Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
GMDbDQOWsAA4x6U
Black, du-rag, left handed, and strong arm.

Arthur Blank: :ohhh:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
This really was the only legit shot we will have under this regime to get a QB of the future. Raiders were under .500 and had 6 of them go before their pick. Any QB prospect worth half a damn going top half of the 1st here on out. Blank won't allow the keys of his franchise to be handed to a 3rd round developmental QB neither after the Smith/Ridder debacle. So it was kinda now or never; either go completely all-in on the next 2 years like the Jets are doing or try to build a sustainable winning structure for years to come.

There's something to be said about not having to worry about QB for the next 10 years and being able to focus on building the rest of the roster. We're building around an elite QB salary already, so we won't "overbuild" and be forced to take a step back when Penix's deal is up. If MP is really that guy, then he gives us the best chance of getting to the Super Bowl of any draft pick we could've made, even if he doesn't increase the odds the most *this* season.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like Penix, not sure if I like him in the top 10 though. But that’s whatever, I get why the falcons took him.

I just hate the way the falcons handled it. You don’t pay a dude 100M and then blindside him into a QB competition(and yes it’s a competition now). The second he struggles fans will want to see Penix.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I like Penix, not sure if I like him in the top 10 though. But that’s whatever, I get why the falcons took him.

I just hate the way the falcons handled it. You don’t pay a dude 100M and then blindside him into a QB competition(and yes it’s a competition now). The second he struggles fans will want to see Penix.
He got 100 mil. He's good.
He's not Matt Ryan, we don't owe him shyt. He's a mercenary

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

We finally did what you are supposed to do. For years, I watched Green Bay run an elite franchise and watch my Falcons fukk shyt up but no more.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He got 100 mil. He's good.
He's not Matt Ryan, we don't owe him shyt. He's a mercenary

Kirk cousins hasn't won anything that mattered as well and is coming off an Achilles injury and he's 35

Even if he starts for the next two then meh

He's not owed anything .

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Sooo our first round pick is gonna sit for 4, 5 years :heh: ….anyways, I disagree with this line of thinking. The goal should be to win now. We should be a playoff team already. The time is now