Breh, no "Night of the living Dead"?

1.)Hellraiser: Bloodline
2.)The Lost Boys
3.)The Texas Chain Saw Massacre( 2003 )
4.)Dawn Of the Dead( The 2000 one )
5.)Night Of the Living Dead ( Black N white one )
6.)Shocker( 1989 )
7.) The Gate( 1987 )
8.) Nightmare on Elm Street 6 ( I went to the movies to see this in 3D )
9.) Scream
10.)Near Dark ( have this on Blu Ray. used to love this movie as a kid )

Runner ups
1.) 28 days later
2.)Night of the Living dead remakes( can't think of a specific one )
3.) Carrie( 90's verison, they're all gonna laugh at me!! )
4.) Evil Dead
5.)The Mist
6.)Phantasm ( this might have to go in my top 10 )
7.) Jacobs Ladder
8.) Poltergeist
9.) House of Wax ( The remake )
10.)The Fly

Man, I could go on forever. Halloween has always been my favor time of the year.

Very interesting list...what do you love so much about Hellraiser: Bloodline that you would put it as your number one horror movie?

Good/trippy visuals are what makes the best horror movies imo.

This isn't my favorite genre, because not that any movies really scare me. I like ones that do, they're just rare and a lot of non scary horror movies or ones that make fun of their cliches I don't really like (Cabin in the Woods for example) These are the ones I really like though.

My top 10:

1.The Shining
2.Videodrome (This is loosely horror, but still horror enough to me)
3.The Thing (1982)
4.Creepshow
5.Cape Fear (Original, but remake is good too)
6.Rosemary's Baby
7.The Fly
8.Dracula 92, visuals are crack
9.The Conjuring :yeshrug:
10. When A Stranger Calls Back, first 15 min are fukking crazy

I don't think of Hitchcock as horror. Psycho, Frenzy, and maybe Shadow of a Doubt are the only ones I've seen that might qualify.

Prime Stephen King was :wow:. Idk if you remember the short story "The Boogeyman", but that scared the hell out of me as a kid. "The Raft" was simple, but dope.

Yea I remember the Boogeyman...shyt fukked my whole world up fam...As for your list, When A Stranger Calls Back was a very good movie and When A Stranger Calls doesn't get any love either...both are pretty good movies

1) Night of The Living Dead (OG version)
2) Halloween (OG)
3) Return of The Living Dead
4) Nightmare On Elm Street (OG)
5) Halloween II (OG)
6) Aliens
7) Dawn of The Dead (OG)
8) The Devil's Rejects
9) Silver Bullet
10) The Grudge (Japanese version)

HM:

1) Night of The Living Dead (Remake)
2) Terror Train
3) Wes Craven's New Nightmare
4) Dawn of The Dead (Remake)
5) Phantasm
6) Scream
7) Rec
8) Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight
9) Pet Sematary
10) Friday the 13th (OG)

Pretty good list

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I didn't see it till I got to college. Copped it on DVD after work one day at a Tower Records in Manhattan
Word...my parents didn't care what I watched back in the day. My mom would rent any and everything. Saw the hitcher when i was 7 or 8...It was movie night every night, mostly violent shyt lol...first flick I remember in the theaters was ALIENS. My parents were and are the shyt. :blessed:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm on the catchup

Watched Evil Dead, Dawn Of The Dead (OG), Scream 2 this week.......wasn't a big fan of Evil Dead...just didn't do much. I know II has the better reputation, so I'm looking forward to that.

Dawn though :banderas:

Scream 2 :obama: Liked almost as much as the first. The finale isn't anywhere near as entertaining as the house party in the original, but the rest of the movie is every bit as good. The self-referential and meta commentary is fukking gold to me

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm on the catchup

Watched Evil Dead, Dawn Of The Dead (OG), Scream 2 this week.......wasn't a big fan of Evil Dead...just didn't do much. I know II has the better reputation, so I'm looking forward to that.

Dawn though :banderas:

Scream 2 :obama: Liked almost as much as the first. The finale isn't anywhere near as entertaining as the house party in the original, but the rest of the movie is every bit as good. The self-referential and meta commentary is fukking gold to me

Scream 2 was just :ld:to me after the great intro...I've always loved evil Dead 2, but as of late, I see myself watching the the first one more and loving it more...