We smoking on that XBOX pack tonight. It's Ovah. RIP XBOX.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
9/9/99 usa....it came out first for the generation and looked better than PS1 and N64 polygons.

PS2 came out jaggies and that weird shimmering look when I had it real time....PS2 was weaker than GameCube and Xbox if we talking power. PS2 was still a cheap DVD player that happened to play games, lol.

The DVD player was a great to have, but it's primary purpose was still games. You got a package deal.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I remember us speaking up thru Bethesda and ABK. What happened?

There will still be comp when it comes to games. if these titles don't sell on Sony it's not because they're Xbox games, it's because we have a higher standard :mjpls:
I already own Hi-Fi Rush. Which is probably more than what game pass subscribers did. Other than that I don’t really have a desire to play a bunch of stuff, that I honestly still wouldn’t be interested in playing, even if Microsoft hadn’t acquired those developers.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Satya wants to compete with Steam not Sony

Microsoft is not a hardware company

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I already own Hi-Fi Rush. Which is probably more than what game pass subscribers did. Other than that I don’t really have a desire to play a bunch of stuff, that I honestly still wouldn’t be interested in playing, even if Microsoft hadn’t acquired those developers.

Hi Fi Rush is cool but the way xbox stans hype it you’d think it was RDR2/GOW status. It’s about what I’d rate something like Rift Apart, fun to play but nothing that really sticks with you long term gameplay wise. Feels like a fun ps2 game.

I think most unbiased playstation and nintendo players will rate it about the same, a solid 8.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Satya wants to compete with Steam not Sony

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
9/9/99 usa....it came out first for the generation and looked better than PS1 and N64 polygons.

PS2 came out jaggies and that weird shimmering look when I had it real time....PS2 was weaker than GameCube and Xbox if we talking power. PS2 was still a cheap DVD player that happened to play games, lol.
That's the issue, dreamcast seemed like it was developed to compete with N64/PSX, but sony and Nintendo were getting ready to launch their next generation of consoles. The ps2 was weaker than its competitors, but it was still significantly more powerful than the Dreamcast.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:ufdup:The only time power won a generation was the PS4 era. Other than that it was either the games, or the console’s gimmick that decided the winner.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup:The only time power won a generation was the PS4 era. Other than that it was either the games, or the console’s gimmick that decided the winner.
Power never decided a winnner, the ps4 wasn’t even the most powerful console
:gucci:

Y'all just say stuff

Let's act like the Super Nintendo over Sega Genesis wasn't a thing.

The thing that wins every generations console "war" is 3rd party support 1st then graphics.

It's why NES dominated
It's why SNES won
It's why PS1 won
It's why the PS2 won
It's why the 360 almost won.
It's why the PS4 won

Sony Stan's did their best to try and change the narrative towards the end of the PS4 generation with 1st party "console exclusives" only to walk that back with the PS5 and it having to lean on "3rd party exclusives" and sharing their "console exclusives" on PC now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's why the 360 almost won.
It's why the PS4 won

Power has nothing to do with most of that and especially these two.

You think PS4 won because of power and not because of how terrible the launch of the xbox one was? The price and focus on Kinect? How terrible the software for it over the course of the generation was? How badly managed its own studios were?

Thats why yall are so confused xbox is in the situation its in now becuase you don’t understand the industry at all :mjlol:

Xbox series x did nothing but brag about power and now it’s still getting outsold 3:1, why is that?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I'm not a M$ stan, but a $1200 console will be your reality with the PS6. Enjoy the senseless price gouging. :unimpressed:

We need competition in gaming. Anyone saying no, basically doesn't respect their wallets.
there wasn’t competition for the past two generations why are folks crying about it now lmaooo