We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
If we decide to cash out with Turner, Cox/JOK, and Campbell/Joseph in the 2nd. A+ draft.

I really want JOK, but the Saints put Cox under the microscope. Multiple interviews and got coach to work out with him. They got really like him.

I still think JOK is a game changing player, but Hybrid playmaking Safety /Linebacker/pass rusher are a hard sell. They like their prototype player.

I hope Saints will subvert expectations and get JOK. It seems that teams have figured out our game and won't do business.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Idk enough about him to be excited or mad. I see some fans being emotional as if anyone really knows anyone after the "big names" lol. I'll just hope for the best. Ireland has earned my trust.

There you go being optimistic as usual. :wow:

What I do NOT want though is another Stephone Anthony or Zach Baun where "it'll be a year or two" before he's an impact player. Screw that. He's a first round pick. I don't need him to be an instant Pro Bowler but sheesh give me some contributions in Year One.

:ufdup: Bet not draft another "Autozone" either :scust:

I feel the same way about this pick as I did when we whiffed on Patrick Queen for a random # center/guard/whatever the fukk that kid plays, don't even remember his position or name at this point. :unimpressed:

:mjlol: @portcityplaya a damn fool for creating the "Random #" concept. :laff:

Anyway, you must be talking about the Michgan cat Ruiz from last year. :snoop: @smitty22

Goddam has this franchise fumbled the draft BIG TIME since that miracle 2017 one... which I'm sadly beginning to think was an all-time fluke; the success of every pick since then such as good ol' Mr. 2 Firsts can attest to that. :snoop: This team has a bad habit of proving me 100% right every time I'm feeling pessimistic about them, for once I'd like to eat crow at our success instead of being right about the failings.

You're the Yang to @NOSaintsFan02's Yin. :wow:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
There you go being optimistic as usual. :wow:

:ufdup: Bet not draft another "Autozone" either :scust:

:mjlol: @portcityplaya a damn fool for creating the "Random #" concept. :laff:

Anyway, you must be talking about the Michgan cat Ruiz from last year. :snoop: @smitty22

You're the Yang to @NOSaintsFan02's Yin. :wow:
Stop. I'm the heel this year.

I think we will be mediocre as hell this season lol. I just also don't act like I know enough about these prospects to declare the draft a bust or success. I learned my lesson in 2017 when I was like "The fukk we trading up to draft a RB who wasn't even a starter for? :hhh:"

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Stop. I'm the heel this year.

I think we will be mediocre as hell this season lol. I just also don't act like I know enough about these prospects to declare the draft a bust or success. I learned my lesson in 2017 when I was like "The fukk we trading up to draft a RB who wasn't even a starter for? :hhh:"

Don't tell me you were one of those people man :heh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
But he from Ohio State @smitty22 :patrice:

Like my dad was saying last year after we got Kwon "its about time they went and got a linebacker who play like a nikka. He just fast and all over the place."
And thats what we need is some nikka linebackers who fast, aggressive and run all over the place.. Not AJ Klein part deux.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I loved and hated him for 3 years at OSU. Absolutely hated him for his 1st 2 years on the field. Loved and hated him his last year here. He’ll make plays for you all over the field. Then he’ll give up the big one. 2nd round for me is a little high. Thought he’d go 3 at best more realistically 4 :yeshrug:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
We just going high ceiling/low floor prospects this draft, but it makes sense.

We aren't a Superbowl contender. We are trying be in playoff contention with a new QB.

It's probably the best way to look at this. Do I see any of these players having break out rookie years. Probably not. Do we really need them to do that? Not at all, because until we figure out the QB position. We can't sell out. So, they are drafting players they can develop long term.

US being 8-9 next year is probably a good move and perfect time for us to really reload with better quality picks. They are hoarding next year picks. So, it shows what they see.

Granted... Our drafting process was extremely hampered by opt outs, covid restrictions, and etc. So, this year could be a wash.

All in all, I think these players could be solid to good rotational players their 1st years. We need to sign Richard Sherman.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

I loved and hated him for 3 years at OSU. Absolutely hated him for his 1st 2 years on the field. Loved and hated him his last year here. He’ll make plays for you all over the field. Then he’ll give up the big one. 2nd round for me is a little high. Thought he’d go 3 at best more realistically 4 :yeshrug:

If Smitty aint rah rah juelzin and inserting Brutus smileys when talking bout OSU players you know they trash af.
Warner a lifetime special teamer :snoop:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
If Smitty aint rah rah juelzin and inserting Brutus smileys when talking bout OSU players you know they trash af.
Warner a lifetime special teamer :snoop:
shyt im pretty sure ive trashed him and Borland on your podcast. He got a lot better his senior year but im not fan. Hopefully he ball out for yall though since yall took a 2nd on him :heh: