Welcome to Kirkwood - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Your response to me posting a joke tells me you feel some type of way about it. All good breh, yall in good spot Penix can learn and he good.
smash-jesse-l-martin.gif

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll crying when we just took the best QB in franchise history. Stop it! He's probably the first QB we drafted setup to shine and be ready when he's ready
I'm not going to be too hard on this pick just yet.

But the thing is, the Falcons BEEN needing pass rush for years.

Kirk is coming off an achilles injury, he's in his late 30's, they just got finished backing up the brinks truck to him.

Penix is like 24-25, had an injury prone college career.

On paper this doesn't make much sense.

Again I'm not going to hard on the pick, with drafts you don't know what you have until 2 - 4 years down the road.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ya'll crying when we just took the best QB in franchise history. Stop it! He's probably the first QB we drafted setup to shine and be ready when he's ready
Just feels like a waste using that pick on a QB and giving Kirk all that money.We could have just drafted Penix and got some more weapons with the money.I don’t see how it can sit well with anyone rn.We took an L today hopefully that changes when the master plan takes shape.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Just feels like a waste using that pick on a QB and giving Kirk all that money.We could have just drafted Penix and got some more weapons with the money.I don’t see how it can sit well with anyone rn.We took an L today hopefully that changes when the master plan takes shape.
We didn't waste no money. Cousins is worth the signing. Penix is worth the pick. We finally running this franchise like we should have. Stack up the rooms. Have a secession plan. Develop a QB to be a superstar and not to fail or be capped

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Kirk is coming off an achilles injury, he's in his late 30's, they just got finished backing up the brinks truck to him.

Again I'm not going to hard on the pick, with drafts you don't know what you have until 2 - 4 years down the road.
He's been healthy for the last two years and the injuries weren't niks, they were serious and he changed up his style of play for it.

Best passing metrics
Best sack rate
Best pocket presence
Can spray all parts of the field
This is a passing scheme and we have elite playmakers and an elite OL.
He's setup to have elite success.
And he doesn't have to get rushed into this either.

This is the first QB we drafted that's given time and an elite personnel.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

It’s the dumbest pick the Falcons could’ve made, why are people defending it? Cousins is pissed now too so now you have a rookie no one wanted and your new QB who now doesn’t know WTF is going in. Even if this was the plan, it doesn’t seem like everyone’s on the same page

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We didn't waste no money. Cousins is worth the signing. Penix is worth the pick. We finally running this franchise like we should have. Stack up the rooms. Have a secession plan. Develop a QB to be a superstar and not to fail or be capped
We picked a back up QB with the 8th pick overall!!

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It’s the dumbest pick the Falcons could’ve made, why are people defending it? Cousins is pissed now too so now you have a rookie no one wanted and your new QB who now doesn’t know WTF is going in. Even if this was the plan, it doesn’t seem like everyone’s on the same page
Because drafting Mahomes when you have Alex Smith is dumb. A franchise QB who fits what you >>>>> drafting a mid tier EDGE rusher

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
We drafted five franchise QBs

Bartkowski
Favre
Vick
Ryan
Penix Jr

We just drafted the 1st one that's gonna be in an elite situation. Finally. That's all I've ever ask for. If you get one, put them in a great situation. One where they go in and learn and prep before they get thrown into the fire. Learning from high Football IQ Cousins. Man, I don't think I seen the Falcons do it right ever but they finally did