Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
None of our QBs are real HOF QBs outside of Favre and that was him leaving a bad situation (Atlanta) for a great one (Green Bay). For the first time, we got a great situation, who knows, maybe Ryan and Vick would be HOFs if we put them in elite situations. Something Penix isn't going to have to suffer from.
Matt Ryan is going to the HOF, that's not even up for discussion.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
But we could've traded back and still got him, right? :mjlol:

Bo FUKKIN Nix just went 12th overall and nikkas dare scrutinize us :dead:
Exactly lol

People need to get the fukk over it or go root for someone else hahaha

People don't understand why sooooo many QBs went in the 1st rd and why like 23 picks in the 1st rd were offensive players (and that broke a record)

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Best circumstance means Cousins is playing his ass off and isn’t being replaced in 2 years.

And you are giving the fan base way too much credit. It’s people in here already calling Penix the best QB we have ever had and want him to play.

Cousins struggling even a little bit is going to be a complete shyt show.
He's the only one coming into a great situation.

He got an OL, running game, weapons galore, and a competent defense that finished in the top 12 on PFF. And he has a top 10 QB in front of him. No real risk of being needed in year 1.

He basically has everything needed to be the GOAT QB in our franchise history. Even when you look at the weapons, he's older than all of them. He fits their age window as well. This is what SF did for Montana and KC did for Mahomes. This is how to draft a potential GOAT.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Bart went to into WOAT situation, it killed his career projection

Favre went into a horrible situation, GB saw the obvious talent, traded a 2nd for him and now he's a top 15 QB of all time.

Vick, bad situation and by the time he started, this squad would have been 2-3 wins without him

Ryan went to a solid situation but it was nothing special. OL was mid, WR core was mainly Roddy and we did get a workhorse in Burner but it wasn't a setup that was special or even close.

Penix Jr is by far coming into the best situation and he gets to sit behind a top 10 QB too. Come on, he has everything needed to be successful on every level. This is what Mahomes got.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Best circumstance means Cousins is playing his ass off and isn’t being replaced in 2 years.

And you are giving the fan base way too much credit. It’s people in here already calling Penix the best QB we have ever had and want him to play.

Cousins struggling even a little bit is going to be a complete shyt show.
In my opinion, best case scenario means Penix is a stud and takes the starting spot after 2 years. Penix’s ceiling is higher than Kirk Cousins. After the first 2 years, the Falcons can get Cousins off their books with little negative impact because they’d have paid him all/most of his guaranteed money.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
In my opinion, best case scenario means Penix is a stud and takes the starting spot after 2 years. Penix’s ceiling is higher than Kirk Cousins. After the first 2 years, the Falcons can get Cousins off their books with little negative impact because they’d have paid him all/most of his guaranteed money.
I would be shocked if Cousins is here next year. There is a good chance we eat 25 mil and trade him to another team of his choice for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and that team gives him another contract in the process.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
No, he's not. He's a modern Ken Anderson and is Ken Anderson in the HOF? They have the same exact resume.
Most of his numbers are right on par with Peyton Manning, he's getting in.

Matt Ryan is the only QB in NFL history to throw 13 touchdowns to 13 different wideouts.

If you hate Matt Ryan just say it.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
I would be shocked if Cousins is here next year. There is a good chance we eat 25 mil and trade him to another team of his choice for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and that team gives him another contract in the process.
If Cousins plays well, I’m not doing that unless Penix WOWS in practice. Otherwise, just let him learn. Even if he starts at 26, he’s still got 10 good years in him, assuming he stays healthy

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Most of his numbers are right on par with Peyton Manning, he's getting in.

Matt Ryan is the only QB in NFL history to throw 13 touchdowns to 13 different wideouts.

If you hate Matt Ryan just say it.
nikka, stop lying to yourself. Ken Anderson finished 2nd all-time passing yards when he retired. Ryan is 7th all-time right now. Ken might have a better resume.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If Cousins plays well, I’m not doing that unless Penix WOWS in practice. Otherwise, just let him learn. Even if he starts at 26, he’s still got 10 good years in him, assuming he stays healthy
As good as Penix is, that's not gonna be difficult to do. Penix needs some time but not that much time. Like a half a season time. Man, this is an elite situation.

Most QBs who evaluate QBs leave watching his film like, that's that guy. On top of that, he's in a pure passing scheme with a Marshall Faulk-like RB. This is basically what Kurt Warner got setup with in St. Louis and we play in the dome. Breh, this is unreal to me. This is honestly, exactly how I would have handle it and I don't ever agree with what the Falcons do for the most part. Ever outside of the Julio trade which I would have made as well

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I like Penix, not sure if I like him in the top 10 though. But that’s whatever, I get why the falcons took him.

I just hate the way the falcons handled it. You don’t pay a dude 100M and then blindside him into a QB competition(and yes it’s a competition now). The second he struggles fans will want to see Penix.

Especially in Atlanta. Black QB, top 10 pick. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt.

Kirk about to have his career come full circle. Same way he fleeced the league all these years after Shanny Sr picked him in the same draft as RG3. Tables might turn on him.

1*r7WLartsCRT6PmlmaOQwFg.gif