Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I thought this was kinda cool. "The Float", and later "The Raft", are the Stephen King stories that ooze one from "Creepshow 2" is based on. It later appeared in "The Skeleton Crew":

Kinda crazy to think the biggest horror author in the world was that broke back then. :wow:

Fred.

I know breh...I have all of King's books from back in the day, including the Skeleton Crew stuff and Nightmares and Dreamscapes...but my favorite short stories of his are "The jaunt" and "Survivor Type"...those stories still fukk with me....masterpiece writing right there

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know breh...I have all of King's books from back in the day, including the Skeleton Crew stuff and Nightmares and Dreamscapes...but my favorite short stories of his are "The jaunt" and "Survivor Type"...those stories still fukk with me....masterpiece writing right there

Back then hoes didn't want him....now he's hot, hoes all on him. :wow:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I liked the first one and the second one. But the hitchhiker story in the second one gotta be the most funniest shyt i scene in a horror flick,

One of my mom's friends gave me a ride somewhere once, and when I was getting out of her car I said the line "Thanks for the ride, lady" and she looks at me and goes "Oh damn, I remember that movie it was creepy as hell." Being that she was a woman in her mid 60's I never would've guessed she would've known where the line was from, but sure enough she did.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
survivor type i used to read constantly. that shouldve made creepshow 2 as well. Night Shift was the first shyt i read from King, still my favorite collection of short stories. Skeleton Crew a close second.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
1)The Shining (1980)
2)The Exorcist (1973)
3)The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
4)The Beyond (1981)
5)Zombie (Zombi Flesh Eaters) (1979)
6)Psycho (1960)
7)John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)
8)John Carpenter's Halloween (1978)
9)Repulsion (1965)
10)Suspiria (1977)

HONORABLE MENTION:
1)Hellraiser (1987): I really really wanted this to be in the top 10, and I may still add it later after watching it again. it really is a masterpiece of originality and horror.
2)Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)-one of the best updates ever made in horror
3)Night of the Hunter (1955)-One of the top 10 movie villains of all time. This movie will never leave you.
4)Requiem for a Dream (2000)-Scariest film of all time to me for many reasons, and it was filmed like a horror movie
5)A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)-Craven's best and a truly terrifying horror icon in this film.

Breh, no "Night of the living Dead"?

1.)Hellraiser: Bloodline
2.)The Lost Boys
3.)The Texas Chain Saw Massacre( 2003 )
4.)Dawn Of the Dead( The 2000 one )
5.)Night Of the Living Dead ( Black N white one )
6.)Shocker( 1989 )
7.) The Gate( 1987 )
8.) Nightmare on Elm Street 6 ( I went to the movies to see this in 3D )
9.) Scream
10.)Near Dark ( have this on Blu Ray. used to love this movie as a kid )

Runner ups
1.) 28 days later
2.)Night of the Living dead remakes( can't think of a specific one )
3.) Carrie( 90's verison, they're all gonna laugh at me!! )
4.) Evil Dead
5.)The Mist
6.)Phantasm ( this might have to go in my top 10 )
7.) Jacobs Ladder
8.) Poltergeist
9.) House of Wax ( The remake )
10.)The Fly

Man, I could go on forever. Halloween has always been my favor time of the year.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh, no "Night of the living Dead"?

1.)Hellraiser: Bloodline
2.)The Lost Boys
3.)The Texas Chain Saw Massacre( 2003 )
4.)Dawn Of the Dead( The 2000 one )
5.)Night Of the Living Dead ( Black N white one )
6.)Shocker( 1989 )
7.) The Gate( 1987 )
8.) Nightmare on Elm Street 6 ( I went to the movies to see this in 3D )
9.) Scream
10.)Near Dark ( have this on Blu Ray. used to love this movie as a kid )

Runner ups
1.) 28 days later
2.)Night of the Living dead remakes( can't think of a specific one )
3.) Carrie( 90's verison, they're all gonna laugh at me!! )
4.) Evil Dead
5.)The Mist
6.)Phantasm ( this might have to go in my top 10 )
7.) Jacobs Ladder
8.) Poltergeist
9.) House of Wax ( The remake )
10.)The Fly

Man, I could go on forever. Halloween has always been my favor time of the year.

Interesting list breh. Not a diss at all but it's definitely not conventional which is a good thing. Out of curiosity though, what makes you prefer some of these remakes to the original? I don't find many horror fans who prefer the 03 chainsaw massacre to the original..or dawn of the dead. and nightmare on elm st 6 is freddy's dead right?

And when you say 90s version of Carrie, you're talking about The Rage: Carrie 2?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Damn,

Let me add in

Flowers in the attic...lol movie messed me up as a kid
Wishmaster.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Interesting list breh. Not a diss at all but it's definitely not conventional which is a good thing. Out of curiosity though, what makes you prefer some of these remakes to the original? I don't find many horror fans who prefer the 03 chainsaw massacre to the original..or dawn of the dead. and nightmare on elm st 6 is freddy's dead right?

And when you say 90s version of Carrie, you're talking about The Rage: Carrie 2?

Never seen the original Dawn of the Dead. I always try to get around to it but never do :( . and I can't remember much of the original massacre.

Yeah, The Rage: Carrie 2. I remeber watching this during the 90's

Yup to Freddy 6 ( The movie theater only showed the end in 3D ) but really its between this one and the I think 3rd one ( kids in the mental ward )

Now if you ask me to watch any of those originals, I live by myself and gonna have to wait until the weekend when I go to my parents house..lolol