Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Great fukking list here...Shockwaves is very good breh.

I'm glad In the Mouth of Madness is getting love as its soooooooooooo underrated. The Brood is amazing as well. I'm surprised that Day of the Dead is that high though

I tried to mix obvious classics with personal choices. Because let's be real here, if we all put the usual classics this would be 11 pages of the same shyt with no discussion.

"Night Of The Living Dead" is better than "Day", but again, obvious choice. And I never liked the overt consumerism critique in "Dawn". "Day" struck the perfect balance between social commentary and horror.

"In The Mouth Of Madness" is the best Lovecraft movie even though it's obviously not his material. They nailed it better than any other movie that attempted to adapt his work.

As far as the horror anthology debate....in terms of straight up horror anthologies, you are correct. And obviously "Hood" took the ending from "Tales". Can't really hold that against "Hood" though, a couple of "Tales" stories were semi-bites of earlier material. "Wish You Were Here" is an obvious clone of "Monkey's Paw" (1902).

But the social commentary of "Hood" was bananas, and the only reason it's not ranked higher in history is because, let's be real, it's a "black movie" with a rap soundtrack.
"Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" is my GOAT horror movie though. The feeling of dread through out that movie is just :scust:

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I tried to mix obvious classics with personal choices. Because let's be real here, if we all put the usual classics this would be 11 pages of the same shyt with no discussion.

"Night Of The Living Dead" is better than "Day", but again, obvious choice. And I never liked the overt consumerism critique in "Dawn". "Day" struck the perfect balance between social commentary and horror.

"In The Mouth Of Madness" is the best Lovecraft movie even though it's obviously not his material. They nailed it better than any other movie that attempted to adapt his work.

As far as the horror anthology debate....in terms of straight up horror anthologies, you are correct. And obviously "Hood" took the ending from "Tales". Can't really hold that against "Hood" though, a couple of "Tales" stories were semi-bites of earlier material. "Wish You Were Here" is an obvious clone of "Monkey's Paw" (1902).

But the social commentary of "Hood" was bananas, and the only reason it's not ranked higher in history is because, let's be real, it's a "black movie" with a rap soundtrack.
"Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" is my GOAT horror movie though. The feeling of dread through out that movie is just :scust:

Fred.

Which is what I was trying to do but I still think my list hit some of the same ol same ol shyt but it's nice to have some variety between stuff that is generally looked at as classics in the genre and stuff you personally love

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Fred.

I agree with all of this...

As a fellow Lovecraftian, how did you feel about Necronomicon: Book of the Dead? I feel like there was a real attempt to be faithful and the first story was genuinely excellent, but it fell apart after that...

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

this..

i was somewhat suspecting this but there's been nice variety the past few pages

comic books would have been :shaq2:

thrillers next month though has tons of potential for variety.

we got crime thrillers/suspense/murder mysteries/psychological thrillers/ noir etc
m0euT6b.png

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
yea i have the DVD from back in the day.. i'll prolly just DL the rip and KIM.

i still have some classics to upgrade.

Ringu is on deck though i haven't seen it. Next week im gonna horror binge

I'm doing that too breh

Let me know what you both are going to watch. I'll be doing the same..

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
1. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
2. Halloween (1978)
3. Return of the Living Dead
4. The Exorcist
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street
6. The Evil Dead
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
8. Day of the Dead (1985)
9. Scream
10. Hellraiser

Honerable Mentions

Halloween II
Child's Play
Creepshow
Creepshow 2
IT
Night of the Living Dead (1990)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree with all of this...

As a fellow Lovecraftian, how did you feel about Necronomicon: Book of the Dead? I feel like there was a real attempt to be faithful and the first story was genuinely excellent, but it fell apart after that...

I liked the final story about the cops and the alien tomb beneath the city but it seemed like they just took stories and added Lovecraft shyt to it.

Fred.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
some of its hard to stomach im still hesitant about that scene where the mental patient starts cutting himself with a razor on a mattress

I get what you're saying. I loved watching both of them. Might watch them this weekend..

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I liked the final story about the cops and the alien tomb beneath the city but it seemed like they just took stories and added Lovecraft shyt to it.

Fred.

That first story was the only one I remember reading in Lovecraft's stories...the rest like you said felt out of place

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
some of its hard to stomach im still hesitant about that scene where the mental patient starts cutting himself with a razor on a mattress

Yea, I was surprised that the rated R version didn't cut more of the gore...the uncut version is pretty violent, but the R rated version isn't much cleaner

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That first story was the only one I remember reading in Lovecraft's stories...the rest like you said felt out of place

What was the first one? I ain't seen that shyt since around '95.

Fred.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
:snoop:That nikka really put a kids movie above all those classics.

:usure:

I put Coraline and Paranorman above a lot of horror movies, and they damned sure are "kids" films. :sas2: I might edit and throw Coraline in the honorable mentions, tbh. I rewatched that shyt three times and found something even more :merchant: worthy after each viewing.