Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
YEa I'm on the fence about Penix

Like I think he has the potential to be a good QB but his injury history is scary and from what I understand he's shaky under pressure
Injury history scary af but provided the medicals check out then he's not any more at risk of getting hurt than anybody else moving forward. Running has never been a major factor in his game anyway so he's not losing anything really by staying in the pocket.

As far as shaky under pressure, you can say that about all 4-6 of these QBs we could go for in the top 2 rounds. Trick is just don't let your QB get under pressure :manny:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Injury history scary af but provided the medicals check out then he's not any more at risk of getting hurt than anybody else moving forward. Running has never been a major factor in his game anyway so he's not losing anything really by staying in the pocket.

As far as shaky under pressure, you can say that about all 4-6 of these QBs we could go for in the top 2 rounds. Trick is just don't let your QB get under pressure :manny:
Tru

Who do you think his NFL comparison is? I think it's prolly Daunte Culepepper

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh, life is too short to do that to yourself. :whoa:

Did yall know T.J. Yates WAS our WR coach? Why would you have a terrible former QB as your WR coach? :wtf:

just say you don't know or understand football breh

What better position to mentor WRs than a former QB? Don't matter if he was a good player or not. Being able to teach young WRs about breaks, route depth, etc.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Just got banned from the Falcons message board for calling out their racist bullshyt :mjlol:

I'm only mad that I'm not gonna see their reactions when we draft Daniels or Penix and go crazy :mjgrin:

Wait, I already know it's gonna be "we should promote Zac Robinson to HC, we can't afford to lose him :mjpls:"

Mannnnnnnnnnnn fukk them cacs :pachaha:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
just say you don't know or understand football breh

What better position to mentor WRs than a former QB? Don't matter if he was a good player or not. Being able to teach young WRs about breaks, route depth, etc.

A WR would be better. A good WR can teach everything the QB can as well as how to actually physically do the job. Things like the best way get in and out of breaks, how to read the hips of the corner and physically gain leverage, how to run a pick play without getting called for a pick, how to draw PI, etc…..

Don’t forget it’s one thing to show film and give someone theory, it’s another to go physically show someone how to do something. I understand the need to see things from the QBs perspective but that’s what you can use joint sessions for. Who says the QB coach can never work with the WRs?

Also trust Raheem Morris a hell of a lot more than Arthur Smith when it comes to putting people in the right spots.

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
A WR would be better. A good WR can teach everything the QB can as well as how to actually physically do the job. Things like the best way get in and out of breaks, how to read the hips of the corner and physically gain leverage, how to draw PI, etc…..

Don’t forget it’s one thing to show film and give someone theory, it’s another to go physically show someone how to do something.

Also trust Raheem Morris a hell of a lot more than Arthur Smith when it comes to putting people in the right spots.

that's not how coaching works fam. a good player or someone who played the position doesn't always translate to them being a good coach

5a7aBqBn_400x400.jpg

^^^ this dude (Gunter Brewer) right here is revered as one of the best WR coaches in the country. His college stats as a WR ain't nothing spectacular. But the results of his pupils speak for themselves:

Randy Moss
Dez Bryant
Justin Blackmon
Ryan Switzer
Tutu Atwell

Look at Alabama's WR coach (Wiggins) the past few years, he played RB in college. You tellin me he can't coach up some WRs?

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
I know damn near everybody on the Rams staff and I know nothing about this dude. :russ:

This makes me think Rah is actually running the defense and Lake is just someone he feels comfortable scheming with. Lake called plays for us during the preseason, that’s about all I know.

Now that so much Rams staff is in ATL, I gotta rock with the Falcons as my second favorite team. WTF is going on :mjtf:
merlin_149508444_f3f04d22-7ac4-4423-b234-6c61748ae4ae-superJumbo.jpg

Yall gave us one of our favorite playoff moments. You’ll fit right in :mjgrin:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps