We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Do a search of the Little Shawn/Combat Jack interview. I posted it a few times on the forum.

Shawn is one of the rare AA artists to come out of Flatbush, basically every other artist or street figure he mentions from that area during the interview is Caribbean. In the interview he mentions his family being the first Black family to move into a certain section over there.
I don't know if Shawn is ADOS, he acts like it though. He reminds me of an ADOS who thinks he's cool cause he knows more West Indian gangsta then others he's around, but he's cool to me still

As far as ADOS artist from Flatbush, I know Father MC was from vanderveer, same for Stephanie Mills. Kedar Massenberg is from Flatbush, but he is a music exec. Michael K. Williams is half ADOS, from vanderveer. Fredro Star from onyx is from Flatbush, but moved to queens right before they got big. Sticky fingaz is from flatbush, i know hes fredro's cousin but im not sure if hes ADOS cause I don't if they are blood related. Talib Kweli, even if he is a foul sucka for lying on Yvette Carnell. There's more but I can't remember off top but they wouldn't be in rap

When it came to rap, flatbush was last to get props in BK. I remember when Special ed came out with his first album, I was down south blasting "the bush" on my boombox. He made me proud to be flatbush, even though just being from NYC was more then enough to be considered cool!

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
In a way yeah, cause I was bullied and called immigrant. Mind you, some of them were Jamaicans from church Ave. and were immigrant themselves.:jbhmm:
Thank you for telling the truth, people like rewriting history, and forgetting it was other West Indians dissing Haitians

Now, West Indians are coming together, which is good, but tell the truth about the past

Off topic but I also forgot Masta ace, and Coko from SWV is ADOS from Flatbush too!

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
Thank you for telling the truth, people like rewriting history, and forgetting it was other West Indians dissing Haitians

Now, West Indians are coming together, which is good, but tell the truth about the past

Off topic but I also forgot Masta ace, and Coko from SWV is ADOS from Flatbush too!

At south shore HS, I had it bad. I was friend with the other outcast group , Haitians because we both were discriminated by black Americans and wannabe American Jamaicans. That’s a simple fact, and I can understand why black Americans accepted more the Jamaicans, because back in the mid 90s reggae was big in Brooklyn.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
At south shore HS, I had it bad. I was friend with the other outcast group , Haitians because we both were discriminated by black Americans and wannabe American Jamaicans. That’s a simple fact, and I can understand why black Americans accepted more the Jamaicans, because back in the mid 90s reggae was big in Brooklyn.
Jamaicans got accepted before that because they got busy with the guns when rudeboys immigrated here

To me, the fugees should be honored because they gave a lot of Haitians pride, and that’s when I noticed a lot of people started being cool with Haitians

I never understood it, but I was raised with black awareness, my family on my mother’s side came straight from the south and always said “we all black”. They grew up under jim crow, so it was stupid to dis other blacks knowing who was our real enemy

my aunt did get mad at West Indians who had played like they were better then ADOS. She would go off on them in public, and they couldn’t say nothing because she would bring them back to reality, and she was the bougie person they were trying to be!

I didn’t get it, and would defend them until I started experiencing it myself, but I don’t put it on all of them, just the c00ns

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
Jamaicans got accepted before that because they got busy with the guns when rudeboys immigrated here

To me, the fugees should be honored because they gave a lot of Haitians pride, and that’s when I noticed a lot of people started being cool with Haitians

I never understood it, but I was raised with black awareness, my family on my mother’s side came straight from the south and always said “we all black”. They grew up under jim crow, so it was stupid to dis other blacks knowing who was our real enemy

my aunt did get mad at West Indians who had played like they were better then ADOS. She would go off on them in public, and they couldn’t say nothing because she would bring them back to reality, and she was the bougie person they were trying to be!

I didn’t get it, and would defend them until I started experiencing it myself, but I don’t put it on all of them, just the c00ns

I can only go base on my experience. Back in the mid 90s Dominicans, Haitians and some other Panamenian here and there got it bad in Brooklyn. To be more clear Brownsville and the Canarsie area High schools. Except for Puerto Ricans, they seemed more accepted at the time by Black Americans.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I can only go base on my experience. Back in the mid 90s Dominicans, Haitians and some other Panamenian here and there got it bad in Brooklyn. To be more clear Brownsville and the Canarsie area High schools. Except for Puerto Ricans, they seemed more accepted at the time by Black Americans.
Damn, by the mid 90’s all that shyt stopped wherever I was. Them nikkas was late as hell!

Puerto Rican’s were here before all others, but I read before the 70’s, ADOS and P.R. Gangs would beef with each other

but you mentioned Canarsie. In the 90’s, Canarsie started being gentrified by West Indians, and whites were moving out, so I doubt those people were ADOS. I’m not trying to start an argument but why do West Indians tell this story omitting it was other West Indians shytting on Haitians? I don’t like how things are being rewritten. When it’s good it seems y’all make sure to get credit somehow, but when it’s negative, then it’s just black American. shyt is foul to me, but I know it’s power in numbers so y’all got ya numbers up in nyc and telling a different story then how it really happened. All it does is give power to people like Tariq nasheed who use it to show y’all are against us

“WHITE FLIGHT” & FEAR OF BLACK NEIGHBORS IN CANARSIE, 1990s

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

Yea I never got jiggy with putting the blame on black Americans. The first dude who use to attack me for being Haitian was a Trini dude and dude openly laughed at me in a white school

:francis:

The ADOS vs Haitian thing was probably more realistic in New Jersey and def was in South Florida.

Don’t think Haitians living in Harlem even got much heat at all.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I’m on YouTube, and what is the first video that popped up, right when I made my post?

looks like this shyt is growing. I follow Tariq cause he’s funny, and I want to see how this FBA/Nonfba fight is going. I read some comments, and so many people just kept lying on history which gives Tariq fuel. I even asked one guy to prove his point, and he said he isn’t my teacher go Google. Telling the truth stops all of this, but people gonna do what they do

Regardless of where you’re from, I’m rocking with ya if you deal with the truth✌️

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Reggae music had little to do with Jamaicans not being targets/food in that era.

Jamaicans fought those battles decades earlier in New York and were fighting them in other cities in the 70s to 80s in other cities.

English speaking Caribbeans had been coming to NYC since the early 1900s. They fought those street battles and won that respect over the decades. When the rudeboy/shotta element of their population started coming over in the 1960s, people that tried to bully Jamaicans found out that there were severe repercussions. Still viewed as outsiders to an extent, but the fear of retaliation kept people from trying to physically bully people from JA.

Actually surprised to read that Puerto Ricans were food in the era you're talking about. PRs had an advantage of other groups. Other Islanders were immigrants, and that process screened out a lot of the killer ,street dude element from their populations in America. The communities had no counter/match when they were confronted by that element here.
Ricans come and go as they please as citizens, so all components of their community have been here for decades.... strivers, killers and everything in between. And they had large numbers, unlike screened vetted small immigrant groups.
You must have just been in a section of the city where PRs weren't deep.

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I think I have the person you're replying to on ignore, but reggae music had nothing to do with Jamaicans not being targets/food in that era.

Jamaicans fought those battles decades earlier in New York and were fighting them in other cities in the 70s to 80s in other cities.

English speaking Caribbeans had been coming to NYC since the early 1900s. They fought those street battles and won that respect over the decades. When the rudeboy/shotta element of their population started coming over in the 1960s, people that tried to bully Jamaicans found out that there were severe repercussions. Still viewed as outsiders to an extent, but the fear of retaliation kept people from trying to physically bully people from JA.
That’s wrong, and goes back to my point in telling the truth on history. It was the early to mid 80s when the gangstas of Jamaica came here and they were the Gangs associated with the politics that got Bob Marley shot. The JLP and the PNP is what started the gangs like the shower posse who brought havoc to the states during the kingpin drug era of the 80’s

before them West Indians who came here in the early 1900s were the upperclass of Jamaica. And they were only around 200,000 in population until the late 70’s when more came after the 1965 immigration civil rights act was signed. Blacks weren’t allowed to live in the states from the 1930’s-1960’s unless married to an American or going to school. In nyc nonwhite immigrants were around 500,000-700,00 in the mid to late 70s. Black Americans were around 1.5 million. Jamaicans were around 250,000(iirc).

Kool herc tells the story of gangs throwing Jamaicans in the trash in the 70s, but he was cool because he played basketball with aggression and he didn’t just hang with other Jamaicans. That’s how he got his name “herc”, it’s short for Hercules. He said the more Americanized he became, his Jamaican friends would look at him crazy for hanging with tough Americans

Last edited:

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
Reggae music had little to do with Jamaicans not being targets/food in that era.

Actually surprised to read that Puerto Ricans were food in the era you're talking about. PRs had an advantage of other groups. Other Islanders were immigrants, and that process screened out a lot of the killer ,street dude element from their populations in America. The communities had no counter/match when they were confronted by that element here.
Ricans come and go as they please as citizens, so all components of their community have been here for decades.... strivers, killers and everything in between. And they had large numbers, unlike screened vetted small immigrant groups.
You must have just been in a section of the city where PRs weren't deep.

Have to agreed, being able to speak English was a plus for them.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I’m from Detroit. East Side. I’ve seen my fair share of degeneracy and fukk shyt.
:ehh:

That being said, the times that I’ve been to NY, I’ve NEVER left Manhattan to visit the other boroughs. It was always straight from Newark airport into Manhattan for me. Harlem was cool though. So, go ahead and share a Brooklyn story or two, if you haven’t already.
:feedme:
Same. I stay in Manhattan whenever I’m in New York.