Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Good pick, bad timing/decision

you paying kirk 45 mill a year for what?

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
None of the EDGE guys were top 10 good. None were even close. They are guys you draft in the teens and that's where they landed. Decent EDGEs who could become good EDGEs are not top 10 picks. If there was a Thibedeux or a Micah Parsons, you should take him but there was no one close.
This. Brehs really arguing that we should've spent a top 10 pick on a nikka who went 17th :pachaha:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes he's rushing 4, but it's not the same 4. Yall brought the most pressure from off-ball LBs of anyone in the league last year. You got 4.5 sacks from your MLB. We have 2 ILBs in Elliss and Andersen who could easily get 5 apiece with that same opportunity. We also have one of the best coverage OLBs in the league(dumb category, but still valid) in Lorenzo Carter who can help execute that too.

Latu is nasty and might've been the best pick in a vacuum, but if Rah can get 18 sacks out of the 3rd round for yall last year, no reason he can't get like half of that out of, say, Mo Kamara and Noah Elliss this year. We just gotta make smart picks the rest of the way.
I’m with you. I just jumped on the Falcons bandwagon when yall got Zac and Rah :russ: so I’m still trying to learn your personnel

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yep, while everyone trying to trade into the top 10 for him like Mahomes

Closest nikka I seen on tape to Warren Moon. He's like Warren Moon if he could run a 4.4

But we could've traded back and still got him, right? :mjlol:

Bo FUKKIN Nix just went 12th overall and nikkas dare scrutinize us :dead:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
But we could've traded back and still got him, right? :mjlol:

Bo FUKKIN Nix just went 12th overall and nikkas dare scrutinize us :dead:
We just drafted the greatest QB in franchise history and nikkas is mad. I can't believe I would see the day. This nikka as talented as any of the other big 5 QBs and he's the only one going into an elite situation. This nikka might win MVP in year 2.

We got London on da track, Pitts, Bijan, Alliger, Moore, Mooney, a top 5 OL, and he gets to play when he's ready, not just because we took him in the top 10. Man, this nikka got the Mahomes package.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
No matter how you spin it the timeline doesn’t match up for anyone and now you have two QBs confused as hell as to what is going on.

You sell Cousins on coming here and winning now, you don’t draft someone who can help him win now, and then tell him his focus needs to be partially on training his replacement.

We drafted a QB that under the best circumstances won’t see the field until he is 27-28. He knows he is old, he wants to play earlier than that. And I’m gonna throw it out there, if Cousins even slightly struggles you gonna start up some more shyt with half of the fanbase wanting to push Penix out there early. Meaning you have a 100 million dollar problem in Cousins.

If the goal was to have a QB ready play in year 3-4 of Cousins contract you could have found that in next years draft or the year after. You don’t spend a top 10 pick on the 4th best qb who in all seriousness you don’t even want to play in the near future. And you don’t spend 100 million dollars on a teacher!

There are reports that numerous teams behind us were salivating over a QB. Trade down with them and regain some draft picks you are about to lose due to tampering. Then pick someone who can help us win now!
This post is inaccurate in a lot of ways…

Under the BEST circumstances, Penix is 26 when he plays. That’s with Cousins playing 2 years and getting cut (or 3 years MAX) which was the assumption when he was signed.

If the fans want to start Penix because Cousins struggles early, then that’s because the fans are stupid and emotional. Cousins has been good enough to give him at least a full year without any heat unless he’s just stinking it up.

If the Falcons think they are already competitive then they likely believe they won’t be able to draft the QB they want because they’ll be picking in the late teens to early 20’s. Then if they lose a significant draft pick next year, they won’t even be able to trade up into an earlier pick.

Next year isn’t a particularly strong draft class for QBs either. At least not right now.

At the end of they day, they must have REALLY liked what they saw when they went up for that visit a couple weeks ago to see him throw

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
We just drafted the greatest QB in franchise history and nikkas is mad. I can't believe I would see the day. This nikka as talented as any of the other big 5 QBs and he's the only one going into an elite situation. This nikka might win MVP in year 2.

We got London on da track, Pitts, Bijan, Alliger, Moore, Mooney, a top 5 OL, and he gets to play when he's ready, not just because we took him in the top 10. Man, this nikka got the Mahomes package.
You going a little hard right now with this “greatest QB” talk for a guy who hasn’t played an NFL snap, lol, but the truth is if they hadn’t signed Cousins, people would have loved this pick. Or, somebody may have traded up in front of the Falcons if they knew it was a possibility.

The choice was probably trade back with somebody who wants Penix to get some player they don’t think is a game changer… or draft Penix, who they think is a game changer and just let him sit a couple years to develop.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

Yeah but we were supposed to draft Bradley Chubb with a Nick Saban stamp because pass rush is only based on 1 player who can only be picked in the 1st round :heh:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yep, while everyone trying to trade into the top 10 for him like Mahomes

Closest nikka I seen on tape to Warren Moon. He's like Warren Moon if he could run a 4.4

Seahawks & Saints already have established starters and other needs, yet they were willing to trade up for him as well. This move isn’t as stupid as some are saying.

What’s the emergency plan in case Cousins goes down? I’d rather watch Penix out there than some bum who’s been on 7 teams. If Kirk was 25 I’d see an issue with it. The nikka is almost 40 coming off a major injury. Falcons realized this and acted accordingly.

I fukk with this pick

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You going a little hard right now with this “greatest QB” talk for a guy who hasn’t played an NFL snap, lol, but the truth is if they hadn’t signed Cousins, people would have loved this pick. Or, somebody may have traded up in front of the Falcons if they knew it was a possibility.

The choice was probably trade back with somebody who wants Penix to get some player they don’t think is a game changer… or draft Penix, who they think is a game changer and just let him sit a couple years to develop.
None of our QBs are real HOF QBs outside of Favre and that was him leaving a bad situation (Atlanta) for a great one (Green Bay). For the first time, we got a great situation, who knows, maybe Ryan and Vick would be HOFs if we put them in elite situations. Something Penix isn't going to have to suffer from.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This post is inaccurate in a lot of ways…

Under the BEST circumstances, Penix is 26 when he plays. That’s with Cousins playing 2 years and getting cut (or 3 years MAX) which was the assumption when he was signed.

If the fans want to start Penix because Cousins struggles early, then that’s because the fans are stupid and emotional. Cousins has been good enough to give him at least a full year without any heat unless he’s just stinking it up.

If the Falcons think they are already competitive then they likely believe they won’t be able to draft the QB they want because they’ll be picking in the late teens to early 20’s. Then if they lose a significant draft pick next year, they won’t even be able to trade up into an earlier pick.

Next year isn’t a particularly strong draft class for QBs either. At least not right now.

At the end of they day, they must have REALLY liked what they saw when they went up for that visit a couple weeks ago to see him throw

Best circumstance means Cousins is playing his ass off and isn’t being replaced in 2 years.

And you are giving the fan base way too much credit. It’s people in here already calling Penix the best QB we have ever had and want him to play.

Cousins struggling even a little bit is going to be a complete shyt show.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah but we were supposed to draft Bradley Chubb with a Nick Saban stamp because pass rush is only based on 1 player who can only be picked in the 1st round :heh:
There isn't even a Bradley Chubb in this draft at the EDGE. It's essentially Jaelan Phillips at best type EDGEs.