Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I watched a lot of college football over the last few years and I thought that Penix was the best quarterback in college last season. Daniels and Williams are better overall playmakers, but Penix looked a lot better than both of those guys on just pure passing ability. If Atlanta has a decent line then Penix might light it up. I certainly would have chosen Penix over Maye and McCarthy, but we will see.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Especially in Atlanta. Black QB, top 10 pick. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt.

Kirk about to have his career come full circle. Same way he fleeced the league all these years after Shanny Sr picked him in the same draft as RG3. Tables might turn on him.

1*r7WLartsCRT6PmlmaOQwFg.gif
Signing that two year deal hurts him because Atlanta doesn't have to trade him and you know he would want to be released, they can get comp for him like they got for Matt.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
full
you see it.
They were actually making a smart business play. Everything they did makes sense if you are smart and have a functional brain.

They got a QB that perfectly fits their scheme
He has to work on mechanics and has to adjust from a RPO offense to a pro style offense where they do a lot of under the center plays in 11 personnel. That's gonna be a rough transition for a rookie.

So they sign a vet QB who's a top 10 QB who has a ton of exp in the scheme. He is also known to be an exceptional mentor.

They had this plan from the beginning. They just kept it under wraps. It was genius.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Atlanta fans and media are worrying about the wrong thing. Y'all should be concerned about y’all receivers, because y’all signed bum ass butter fingers Darnell Mooney as a free agent. Around game 5 half the city is going to want to fight that nikka. As bad as the Bears needed wide receivers they let Mooney go. That should tell you all that you needed to know.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
After sleeping on the pick I’m good with it, we byke with the black quarterback :blessed:
All black everything :blessed:
He can sit and learn the game like Love did and play after Cousins deal gets cheap in the third year :manny:
All those franchises were looking at getting him for a reason
Imagine if we let the Aints get him, he woulda been stunting on us for years to come:snoop:

Now we can make sure the right side of the O-line is built up by the time he starts and if Penix wants to he can build his body up even more

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Imagine if we let the Aints get him, he woulda been stunting on us for years to come:snoop:

Now we can make sure the right side of the O-line is built up by the time he starts and if Penix wants to he can build his body up even more
Exactly breh. There was no future with Kirk and at best we’d probably be a first or second round exit with all of the holes that we have on the roster even if we went all in, in the draft. They do need to build the right bc McGary can NOT be the backside OT. Penix will die back there

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Exactly breh. There was no future with Kirk and at best we’d probably be a first or second round exit with all of the holes that we have on the roster even if we went all in, in the draft. They do need to build the right bc McGary can NOT be the backside OT. Penix will die back there
We're still not done in this draft. There are hidden gems in every draft, we could mos def get a hidden gem defensive player

Everybody needs to take a chill pill lol

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Atlanta fans and media are worrying about the wrong thing. Y'all should be concerned about y’all receivers, because y’all signed bum ass butter fingers Darnell Mooney as a free agent. Around game 5 half the city is going to want to fight that nikka. As bad as the Bears needed wide receivers they let Mooney go. That should tell you all that you needed to know.
He probably will be 4th in targets. Pitts and London operating as #1 and #2. Bijan is getting more targets than Mooney too

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
after a night of sleeping on it, I'm torn on the Penix pick

I understand the objective should be maximizing the return on an aging/injured slightly above average QB by drafting supplemental pieces (weapons or defense)

BUT

it's also hard to obtain a franchise QB in an ideal environment that buys the front office and coaching staff time (low pressure developmental coc00n for Penix)

the real question is what do yall expect from Kirk Cousins? I'm expecting a playoff win or two in his tenure. Do yall think he's a SB caliber QB? Do yall see him as our version of 2021 Matt Stafford? I don't see that. Crazy thing is Stafford is only 6 months older than Cousins :ohhh:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

I understand the objective should be maximizing the return on an aging/injured slightly above average QB by drafting supplemental pieces (weapons or defense)

BUT

it's also hard to obtain a franchise QB in an ideal environment that buys the front office and coaching staff time (low pressure developmental coc00n for Penix)

the real question is what do yall expect from Kirk Cousins? I'm expecting a playoff win or two in his tenure. Do yall think he's a SB caliber QB? Do yall see him as our version of 2021 Matt Stafford? I don't see that. Crazy thing is Stafford is only 6 months older than Cousins :ohhh:
I always expected any top 25 QB to get to the playoffs with this squad. Top 10 should get to at least the 2nd round. NFCCG is probably the max as SF is still the class of the NFC with Philly being next in line.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

BUT

This is obviously not how football works, but you put Kirk from the start of last season on last year's team and we're easily 10 win division champs

Trade him being a little worse for the rest of the team being a little better and I would expect the same this season

Kirk was signed to make us competitive, not because he makes us SB favorites

We get a couple good breaks then we might make a run but at this point if you tell me we go 10-7/11-6 the next two years and lose close games on the road in the playoffs to Green Bay and LA or some shyt, I'm good :manny: